I will be traveling to Rwanda in June for four days of gorilla trekking. I read where there are rangers, guides, porters, and military escort. Do you tip all of them? What is the suggested tip for each day of gorilla trekking? While on safari in Kenya/Tanzania last summer, the suggested tip for the guide was $7-10/day and the driver received between $5-7/day. I understand that the average wage for a person in Rwanda is around $3/day, so it would seem that the tipping guide for Kenya/Tanzania would be pretty high i you applied it to people in Rwanda. Would appreciate guidelines from anyone who has tracked gorillas in Rwanda and what they found to be appropriate for tipping. Thank you.
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari Cost Comparison
- 2 Safari and Beach in June
- 3 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 4 My trip to Merzouga (Erg Chebbi) with Sahara Desert Crew ;
- 5 Help! First African safari!!!
- 6 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 7 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 8 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 9 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 10 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 11 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 12 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 13 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 14 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 15 My trip to Egypt .....
- 16 dubai for 5 days
- 17 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 18 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 19 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 20 Bugs n' Botswana
- 21 Group Trip to Israel
- 22 My Trip to Palestine
- 23 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 24 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 25 Being a tourist in Dubai