I will be traveling to Rwanda in June for four days of gorilla trekking. I read where there are rangers, guides, porters, and military escort. Do you tip all of them? What is the suggested tip for each day of gorilla trekking? While on safari in Kenya/Tanzania last summer, the suggested tip for the guide was $7-10/day and the driver received between $5-7/day. I understand that the average wage for a person in Rwanda is around $3/day, so it would seem that the tipping guide for Kenya/Tanzania would be pretty high i you applied it to people in Rwanda. Would appreciate guidelines from anyone who has tracked gorillas in Rwanda and what they found to be appropriate for tipping. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 2 Morocco for 2 nights
- 3 Looking for out of the way places
- 4 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 5 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 6 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 7 Tanzania Safari
- 8 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 9 Sabi Sands camps
- 10 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 11 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 12 trip report, morocco
- 13 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 14 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 15 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 16 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 17 East Africa summer 2014
- 18 Cape Town Safety?
- 19 first time family safari in August 2014
- 20 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 21 Memory cards for camera
- 22 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 23 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 24 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 25 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports