I'm traveling to Zambia beginning of March and staying there until end of April doing my rotations at the hospital.
Beginning of May I'm planning on traveling around south east of Africa for 7 weeks: Malawi, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and finish off with South Africa.
I have traveled around quite a bit, but always with friends. This would be my first solo trip... (maybe not if I find someone nice ^^)..
At first I was quite confident that everything would turn out fine, but I'm starting to wonder..
Do you guys think it's safe to travel around alone as a woman? I have never been to subsaharan Africa..
Even if you guys were to say yes, it's... well, too late, my flights are booked.
But I'd really appreciate if any of you have any advice, etc..
Or maybe some of you are planning on traveling the same countries at the same time as me and would like to join forces??
Traveling alone.. Like to join forces?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Overland in West Africa
- 2 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 3 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 4 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 5 Cape Town, Safari + Victoria Falls
- 6 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 7 Morrocco and Cash
- 8 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 9 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 10 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 11 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 12 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 13 South Africa trip advices
- 14 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 15 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 16 Tour to Morocco
- 17 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 18 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 19 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 20 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 21 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 22 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 23 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 24 First time in Africa on safari
- 25 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals