I'm traveling to Zambia beginning of March and staying there until end of April doing my rotations at the hospital.
Beginning of May I'm planning on traveling around south east of Africa for 7 weeks: Malawi, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and finish off with South Africa.
I have traveled around quite a bit, but always with friends. This would be my first solo trip... (maybe not if I find someone nice ^^)..
At first I was quite confident that everything would turn out fine, but I'm starting to wonder..
Do you guys think it's safe to travel around alone as a woman? I have never been to subsaharan Africa..
Even if you guys were to say yes, it's... well, too late, my flights are booked.
But I'd really appreciate if any of you have any advice, etc..
Or maybe some of you are planning on traveling the same countries at the same time as me and would like to join forces??
Traveling alone.. Like to join forces?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 2 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 3 Safari on a budget!
- 4 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 5 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 6 Tips for Israel
- 7 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 8 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 9 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 10 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 11 Road To Morocco Tours
- 12 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 13 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 14 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 15 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 16 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 17 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 18 Rwanda
- 19 Egypt safe travel
- 20 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 21 Zambia Impressions
- 22 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 23 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 24 Dubai trip
- 25 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!