I'm still in the process of looking at my photos but I want to get something down before it all falls right out of my head. I also want to convey my satisfaction with the various operators/outfitters, camps, guides, flights, hotels, waiters, drivers, rangers, friends--and wildlife!--that helped make my trip so gulp-I-can't-believe-this good.
Third safari, third trip to East Africa, first time on safari in Rwanda, first time on safari in Kenya (not first time in Kenya).
First solo trip.
First time traveling with Africa-board friends. (Patty and Mark are great!)
Arrived Nairobi. Two nights Macushla House.
I just reviewed this place on tripadvisor and posted some pics. Review is here:
June 13-June 17
Flew to Kigali on Kenya Airways.
Three nights Kinigi Guest House.
One night Paradis Malahide in Gisenyi on Lake Kivu.
June 17-June 22
Flew back to Nairobi on the 17th, met up with Patty and Mark.
O/n Nairobi Holiday Inn.
Drove to Tsavo East on June 18.
Three nights Ithumba Camp.
Drove to Tsavo West.
One night Finch Hattons.
Flew to the Mara on the morning of the 22nd.
Three nights Kicheche Bush Camp, where, because camp was only half full, I was assigned a private guide and vehicle. Let's hear it for off-season travel!
Last night at Macushla, followed by a.m. flight to AMS.
Two nights in Amsterdam at the Toren.
If you click the links, you might see that my accommodations really ran the gamut. They were all perfect for me and I'll answer questions and give more detail later. I'm okay with upmarket, downmarket, etc., as long as my expectations are met. As my expectations were pretty much in line with what I got--and what I paid--I was very happy everywhere. Of course, it's always nice to be comfortable.
Note: Ithumba Camp, run by the Sheldrick Wildife Trust, is a very special place. If you are an elephant person, you might consider this. Wonderful.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://menintalk.com/testo-max-hd/
- 2 refers to the problem of connecting
- 3 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 4 Cerebral X:-Elevated concentration
- 5 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 6 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 7 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 8 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 9 4 Interesting African Traditional Wedding Customs
- 10 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 11 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 12 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 13 Dubai Guide
- 14 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 15 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 16 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 17 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 18 Loldia House Kenya
- 19 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 20 Alexandria
- 21 kicheche compared to porini
- 22 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 23 Planning Tanzania trip-how many months?
- 24 Chefchaouen Report
- 25 Tracking Gorillas
The Great Gorilla, Elephant and Surprise Migration Tour