I'm traveling to Zambia beginning of March and staying there until end of April doing my rotations at the hospital.
Beginning of May I'm planning on traveling around south east of Africa for 7 weeks: Malawi, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and finish off with South Africa.
I have traveled around quite a bit, but always with friends. This would be my first solo trip... (maybe not if I find someone nice ^^)..
At first I was quite confident that everything would turn out fine, but I'm starting to wonder..
Do you guys think it's safe to travel around alone as a woman? I have never been to subsaharan Africa..
Even if you guys were to say yes, it's... well, too late, my flights are booked.
But I'd really appreciate if any of you have any advice, etc..
Or maybe some of you are planning on traveling the same countries at the same time as me and would like to join forces??
Traveling alone.. Like to join forces?
- 1 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 2 10 days in south Africa
- 3 Looking for a Petra day tour from Aqaba and driving to Aqaba?
- 4 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 5 Who delivers the best one day tours?
- 6 What about money?
- 7 a week in africa
- 8 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 9 South African tourist visa - applying again after rejection last time
- 10 Trip report Namibia 2011 - A dream in red and green
- 11 Trip report Namibia 2012 - Chilly desert and hot quiver trees
- 12 Accra airport
- 13 Yemen - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- 14 17 days in Israel our way
- 15 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice
- 16 morocco
- 17 1st Time African Safari - Help!
- 18 Israel: excellent tour guide Gideon Abramowitz
- 19 Beyt Al Chai and places to stay in Zanzibar
- 20 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 21 Trip extension from Cape town
- 22 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 23 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 24 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 25 Lets talk cell phones & plans while in Tanzania