I'm traveling to Zambia beginning of March and staying there until end of April doing my rotations at the hospital.
Beginning of May I'm planning on traveling around south east of Africa for 7 weeks: Malawi, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and finish off with South Africa.
I have traveled around quite a bit, but always with friends. This would be my first solo trip... (maybe not if I find someone nice ^^)..
At first I was quite confident that everything would turn out fine, but I'm starting to wonder..
Do you guys think it's safe to travel around alone as a woman? I have never been to subsaharan Africa..
Even if you guys were to say yes, it's... well, too late, my flights are booked.
But I'd really appreciate if any of you have any advice, etc..
Or maybe some of you are planning on traveling the same countries at the same time as me and would like to join forces??
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Roar Africa reviews
- 2 Moving Around Safari Lodges in Sabi Sands
- 3 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 4 Trip to Rwanda and Congo (Brazzaville)
- 5 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 6 Magnificant Morocco
- 7 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 8 Custom Morocco guide recommendations requested
- 9 Need help with Israel Itinerary
- 10 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 11 Anyone stayed at Mosetlha Camp in Madikwe?
- 12 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 13 Pulse Africa???
- 14 Please help! Sabi Sands or Hluhluwe-imfolozi
- 15 Safari luggage
- 16 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 17 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 18 Morocco Trip Report
- 19 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 20 Car Rentals in Israel
- 21 Walia Tours?
- 22 Kruger
- 23 Recommendaton for Transfer Company
- 24 Cape Town Itinerary
- 25 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?