I'm traveling to Zambia beginning of March and staying there until end of April doing my rotations at the hospital.
Beginning of May I'm planning on traveling around south east of Africa for 7 weeks: Malawi, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and finish off with South Africa.
I have traveled around quite a bit, but always with friends. This would be my first solo trip... (maybe not if I find someone nice ^^)..
At first I was quite confident that everything would turn out fine, but I'm starting to wonder..
Do you guys think it's safe to travel around alone as a woman? I have never been to subsaharan Africa..
Even if you guys were to say yes, it's... well, too late, my flights are booked.
But I'd really appreciate if any of you have any advice, etc..
Or maybe some of you are planning on traveling the same countries at the same time as me and would like to join forces??
Traveling alone.. Like to join forces?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Mount Kilimanjaro among 7 world summit peaks
- 2 Get in touch and begin an unforgettable journey
- 3 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 4 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 5 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 6 To go to Israel or not?
- 7 Bidair at JNB
- 8 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 9 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 10 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 11 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 12 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 13 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 14 Questions about Chobe
- 15 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 16 Dubai > Oman?
- 17 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 18 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 19 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 20 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 21 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 22 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 23 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 24 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 25 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)