I just came back from a trip in Iran & Pakistan. All in all it was great and safe. Although we were traveling on motorbike in supposedly very dangerous areas in Pakistan nothing happened and we met many other travellers on the way too. Having said that I shall add that just a month ago 2 Polish girls were kidnapped on the way from Taftan border to Quetta. It´s a matter of a lot of luck and a bit of common sense I guess. I have gathered all the practical information regarding the border crossing, visa application, paper work, security issues and any other important information specially for overlanders or even backpackers on my blog. Apart from that you can see the pictures, videos and read the post to judge by yourself whether it´s your kind of destination or not.
You can check it out at the following link:
Hope you find it useful.
Happy travels in Middel East
Traveling on bike in Iran & Pakistan
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Taking SA rental car into Zimbabwe and/or Botswana
- 2 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 3 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 4 Hotels in Nairobi
- 5 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 6 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 7 Remote Rivers Tours-Madagascar
- 8 Morocco in April 2014
- 9 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 10 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 11 Uganda Travel Planning
- 12 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 13 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 14 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 15 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 16 Green Season Safari Questions
- 17 Novice Safari question
- 18 Quick question about Kenya..
- 19 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 20 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 21 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 22 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 23 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 24 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 25 Best time to go to South Africa?