I just booked our tickets to Egypt in December. We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids 11&13).
We fly into Cairo and our flight back home to Los Angeles is from Luxor.
We've travelled quite a bit all over the world. Our previous trip to the African Continent was to Kenya.
And I did an Israel & Jordan trip a couple of years ago.
I typically plan my own trips but from all the reading I gather that Egypt is best done through an agent. I've sent emails out to Ahmed Yousif and Lady Egypt and Djed travels but haven't heard back from them yet. Meantime I was hoping I can get your advice.
Duration: Not including my travel days I have 13 FULL days in Egypt.
I have no interest in Sharm as we live 15 minutes from the beach and we did the Red sea already from a previous trip to Israel & Jordan.
My absolute MUSTS : 1) Alexandria - would settle for a day trip from Cairo but would love to overnight
2) 2 day/1night trip to the White Desert (would love to camp here overnight)
3) Abu Simbel - Prefer to fly rather than drive
4) Nile Cruise
Since we leave out of Luxor obviously we'd spend atleast 1 or 2 nights there.
Any sensible way to fit all these in without going crazy
Please help! And thank you for reading through all this information!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Buying merchandise
- 2 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 3 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 4 Egypt January-February 2018
- 5 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 6 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 7 safari for the mobility impaired
- 8 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 9 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 10 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 11 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 12 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 13 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 14 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 15 Dining in Cape Town
- 16 Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?
- 17 Dubai plan
- 18 Best Layover from NY to Cape Town
- 19 Israel with kids in August
- 20 Sterkfontein/ Cradle of Humankind
- 21 Iran in May
- 22 South Africa in June
- 23 Dual Citizenship- Travelling question
- 24 IRAN
- 25 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?