I am a college student graduating this May with a degree in English and journalism and I am really interested in teaching English abroad next year. I want to go to a country where I could learn a language that would be helpful once I returned to the states. This is why Morocco, in particular, is appealing to me. French and Arabic would be so useful to learn (even if it's just a little bit). I have also always wanted to go there, anyway. Would teaching English in either Rabat or Marrakech be safe? Are there even a good amount of jobs for English teachers? If so, what do employers look for? Lastly, is certification necessary (as in TESOL or TEFL certification to teach English as a second language)?
If anyone could help me with questions, I would be so grateful! Hope to hear from you soon.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Keranique Hybrid
- 2 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 3 South Africa trip report
- 4 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 5 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 6 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 7 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 8 Mombasa recomendations please
- 9 Private tours in Morocco
- 10 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 11 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 12 First time to Africa-need help!
- 13 How do I know if a company is legit
- 14 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 15 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 16 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 17 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 18 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 19 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 20 Ethiopian security
- 21 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 22 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 23 morocco
- 24 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 25 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit