I just booked our tickets to Egypt in December. We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids 11&13).
We fly into Cairo and our flight back home to Los Angeles is from Luxor.
We've travelled quite a bit all over the world. Our previous trip to the African Continent was to Kenya.
And I did an Israel & Jordan trip a couple of years ago.
I typically plan my own trips but from all the reading I gather that Egypt is best done through an agent. I've sent emails out to Ahmed Yousif and Lady Egypt and Djed travels but haven't heard back from them yet. Meantime I was hoping I can get your advice.
Duration: Not including my travel days I have 13 FULL days in Egypt.
I have no interest in Sharm as we live 15 minutes from the beach and we did the Red sea already from a previous trip to Israel & Jordan.
My absolute MUSTS : 1) Alexandria - would settle for a day trip from Cairo but would love to overnight
2) 2 day/1night trip to the White Desert (would love to camp here overnight)
3) Abu Simbel - Prefer to fly rather than drive
4) Nile Cruise
Since we leave out of Luxor obviously we'd spend atleast 1 or 2 nights there.
Any sensible way to fit all these in without going crazy
Please help! And thank you for reading through all this information!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 2 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 3 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 4 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 5 Mombasa recomendations please
- 6 Private tours in Morocco
- 7 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 8 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 9 First time to Africa-need help!
- 10 How do I know if a company is legit
- 11 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 12 South Africa trip report
- 13 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 14 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 15 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 16 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 17 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 18 Ethiopian security
- 19 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 20 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 21 morocco
- 22 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 23 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 24 Is an Iranian visa a problem when entering Israel?
- 25 Casablanca or Rabat for two night stay