I just came back from a trip in Iran & Pakistan. All in all it was great and safe. Although we were traveling on motorbike in supposedly very dangerous areas in Pakistan nothing happened and we met many other travellers on the way too. Having said that I shall add that just a month ago 2 Polish girls were kidnapped on the way from Taftan border to Quetta. It´s a matter of a lot of luck and a bit of common sense I guess. I have gathered all the practical information regarding the border crossing, visa application, paper work, security issues and any other important information specially for overlanders or even backpackers on my blog. Apart from that you can see the pictures, videos and read the post to judge by yourself whether it´s your kind of destination or not.
You can check it out at the following link:
Hope you find it useful.
Happy travels in Middel East
Traveling on bike in Iran & Pakistan
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 2 Skywards voucher - Dubai airport
- 3 Question about UK outlet adapters & taps
- 4 Johannesburg
- 5 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 6 Rental cars in Cape Town
- 7 Back from 26 Days in the Falkland Islands - Happy to answer any questions
- 8 Transiting through Cairo
- 9 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 10 South Africa in February?
- 11 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- 12 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 13 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 14 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 15 Car Rentals in Israel
- 16 Dubai for New Years Eve - Fireworks, Itinerary
- 17 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 18 Morocco to portugal
- 19 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 20 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 21 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 22 Independence Day in Israel
- 23 Drinking on safari
- 24 Fodor's 100 Hotel Award Winners
- 25 Travelust