I did a search but couldn't pull up what I wanted. Please feel free to direct me to links about this. I love Lynda's packing list but I would never take that much stuff.
On my past two safaris, I carried on a small bag with a few essentials and checked a larger duffel. My traveling companion did the same, and between the two of us we managed to carry on the most important items. This time I will be going solo, so no cross-packing. I'd sort of like to do carry-on only. I'm flying Delta, KLM and KQ: SFO-ATL-AMS-NBO-KGL. And back again. Trip involves time in Rwanda gorilla trekking, maybe a walk in DRC if things are okay, some time in Tsavo, time in the Mara, time in Nairobi, and time in Amsterdam. Not to mention a lot of time in airports.
I'm not a photographer, so I will not have multiple lenses, etc., but I will of course have a not-very-compact super-zoom, batteries, charger, probably some other random stuff like that, binoculars, DEET and sunscreen, and other gear. Plus clothes. What is the minimum I can get away with taking? Am I forgetting anything? And is there anyone who has flown recently who could let me know the carry-on policies? (TigerPhotog?)
I will also be flying to/from the Mara in Kenya, if that makes a difference.
I appreciate any and all advice. I haven't been on safari in several years and seem to have forgotten all crucial information.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 2 Morocco vs Turkey
- 3 Dual Citizenship- Travelling question
- 4 Affidavit document for sole parent traveling to SA with child
- 5 Two Nights in Tangiers
- 6 Nairobi, where to stay
- 7 Widerness Lodges
- 8 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 9 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 10 Help plan African Safari
- 11 Trip Insurance for Africa Trip
- 12 Help planning a first safari on a budget?
- 13 Tipping on Safari
- 14 Cape Town
- 15 THE PANORAMA ROUTE
- 16 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 17 Cape Town -safety
- 18 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 19 SA itin review
- 20 Botswana safari in late November
- 21 Ferry to Morocco
- 22 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 23 Dubai (DXB) - New Business Lounges
- 24 Morocco 8 nights Dec trip ideas
- 25 Aug 17 Botswana itinerary help
The Few, the Proud, the Carry-on Only Safari-goers: How Did You Do It?