I'm traveling to Zambia beginning of March and staying there until end of April doing my rotations at the hospital.
Beginning of May I'm planning on traveling around south east of Africa for 7 weeks: Malawi, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and finish off with South Africa.
I have traveled around quite a bit, but always with friends. This would be my first solo trip... (maybe not if I find someone nice ^^)..
At first I was quite confident that everything would turn out fine, but I'm starting to wonder..
Do you guys think it's safe to travel around alone as a woman? I have never been to subsaharan Africa..
Even if you guys were to say yes, it's... well, too late, my flights are booked.
But I'd really appreciate if any of you have any advice, etc..
Or maybe some of you are planning on traveling the same countries at the same time as me and would like to join forces??
Traveling alone.. Like to join forces?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 East Africa summer 2014
- 2 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 3 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 4 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 5 Cape Town Safety?
- 6 first time family safari in August 2014
- 7 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 8 Memory cards for camera
- 9 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 10 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 11 Sabi Sands camps
- 12 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 13 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 14 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 15 Help with Rwanda trip
- 16 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 17 Tel Aviv beaches
- 18 trip report, morocco
- 19 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 20 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 21 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 22 Morocco for 2 nights
- 23 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 24 Hotels in Nairobi
- 25 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)