I will be traveling to Rwanda in June for four days of gorilla trekking. I read where there are rangers, guides, porters, and military escort. Do you tip all of them? What is the suggested tip for each day of gorilla trekking? While on safari in Kenya/Tanzania last summer, the suggested tip for the guide was $7-10/day and the driver received between $5-7/day. I understand that the average wage for a person in Rwanda is around $3/day, so it would seem that the tipping guide for Kenya/Tanzania would be pretty high i you applied it to people in Rwanda. Would appreciate guidelines from anyone who has tracked gorillas in Rwanda and what they found to be appropriate for tipping. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 2 Tel Aviv beaches
- 3 Memory cards for camera
- 4 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 5 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 6 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 7 israel and petra
- 8 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 9 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 10 Israel and Petra
- 11 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 12 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 13 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 14 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 15 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 16 Morocco for 2 nights
- 17 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 18 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 19 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 20 Tanzania Safari
- 21 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 22 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 23 Magnificant Morocco
- 24 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 25 Hotels in Nairobi