Africa & the Middle East Forums

Post New Topic

Recent Activity

View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
  1. 1 http://amazfitpace.com/platinum-light-teeth/
  2. 2 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
  3. 3 Flight or take a jeep transfer from Nairobi to Masai Mara?
  4. 4 Zanzibar
  5. 5 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
  6. 6 Trip Report 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
  7. 7 Itinerary Help - South Africa
  8. 8 Trip Report Trip Report: Leaf Leopards & Stone Lions: Kamping in Kruger
  9. 9 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
  10. 10 Self drive tour south africa
  11. 11 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
  12. 12 Trip Report Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
  13. 13 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
  14. 14 Duba activities - help deciding
  15. 15 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
  16. 16 Private Guide for Cairo
  17. 17 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
  18. 18 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
  19. 19 Texting from US to Israel
  20. 20 Itinerary Ideas
  21. 21 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
  22. 22 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
  23. 23 recommendations for first Africa safari?
  24. 24 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
  25. 25 Trip Report first family kenyan safari trip report
View next 25 » Back to the top

Terrorism, Ebola - no more please

Jump to last reply

11 years ago we had our trip to China cancelled by the tour company because of Sars. We went 6 months later and had a fabulous time. Now I have a trip to Kenya planned for November. Non refundable deposit already paid. I got over the terrorism attack fears and was excited about the Kenya game drive trip. Now it's Ebola. I know it's not in Kenya but will it come? Who knows? My family does not want me to go. And really, who wants to bring back Ebola to Thanksgiving dinner (I'm doing the cooking)

Final deposit is due in September. To pay or not to pay? The travel insurance at this time has no provisions for Ebola fear cancellation unless the tour company cancels. I would be out $3500 if I chickened out. And yes, I've looked at a map and know Ebola is on the other side of the continent, but darn that evening news. It's scaring the heck out of me.

Anyone else out there having these second thoughts. Tell me I'm not alone............

26 Replies |Back to top

Sign in to comment.

Advertisement