I did a search but couldn't pull up what I wanted. Please feel free to direct me to links about this. I love Lynda's packing list but I would never take that much stuff.
On my past two safaris, I carried on a small bag with a few essentials and checked a larger duffel. My traveling companion did the same, and between the two of us we managed to carry on the most important items. This time I will be going solo, so no cross-packing. I'd sort of like to do carry-on only. I'm flying Delta, KLM and KQ: SFO-ATL-AMS-NBO-KGL. And back again. Trip involves time in Rwanda gorilla trekking, maybe a walk in DRC if things are okay, some time in Tsavo, time in the Mara, time in Nairobi, and time in Amsterdam. Not to mention a lot of time in airports.
I'm not a photographer, so I will not have multiple lenses, etc., but I will of course have a not-very-compact super-zoom, batteries, charger, probably some other random stuff like that, binoculars, DEET and sunscreen, and other gear. Plus clothes. What is the minimum I can get away with taking? Am I forgetting anything? And is there anyone who has flown recently who could let me know the carry-on policies? (TigerPhotog?)
I will also be flying to/from the Mara in Kenya, if that makes a difference.
I appreciate any and all advice. I haven't been on safari in several years and seem to have forgotten all crucial information.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 2 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 3 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 4 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 5 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 6 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 7 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 8 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 9 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 10 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 11 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 12 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 13 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 14 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 15 Buying merchandise
- 16 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 17 Egypt January-February 2018
- 18 safari for the mobility impaired
- 19 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 20 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 21 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 22 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 23 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 24 Dining in Cape Town
- 25 Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?
The Few, the Proud, the Carry-on Only Safari-goers: How Did You Do It?