I will be traveling to Rwanda in June for four days of gorilla trekking. I read where there are rangers, guides, porters, and military escort. Do you tip all of them? What is the suggested tip for each day of gorilla trekking? While on safari in Kenya/Tanzania last summer, the suggested tip for the guide was $7-10/day and the driver received between $5-7/day. I understand that the average wage for a person in Rwanda is around $3/day, so it would seem that the tipping guide for Kenya/Tanzania would be pretty high i you applied it to people in Rwanda. Would appreciate guidelines from anyone who has tracked gorillas in Rwanda and what they found to be appropriate for tipping. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 2 Quick question about Kenya..
- 3 Green Season Safari Questions
- 4 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 5 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 6 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 7 Morocco in April 2014
- 8 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 9 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 10 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 11 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 12 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 13 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 14 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 15 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 16 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 17 Uganda Travel Planning
- 18 Israel and Jordan
- 19 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 20 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 21 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 22 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 23 Northern Circuit tour company
- 24 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 25 Oman Trip Report