I am a college student graduating this May with a degree in English and journalism and I am really interested in teaching English abroad next year. I want to go to a country where I could learn a language that would be helpful once I returned to the states. This is why Morocco, in particular, is appealing to me. French and Arabic would be so useful to learn (even if it's just a little bit). I have also always wanted to go there, anyway. Would teaching English in either Rabat or Marrakech be safe? Are there even a good amount of jobs for English teachers? If so, what do employers look for? Lastly, is certification necessary (as in TESOL or TEFL certification to teach English as a second language)?
If anyone could help me with questions, I would be so grateful! Hope to hear from you soon.
Teaching English in Morocco
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Hotels in Nairobi
- 2 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 3 Uganda Travel Planning
- 4 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 5 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 6 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 7 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 8 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 9 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 10 Green Season Safari Questions
- 11 Novice Safari question
- 12 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 13 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 14 Quick question about Kenya..
- 15 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 16 Morocco in April 2014
- 17 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 18 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 19 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 20 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 21 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 22 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 23 Israel and Jordan
- 24 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 25 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant