I am starting another thread to ask fellow Fodorites what are they tipping on tours within Egypt and Jordan these days? I am taking a 16 day tour to both countries along with a 4 day/3 night cruise and am curious as to what most of you have paid for your tours in relation to guides being on the boat,etc.Do you tip at the beginnning or at the end? And to whom? I know that tipping is part of their existence over there but want to know a fair and reasonable tip for bell hops,maids,guides,tour drivers,etc. Thanks!
Tipping in Egypt and Jordan
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 2 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 3 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 4 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 5 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 6 Tour to Morocco
- 7 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 8 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 9 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 10 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 11 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 12 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 13 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 14 Electronics to travel with
- 15 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 16 Uganda again
- 17 November at victoria falls
- 18 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 19 Best tour guides in Jerusalem
- 20 Climb Kilimanjaro advice
- 21 NEVER travel with Grande Navi Veloci
- 22 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 23 Royal Jordanian or El Al: For Tel Aviv with Petra Side-trip
- 24 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra
- 25 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area