I did a search but couldn't pull up what I wanted. Please feel free to direct me to links about this. I love Lynda's packing list but I would never take that much stuff.
On my past two safaris, I carried on a small bag with a few essentials and checked a larger duffel. My traveling companion did the same, and between the two of us we managed to carry on the most important items. This time I will be going solo, so no cross-packing. I'd sort of like to do carry-on only. I'm flying Delta, KLM and KQ: SFO-ATL-AMS-NBO-KGL. And back again. Trip involves time in Rwanda gorilla trekking, maybe a walk in DRC if things are okay, some time in Tsavo, time in the Mara, time in Nairobi, and time in Amsterdam. Not to mention a lot of time in airports.
I'm not a photographer, so I will not have multiple lenses, etc., but I will of course have a not-very-compact super-zoom, batteries, charger, probably some other random stuff like that, binoculars, DEET and sunscreen, and other gear. Plus clothes. What is the minimum I can get away with taking? Am I forgetting anything? And is there anyone who has flown recently who could let me know the carry-on policies? (TigerPhotog?)
I will also be flying to/from the Mara in Kenya, if that makes a difference.
I appreciate any and all advice. I haven't been on safari in several years and seem to have forgotten all crucial information.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 2 Beware: Ewamanns Safaris is a scam!
- 3 South African Cities
- 4 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 5 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 6 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 7 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 8 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 9 Help with bags
- 10 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 11 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 12 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 13 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 14 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 15 where to go in africa
- 16 Israeli Tour Guides
- 17 Shopping in Morocco
- 18 Need 2-3 others to join Serengeti safari January 9-15, 2017
- 19 Weekend trip to a Middle Eastern City
- 20 HELP! 20+ days in Africa - First time ever trip
- 21 Tanzanian Safari, trip report
- 22 Chimps, Gorillas and Camels- a Tale of Three Countries
- 23 car hire from La Possession
- 24 Yellow Fever, visiting Tanzania
- 25 Short 3 nights in Morocco
The Few, the Proud, the Carry-on Only Safari-goers: How Did You Do It?