I just booked our tickets to Egypt in December. We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids 11&13).
We fly into Cairo and our flight back home to Los Angeles is from Luxor.
We've travelled quite a bit all over the world. Our previous trip to the African Continent was to Kenya.
And I did an Israel & Jordan trip a couple of years ago.
I typically plan my own trips but from all the reading I gather that Egypt is best done through an agent. I've sent emails out to Ahmed Yousif and Lady Egypt and Djed travels but haven't heard back from them yet. Meantime I was hoping I can get your advice.
Duration: Not including my travel days I have 13 FULL days in Egypt.
I have no interest in Sharm as we live 15 minutes from the beach and we did the Red sea already from a previous trip to Israel & Jordan.
My absolute MUSTS : 1) Alexandria - would settle for a day trip from Cairo but would love to overnight
2) 2 day/1night trip to the White Desert (would love to camp here overnight)
3) Abu Simbel - Prefer to fly rather than drive
4) Nile Cruise
Since we leave out of Luxor obviously we'd spend atleast 1 or 2 nights there.
Any sensible way to fit all these in without going crazy
Please help! And thank you for reading through all this information!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 NK OUTLOOK Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:800:681:7208 OUTLOOK @T
- 2 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 3 Dubai first time
- 4 2 nights in Dubai
- 5 16 hours in Qatar
- 6 Petra from Israel
- 7 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 8 A South African in Lusaka
- 9 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 10 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 11 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 12 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 13 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 14 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 15 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 16 Safari suggestions
- 17 Best places to eat in Egypt?
- 18 Cashgate Scandal Malawi effected my tour ?
- 19 Travel to Africa
- 20 Best SIM card companies for Kenya and Tanzania?
- 21 Kenya/Tanzania
- 22 Beirut/Lebanon for 4 days--What not to miss?
- 23 Complaint: Russell Frankish / Green Bush Pig Safaris
- 24 Just starting to contemplate a safari--pointers please
- 25 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?