I am starting another thread to ask fellow Fodorites what are they tipping on tours within Egypt and Jordan these days? I am taking a 16 day tour to both countries along with a 4 day/3 night cruise and am curious as to what most of you have paid for your tours in relation to guides being on the boat,etc.Do you tip at the beginnning or at the end? And to whom? I know that tipping is part of their existence over there but want to know a fair and reasonable tip for bell hops,maids,guides,tour drivers,etc. Thanks!
Tipping in Egypt and Jordan
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 morocco - weather in sept.
- 2 Egypt, Israel and Jordan safety concerns.
- 3 To go to Israel or not?
- 4 Duty Free Syd-J'burg-Cape Town
- 5 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!
- 6 Hotels in Tel Aviv & Jerusalem?
- 7 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 8 Hotels in Eilat, Israel
- 9 A place to stop on the way from Jo'burg to Graskop
- 10 Marrakech, Fes and atlas sahara desert trip report
- 11 Mala Mala Luxury Suite or Sabi Sabi Mandleve Presidential Suite?
- 12 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 13 Morocco tour guide?
- 14 Airlines - South Africa Airways and Egypt Air
- 15 Seychelles sailing trip in mid-August. Anyone interested in joining?
- 16 Morocco: Is this a rip-off?
- 17 3 nights Idube Sabi Sands
- 18 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 19 Where, oh where?
- 20 Shindzela tented camp in the Timbavati
- 21 Marrakech in February 2015
- 22 Awesome trip and still not done
- 23 A Brief Visit And A "Giraffe Kiss"
- 24 Morroco Travel Guide
- 25 Tanzania Wildlife Viewing