I'm traveling to Zambia beginning of March and staying there until end of April doing my rotations at the hospital.
Beginning of May I'm planning on traveling around south east of Africa for 7 weeks: Malawi, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and finish off with South Africa.
I have traveled around quite a bit, but always with friends. This would be my first solo trip... (maybe not if I find someone nice ^^)..
At first I was quite confident that everything would turn out fine, but I'm starting to wonder..
Do you guys think it's safe to travel around alone as a woman? I have never been to subsaharan Africa..
Even if you guys were to say yes, it's... well, too late, my flights are booked.
But I'd really appreciate if any of you have any advice, etc..
Or maybe some of you are planning on traveling the same countries at the same time as me and would like to join forces??
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 2 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 3 Morocco Questions
- 4 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 5 Botswana in January
- 6 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 7 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 8 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 9 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 10 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 11 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 12 Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017
- 13 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 14 Done with tourist activity/ two fully free solo days
- 15 2 days i n JO'burg
- 16 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA
- 17 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 18 Jnb to Vic Falls cheap
- 19 Zambia HELP!
- 20 Israel in January
- 21 Morocco touring from Agadir
- 22 Imilchil marriage festival 2016 in Morocco
- 23 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 24 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 25 Guidance on Single Supplement Fess