I did a search but couldn't pull up what I wanted. Please feel free to direct me to links about this. I love Lynda's packing list but I would never take that much stuff.
On my past two safaris, I carried on a small bag with a few essentials and checked a larger duffel. My traveling companion did the same, and between the two of us we managed to carry on the most important items. This time I will be going solo, so no cross-packing. I'd sort of like to do carry-on only. I'm flying Delta, KLM and KQ: SFO-ATL-AMS-NBO-KGL. And back again. Trip involves time in Rwanda gorilla trekking, maybe a walk in DRC if things are okay, some time in Tsavo, time in the Mara, time in Nairobi, and time in Amsterdam. Not to mention a lot of time in airports.
I'm not a photographer, so I will not have multiple lenses, etc., but I will of course have a not-very-compact super-zoom, batteries, charger, probably some other random stuff like that, binoculars, DEET and sunscreen, and other gear. Plus clothes. What is the minimum I can get away with taking? Am I forgetting anything? And is there anyone who has flown recently who could let me know the carry-on policies? (TigerPhotog?)
I will also be flying to/from the Mara in Kenya, if that makes a difference.
I appreciate any and all advice. I haven't been on safari in several years and seem to have forgotten all crucial information.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 https://nuvieskincareserum.com/zarrah-serum/
- 2 Boost up your mind with Intelleral
- 3 Helps in penis growth and elevates orgasms
- 4 Increases sexual appetite and the blood flow to the penis
- 5 Looking for Holiday Rentals in Dubai
- 6 When is the best time to climb Kilimanjaro?
- 7 St Lucia area & Drakensberg rock art
- 8 Security question for recent visitors to Egypt.
- 9 FABULOUS trip! Wanted to share recommendations
- 10 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 11 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 12 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 13 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 14 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 15 Stonetown versus Shimba Hills
- 16 4h transit dubai visit center ?
- 17 transit facilities for 14 hours in Dubai Terminal 2
- 18 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 19 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 20 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 21 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 22 Cairo International Airport
- 23 Petra from Israel
- 24 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 25 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
The Few, the Proud, the Carry-on Only Safari-goers: How Did You Do It?