I just booked our tickets to Egypt in December. We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids 11&13).
We fly into Cairo and our flight back home to Los Angeles is from Luxor.
We've travelled quite a bit all over the world. Our previous trip to the African Continent was to Kenya.
And I did an Israel & Jordan trip a couple of years ago.
I typically plan my own trips but from all the reading I gather that Egypt is best done through an agent. I've sent emails out to Ahmed Yousif and Lady Egypt and Djed travels but haven't heard back from them yet. Meantime I was hoping I can get your advice.
Duration: Not including my travel days I have 13 FULL days in Egypt.
I have no interest in Sharm as we live 15 minutes from the beach and we did the Red sea already from a previous trip to Israel & Jordan.
My absolute MUSTS : 1) Alexandria - would settle for a day trip from Cairo but would love to overnight
2) 2 day/1night trip to the White Desert (would love to camp here overnight)
3) Abu Simbel - Prefer to fly rather than drive
4) Nile Cruise
Since we leave out of Luxor obviously we'd spend atleast 1 or 2 nights there.
Any sensible way to fit all these in without going crazy
Please help! And thank you for reading through all this information!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Beware of Iran tours with tour operator "Arian Tours" !!
- 2 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 3 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 4 Morocco Trip Report
- 5 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 6 Where to go for lunch and dinner in Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouira
- 7 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 8 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 9 Israel Transportation
- 10 Changing planes at Dubai
- 11 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 12 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 13 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 14 Morocco help
- 15 First trip to Africa
- 16 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 17 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 18 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 19 IRAN
- 20 Money in Uganda
- 21 Uganda Visa
- 22 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 23 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 24 Private Guide for Cairo
- 25 Egypt - Need Help!