I am starting another thread to ask fellow Fodorites what are they tipping on tours within Egypt and Jordan these days? I am taking a 16 day tour to both countries along with a 4 day/3 night cruise and am curious as to what most of you have paid for your tours in relation to guides being on the boat,etc.Do you tip at the beginnning or at the end? And to whom? I know that tipping is part of their existence over there but want to know a fair and reasonable tip for bell hops,maids,guides,tour drivers,etc. Thanks!
Tipping in Egypt and Jordan
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dubai and Bangkok
- 2 Taking SA rental car into Zimbabwe and/or Botswana
- 3 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 4 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 5 Hotels in Nairobi
- 6 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 7 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 8 Remote Rivers Tours-Madagascar
- 9 Morocco in April 2014
- 10 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 11 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 12 Uganda Travel Planning
- 13 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 14 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 15 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 16 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 17 Green Season Safari Questions
- 18 Novice Safari question
- 19 Quick question about Kenya..
- 20 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 21 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 22 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 23 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 24 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 25 Saudi Arabia and Oman?