I just came back from a trip in Iran & Pakistan. All in all it was great and safe. Although we were traveling on motorbike in supposedly very dangerous areas in Pakistan nothing happened and we met many other travellers on the way too. Having said that I shall add that just a month ago 2 Polish girls were kidnapped on the way from Taftan border to Quetta. It´s a matter of a lot of luck and a bit of common sense I guess. I have gathered all the practical information regarding the border crossing, visa application, paper work, security issues and any other important information specially for overlanders or even backpackers on my blog. Apart from that you can see the pictures, videos and read the post to judge by yourself whether it´s your kind of destination or not.
You can check it out at the following link:
Hope you find it useful.
Happy travels in Middel East
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 2 Safari Goers, I Need Your Expertise!
- 3 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 4 Itinerary Ideas
- 5 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 6 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 7 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 8 Help with Israel Trip (First Timers): Some Basic Questions
- 9 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 10 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 11 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 12 Kenya/Tanzania
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 2 nights in Dubai
- 15 16 hours in Qatar
- 16 Petra from Israel
- 17 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 18 A South African in Lusaka
- 19 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 20 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 21 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 22 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 23 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 24 Safari suggestions
- 25 Best places to eat in Egypt?