I am a college student graduating this May with a degree in English and journalism and I am really interested in teaching English abroad next year. I want to go to a country where I could learn a language that would be helpful once I returned to the states. This is why Morocco, in particular, is appealing to me. French and Arabic would be so useful to learn (even if it's just a little bit). I have also always wanted to go there, anyway. Would teaching English in either Rabat or Marrakech be safe? Are there even a good amount of jobs for English teachers? If so, what do employers look for? Lastly, is certification necessary (as in TESOL or TEFL certification to teach English as a second language)?
If anyone could help me with questions, I would be so grateful! Hope to hear from you soon.
Teaching English in Morocco
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 2 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 3 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 4 Safari on a budget!
- 5 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 6 Tips for Israel
- 7 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 8 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 9 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 10 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 11 Road To Morocco Tours
- 12 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 13 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 14 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 15 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 16 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 17 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 18 Rwanda
- 19 Egypt safe travel
- 20 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 21 Zambia Impressions
- 22 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 23 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 24 Dubai trip
- 25 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!