I am planning a Safari in mid April (15th onwards) in Serengeti + Ngorongoro with my kids (7 to 17 years old) and I am a bit concerned about the weather.
I know this is not the best time of the year but I am sure not all is bad, anyway would love to have comments from people who really are in the know and who live there, know it by heart or have been there at this time of the year!
Here are my questions:
. What temperature should we expect during the day and in the night?
. According to your experience and specially considering the last 3 to 5 years how much rain shall we expect?
. Does it rain every day or only now and then? And is it like a 30 minutes strong tropical rain or more like a 3 hour mild rain?
It would be great to know in advance to be prepared (although it is never certain of course).
Thank you so much,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 2 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 3 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
- 4 Trip Report: Leaf Leopards & Stone Lions: Kamping in Kruger
- 5 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 6 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 7 Self drive tour south africa
- 8 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 9 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 10 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 11 Duba activities - help deciding
- 12 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 13 Private Guide for Cairo
- 14 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 15 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 16 Texting from US to Israel
- 17 Itinerary Ideas
- 18 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 19 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 20 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 21 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 22 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 23 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 24 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 25 Passport pages stuck together