My mother, my cousin, and I will be staying in Jo'berg in mid-October for one night at the Holiday Inn Garden Court at the airport. Do you think we will be safe. All I've heard about Jo'berg are horror stories. If it matters, we're flying out the next day to Namibia to meet our husbands who are on safari. Also, after the safari we will all be going to Cape Town for three days of touring, shopping, etc. Any suggestions for "not so touristy" things to do or places to shop would be appreciated. Thanks for your help and I look forward to hearing from y'all. Incedently if you need any info about Louisiana (New Orleans in particular) feel free to e-mail me.
Three single women in Jo'berg/Cape Town with husbands
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 2 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 3 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 4 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 5 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 6 South Africa trip advices
- 7 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 8 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 9 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 10 First time in Africa on safari
- 11 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 12 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 13 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 14 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 15 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 16 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 17 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 18 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 19 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 20 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014
- 21 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!
- 22 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 23 Binoculars for safari
- 24 South Luangwa Wild Dogs......article in NYTimes
- 25 Tipping