I did a search but couldn't pull up what I wanted. Please feel free to direct me to links about this. I love Lynda's packing list but I would never take that much stuff.
On my past two safaris, I carried on a small bag with a few essentials and checked a larger duffel. My traveling companion did the same, and between the two of us we managed to carry on the most important items. This time I will be going solo, so no cross-packing. I'd sort of like to do carry-on only. I'm flying Delta, KLM and KQ: SFO-ATL-AMS-NBO-KGL. And back again. Trip involves time in Rwanda gorilla trekking, maybe a walk in DRC if things are okay, some time in Tsavo, time in the Mara, time in Nairobi, and time in Amsterdam. Not to mention a lot of time in airports.
I'm not a photographer, so I will not have multiple lenses, etc., but I will of course have a not-very-compact super-zoom, batteries, charger, probably some other random stuff like that, binoculars, DEET and sunscreen, and other gear. Plus clothes. What is the minimum I can get away with taking? Am I forgetting anything? And is there anyone who has flown recently who could let me know the carry-on policies? (TigerPhotog?)
I will also be flying to/from the Mara in Kenya, if that makes a difference.
I appreciate any and all advice. I haven't been on safari in several years and seem to have forgotten all crucial information.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.findfitnessidea.com/nitrobuild-plus/
- 2 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 3 Botswana safari recs
- 4 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 5 What Ethiopians Drink and Eat
- 6 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 7 Morocco Questions
- 8 Top Five Must-see Places in Addis Ababa
- 9 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 10 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 11 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 12 Botswana in January
- 13 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 14 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 15 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 16 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 17 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 18 Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017
- 19 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 20 Done with tourist activity/ two fully free solo days
- 21 2 days i n JO'burg
- 22 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA
- 23 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 24 Jnb to Vic Falls cheap
- 25 Zambia HELP!
The Few, the Proud, the Carry-on Only Safari-goers: How Did You Do It?