As I recently travelled to Dubai for a couple of months, and this city is quite filled with nice places to have a drink, chill or party, I wanted to share my top 5 bars and of course wanted to know yours so that I could expand my "database" next time I go there:
- 360 --> Jumeirah Beach Hotel https://www.jumeirah.com/en/hotels-resorts/dubai/jumeirah-beach-hotel/restaurants/360/
For me, the best place in town, at the tip of the Jumeirah Beach Hotel private pier.. It's not big but still is crowded (in a good way most of the time), the outside part is perfect to enjoy Dubai by night (even though it's not high) and the cool breeze of the sea. The music is also really good as the resident DJs are playing non-commercial tunes (finally a city where you won't have Pitbull's annoying voice in your head all night long).
- Siddharta Lounge --> Grosvenor House http://www.grosvenorhouse-dubai.com/en/gallery/siddharta-lounge-by-buddha-bar
The most chilled out rooftop bar, with awesome music (linked to Buddha Bar in the same hotel) and food. There are two zones, I enjoy the outside most either next to the swimming pool or on the Marina side. Most of the outside seatings are on the steps that were made for it. It is quite comfortable and nice to hang out for a date as it is low lights. You can also enjoy their shishas (but i guess it's hard to find a place without shishas) which are really tasty.
- The Dek on 8 --> Media One Hotel http://dining.mediaonehotel.com/Outlet.aspx?oId=2&t=THE-DEK-on-8
One more "rooftop" bar, next to the swimming pool. There's not much view and i guess less people than the other bars listed but still an awesome place to hang out after work with friends. Drinks are varied and good. The waitresses are usually gorgeous and friendly. It's relaxing to go there if you wanna avoid the crowds. The music is similar to 360, a mix of heavy and lighter tunes.
- Nasimi Beach --> Atlantis The Palm http://www.nasimibeach.com/
Awesome location right on the private beach of the Atlantis The Palm, with a amazing view on the city's skyline. Open day and night. Different prices for "seats" depending on where you want to seat (long chairs, sofas, beds). The music goes from live "local" artists to chilled-out pop or electro music during the day. They often organise special parties every month, with world's top DJs often coming to perform. The atmosphere is really enjoyable and the restaurant serves easy but quality food.
- The Observatory --> Marriott Dubai Marina http://www.observatory.dubaimarriottharbourhotel.com/restaurant/hotels/hotel-information/travel/dxbhr-the-observatory-dubai-marriott-harbour-hotel/
Last but not least, the Observatory at the top of Marriott. No outside area but it looks more like a cigar bar in a way. The view on the beach is amazing and the food is great (how many places in the world would offer a grilled camembert?). Good afterwork atmosphere. Definitely a place to check out.
So that is my personal opinion, there are way more really nice places to visit but these are the ones that marked me the most.
Feel free to share yours, after all that's what this thread is about..
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 US : NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 NORTON MAIL 24*7
- 2 Safari Game Drives & Conservancy/Park Fees
- 3 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 4 FABULOUS trip! Wanted to share recommendations
- 5 Uganda Currency Exchange
- 6 Safari suggestions
- 7 Visiting Tanzania, Must DO list
- 8 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 9 Travel to Cairo in July
- 10 Targin into Zambia
- 11 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 12 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 13 Medical Precautions for Zambia
- 14 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 15 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 16 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 17 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 18 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 19 Passport question for International flight
- 20 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 21 Tour operator near me
- 22 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 23 Sim card mainly for data
- 24 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 25 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?