I'm traveling to Zambia beginning of March and staying there until end of April doing my rotations at the hospital.
Beginning of May I'm planning on traveling around south east of Africa for 7 weeks: Malawi, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and finish off with South Africa.
I have traveled around quite a bit, but always with friends. This would be my first solo trip... (maybe not if I find someone nice ^^)..
At first I was quite confident that everything would turn out fine, but I'm starting to wonder..
Do you guys think it's safe to travel around alone as a woman? I have never been to subsaharan Africa..
Even if you guys were to say yes, it's... well, too late, my flights are booked.
But I'd really appreciate if any of you have any advice, etc..
Or maybe some of you are planning on traveling the same countries at the same time as me and would like to join forces??
Traveling alone.. Like to join forces?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Ideas about the trip.
- 2 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 3 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 4 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 5 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 6 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 7 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 8 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 9 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 10 Questions about Chobe
- 11 What camera to use on safari
- 12 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 13 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 14 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 15 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 16 To go to Israel or not?
- 17 Bidair at JNB
- 18 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 19 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 20 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 21 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 22 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 23 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 24 Dubai > Oman?
- 25 Dubai > Seychelles hop