I'm traveling to Zambia beginning of March and staying there until end of April doing my rotations at the hospital.
Beginning of May I'm planning on traveling around south east of Africa for 7 weeks: Malawi, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and finish off with South Africa.
I have traveled around quite a bit, but always with friends. This would be my first solo trip... (maybe not if I find someone nice ^^)..
At first I was quite confident that everything would turn out fine, but I'm starting to wonder..
Do you guys think it's safe to travel around alone as a woman? I have never been to subsaharan Africa..
Even if you guys were to say yes, it's... well, too late, my flights are booked.
But I'd really appreciate if any of you have any advice, etc..
Or maybe some of you are planning on traveling the same countries at the same time as me and would like to join forces??
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 2 Anyone have experience with Rothschild Safaris?
- 3 casablanca airport taxis
- 4 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 5 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 6 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 7 Insect Repellent
- 8 Marrakech, Demnate, Essaouira on slow
- 9 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 10 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 11 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 12 Tiberias with kids
- 13 Lion World
- 14 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 15 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 16 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 17 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 18 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 19 Mpumalanga visit
- 20 safe areas to go on safari
- 21 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 22 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 23 Okavango and Kalahari in December
- 24 Victoria Falls
- 25 WOMEN DRIVING IN SA