I'm traveling to Zambia beginning of March and staying there until end of April doing my rotations at the hospital.
Beginning of May I'm planning on traveling around south east of Africa for 7 weeks: Malawi, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and finish off with South Africa.
I have traveled around quite a bit, but always with friends. This would be my first solo trip... (maybe not if I find someone nice ^^)..
At first I was quite confident that everything would turn out fine, but I'm starting to wonder..
Do you guys think it's safe to travel around alone as a woman? I have never been to subsaharan Africa..
Even if you guys were to say yes, it's... well, too late, my flights are booked.
But I'd really appreciate if any of you have any advice, etc..
Or maybe some of you are planning on traveling the same countries at the same time as me and would like to join forces??
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Zimbabwe traveling solo
- 2 Capetown, Garden Route & Safari
- 3 SOUTH AFRICAN SAFARI TRIP-JULY 2015
- 4 Mauritius info request please
- 5 Extended wait time at JNB airport
- 6 South Africa- Capetown/Safari Planning Help Please
- 7 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 8 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 9 New Visa Rules on arrival for Kenya W.E.F 01 July 2015
- 10 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 11 WiFi on Safari
- 12 Travel within Africa
- 13 Cape Town - things to do IN THE CITY and where to stay?
- 14 In South Africa, What do Hotels Mean by "Tea and Coffee-making Facilities"?
- 15 Israel itinerary planning
- 16 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 17 Capetown 3-day itinerary?
- 18 My experience of 8 day tour in Morocco
- 19 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 20 My Tour in Morocco by 4x4
- 21 Kenya: No longer able to get visa on arrival at airport?
- 22 Seal snorkeling - Capetown
- 23 Luggage Storage Question at O.R. Tambo Int'l Airport
- 24 Hotel at Victoria Falls - suggestions welcome
- 25 Need itineary planning help