I just came back from a trip in Iran & Pakistan. All in all it was great and safe. Although we were traveling on motorbike in supposedly very dangerous areas in Pakistan nothing happened and we met many other travellers on the way too. Having said that I shall add that just a month ago 2 Polish girls were kidnapped on the way from Taftan border to Quetta. It´s a matter of a lot of luck and a bit of common sense I guess. I have gathered all the practical information regarding the border crossing, visa application, paper work, security issues and any other important information specially for overlanders or even backpackers on my blog. Apart from that you can see the pictures, videos and read the post to judge by yourself whether it´s your kind of destination or not.
You can check it out at the following link:
Hope you find it useful.
Happy travels in Middel East
Traveling on bike in Iran & Pakistan
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Where to go after visit to Uganda in late March/early April
- 2 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 3 Riad Saturday Night vs. Riad Dar El Janoub
- 4 Dubai first time
- 5 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 6 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 7 Zambia Impressions
- 8 Taste of Dubai
- 9 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 10 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 11 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 12 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 13 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 14 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 15 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 16 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 17 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 18 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 19 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 20 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 21 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 22 Dubai and/or Oman
- 23 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 24 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 25 Morocco Advice