I'm traveling to Zambia beginning of March and staying there until end of April doing my rotations at the hospital.
Beginning of May I'm planning on traveling around south east of Africa for 7 weeks: Malawi, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and finish off with South Africa.
I have traveled around quite a bit, but always with friends. This would be my first solo trip... (maybe not if I find someone nice ^^)..
At first I was quite confident that everything would turn out fine, but I'm starting to wonder..
Do you guys think it's safe to travel around alone as a woman? I have never been to subsaharan Africa..
Even if you guys were to say yes, it's... well, too late, my flights are booked.
But I'd really appreciate if any of you have any advice, etc..
Or maybe some of you are planning on traveling the same countries at the same time as me and would like to join forces??
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco over Christmas
- 2 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 3 After Botswana ?
- 4 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 5 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 6 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 7 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 8 HELP! 20+ days in Africa - First time ever trip
- 9 Timing for Africa visit
- 10 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 11 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 12 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 13 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 14 Kruger/sabi sands reserve Vs. Botswana
- 15 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 16 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 17 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 18 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 19 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 20 DOHA LAYOVER
- 21 Morocco Questions
- 22 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 23 Botswana safari recs
- 24 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 25 Safe to Travel to Morocco