I'm traveling to Zambia beginning of March and staying there until end of April doing my rotations at the hospital.
Beginning of May I'm planning on traveling around south east of Africa for 7 weeks: Malawi, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and finish off with South Africa.
I have traveled around quite a bit, but always with friends. This would be my first solo trip... (maybe not if I find someone nice ^^)..
At first I was quite confident that everything would turn out fine, but I'm starting to wonder..
Do you guys think it's safe to travel around alone as a woman? I have never been to subsaharan Africa..
Even if you guys were to say yes, it's... well, too late, my flights are booked.
But I'd really appreciate if any of you have any advice, etc..
Or maybe some of you are planning on traveling the same countries at the same time as me and would like to join forces??
Traveling alone.. Like to join forces?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 high-quality fake passports, driver's licenses, ID cards.
- 2 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 3 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 4 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 5 botswana, zimbabwe/zambia trip advice
- 6 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 7 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 8 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 9 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 10 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 11 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 12 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 13 Safari on a budget!
- 14 Tips for Israel
- 15 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 16 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 17 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 18 Road To Morocco Tours
- 19 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 20 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 21 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 22 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 23 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 24 Rwanda
- 25 Egypt safe travel