I'm still in the process of looking at my photos but I want to get something down before it all falls right out of my head. I also want to convey my satisfaction with the various operators/outfitters, camps, guides, flights, hotels, waiters, drivers, rangers, friends--and wildlife!--that helped make my trip so gulp-I-can't-believe-this good.
Third safari, third trip to East Africa, first time on safari in Rwanda, first time on safari in Kenya (not first time in Kenya).
First solo trip.
First time traveling with Africa-board friends. (Patty and Mark are great!)
Arrived Nairobi. Two nights Macushla House.
I just reviewed this place on tripadvisor and posted some pics. Review is here:
June 13-June 17
Flew to Kigali on Kenya Airways.
Three nights Kinigi Guest House.
One night Paradis Malahide in Gisenyi on Lake Kivu.
June 17-June 22
Flew back to Nairobi on the 17th, met up with Patty and Mark.
O/n Nairobi Holiday Inn.
Drove to Tsavo East on June 18.
Three nights Ithumba Camp.
Drove to Tsavo West.
One night Finch Hattons.
Flew to the Mara on the morning of the 22nd.
Three nights Kicheche Bush Camp, where, because camp was only half full, I was assigned a private guide and vehicle. Let's hear it for off-season travel!
Last night at Macushla, followed by a.m. flight to AMS.
Two nights in Amsterdam at the Toren.
If you click the links, you might see that my accommodations really ran the gamut. They were all perfect for me and I'll answer questions and give more detail later. I'm okay with upmarket, downmarket, etc., as long as my expectations are met. As my expectations were pretty much in line with what I got--and what I paid--I was very happy everywhere. Of course, it's always nice to be comfortable.
Note: Ithumba Camp, run by the Sheldrick Wildife Trust, is a very special place. If you are an elephant person, you might consider this. Wonderful.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 아구찜【QK65。COM】옥수수
- 2 Flight or take a jeep transfer from Nairobi to Masai Mara?
- 3 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 4 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 5 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
- 6 Zanzibar
- 7 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 8 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 9 Trip Report: Leaf Leopards & Stone Lions: Kamping in Kruger
- 10 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 11 Self drive tour south africa
- 12 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 13 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 14 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 15 Duba activities - help deciding
- 16 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 17 Private Guide for Cairo
- 18 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 19 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 20 Texting from US to Israel
- 21 Itinerary Ideas
- 22 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 23 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 24 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 25 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
The Great Gorilla, Elephant and Surprise Migration Tour