I am a college student graduating this May with a degree in English and journalism and I am really interested in teaching English abroad next year. I want to go to a country where I could learn a language that would be helpful once I returned to the states. This is why Morocco, in particular, is appealing to me. French and Arabic would be so useful to learn (even if it's just a little bit). I have also always wanted to go there, anyway. Would teaching English in either Rabat or Marrakech be safe? Are there even a good amount of jobs for English teachers? If so, what do employers look for? Lastly, is certification necessary (as in TESOL or TEFL certification to teach English as a second language)?
If anyone could help me with questions, I would be so grateful! Hope to hear from you soon.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 2 Private Guide for Cairo
- 3 Egypt - Need Help!
- 4 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 5 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 6 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 7 Morocco help
- 8 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 9 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 10 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 11 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 12 First trip to Africa
- 13 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 14 Uganda Visa
- 15 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 16 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 17 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 18 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 19 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 20 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 21 Need feedback on my itinerary
- 22 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 23 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 24 Calculating Conservancy Fees - Kenya's Mara North
- 25 Fes or Marrakech?