I'm traveling to Zambia beginning of March and staying there until end of April doing my rotations at the hospital.
Beginning of May I'm planning on traveling around south east of Africa for 7 weeks: Malawi, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and finish off with South Africa.
I have traveled around quite a bit, but always with friends. This would be my first solo trip... (maybe not if I find someone nice ^^)..
At first I was quite confident that everything would turn out fine, but I'm starting to wonder..
Do you guys think it's safe to travel around alone as a woman? I have never been to subsaharan Africa..
Even if you guys were to say yes, it's... well, too late, my flights are booked.
But I'd really appreciate if any of you have any advice, etc..
Or maybe some of you are planning on traveling the same countries at the same time as me and would like to join forces??
Traveling alone.. Like to join forces?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 2 fez accommodation
- 3 Morocco tour guide?
- 4 what kind of phone
- 5 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 6 Need help with N TZ itinerary
- 7 Johannesburg...?
- 8 Travel regulations for children visiting South Africa
- 9 Self-drive safari ideas, but not South Africa
- 10 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 11 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 12 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 13 Train or car from Fes to Marrakech- with kids
- 14 Suggestions for a group tour
- 15 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 16 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 17 Cape Town + Safari and what else?
- 18 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 19 Good online shop for diplomats located in Dubai
- 20 Morocco: Presence of Armed Guards?
- 21 Chimps, Gorillas and Camels- a Tale of Three Countries
- 22 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 23 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 24 Porini Amboseli or Tortelis ?
- 25 Yellow Fever vaccination: Zambia-South Africa