I just booked our tickets to Egypt in December. We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids 11&13).
We fly into Cairo and our flight back home to Los Angeles is from Luxor.
We've travelled quite a bit all over the world. Our previous trip to the African Continent was to Kenya.
And I did an Israel & Jordan trip a couple of years ago.
I typically plan my own trips but from all the reading I gather that Egypt is best done through an agent. I've sent emails out to Ahmed Yousif and Lady Egypt and Djed travels but haven't heard back from them yet. Meantime I was hoping I can get your advice.
Duration: Not including my travel days I have 13 FULL days in Egypt.
I have no interest in Sharm as we live 15 minutes from the beach and we did the Red sea already from a previous trip to Israel & Jordan.
My absolute MUSTS : 1) Alexandria - would settle for a day trip from Cairo but would love to overnight
2) 2 day/1night trip to the White Desert (would love to camp here overnight)
3) Abu Simbel - Prefer to fly rather than drive
4) Nile Cruise
Since we leave out of Luxor obviously we'd spend atleast 1 or 2 nights there.
Any sensible way to fit all these in without going crazy
Please help! And thank you for reading through all this information!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.healthynutritionfacts.org/cla-safflower-oil-reviews/
- 2 CAUTION! Do not deal with IRANIANVISA.COM
- 3 Morocco Expert Tours
- 4 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 5 Cradle of Humankind
- 6 Johannesburg...?
- 7 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 8 Luxury train ride
- 9 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 10 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 11 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 12 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 13 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 14 Petra from Israel
- 15 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 16 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 17 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 18 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 19 israel tour
- 20 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 21 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 22 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 23 Safety in Fes
- 24 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 25 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?