I'm traveling to Zambia beginning of March and staying there until end of April doing my rotations at the hospital.
Beginning of May I'm planning on traveling around south east of Africa for 7 weeks: Malawi, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and finish off with South Africa.
I have traveled around quite a bit, but always with friends. This would be my first solo trip... (maybe not if I find someone nice ^^)..
At first I was quite confident that everything would turn out fine, but I'm starting to wonder..
Do you guys think it's safe to travel around alone as a woman? I have never been to subsaharan Africa..
Even if you guys were to say yes, it's... well, too late, my flights are booked.
But I'd really appreciate if any of you have any advice, etc..
Or maybe some of you are planning on traveling the same countries at the same time as me and would like to join forces??
Traveling alone.. Like to join forces?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 2 Kruger
- 3 Morocco to Tel Aviv --flights
- 4 Pulse Africa???
- 5 Anybody used Classic Africa to plan a safari?
- 6 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 7 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 8 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 9 Safari buddies - late August
- 10 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 11 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 12 Dennis's Trip Report: Caprivi Strip, Vic Falls and Hwange Park, Zimbabwe
- 13 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 14 Morocco Trip Report
- 15 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 16 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 17 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 18 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 19 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 20 Wild Dog Pups and Brown Hyenas: A Volunteer Adventure in South Africa
- 21 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 22 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 23 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 24 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 25 Car Rentals in Israel