I'm traveling to Zambia beginning of March and staying there until end of April doing my rotations at the hospital.
Beginning of May I'm planning on traveling around south east of Africa for 7 weeks: Malawi, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and finish off with South Africa.
I have traveled around quite a bit, but always with friends. This would be my first solo trip... (maybe not if I find someone nice ^^)..
At first I was quite confident that everything would turn out fine, but I'm starting to wonder..
Do you guys think it's safe to travel around alone as a woman? I have never been to subsaharan Africa..
Even if you guys were to say yes, it's... well, too late, my flights are booked.
But I'd really appreciate if any of you have any advice, etc..
Or maybe some of you are planning on traveling the same countries at the same time as me and would like to join forces??
Traveling alone.. Like to join forces?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Drinking on safari
- 2 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 3 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 4 Shots for Morocco
- 5 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 6 Travelust
- 7 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 8 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 9 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 10 South Africa in February?
- 11 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 12 Thinking about The Gambia
- 13 Independence Day in Israel
- 14 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 15 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 16 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 17 Morroco Travel Guide
- 18 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 19 “Extensive tour around Egypt in 36 Days”
- 20 Help in finding Israel tour guide Moshe Nov
- 21 Best Time to View Big Game in South Africa
- 22 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 23 Kenya safari tour/cost
- 24 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 25 Abu Simbel or Valley of Kings?