I am planning a Safari in mid April (15th onwards) in Serengeti + Ngorongoro with my kids (7 to 17 years old) and I am a bit concerned about the weather.
I know this is not the best time of the year but I am sure not all is bad, anyway would love to have comments from people who really are in the know and who live there, know it by heart or have been there at this time of the year!
Here are my questions:
. What temperature should we expect during the day and in the night?
. According to your experience and specially considering the last 3 to 5 years how much rain shall we expect?
. Does it rain every day or only now and then? And is it like a 30 minutes strong tropical rain or more like a 3 hour mild rain?
It would be great to know in advance to be prepared (although it is never certain of course).
Thank you so much,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 each this sort of quintessential
- 2 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 3 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 4 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 5 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 6 Mpumalanga visit
- 7 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 8 safe areas to go on safari
- 9 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 10 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 11 Okavango and Kalahari in December
- 12 Lion World
- 13 Victoria Falls
- 14 WOMEN DRIVING IN SA
- 15 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 16 2015: South Africa for a fortnight
- 17 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 18 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 19 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 20 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 21 Migration in Tanzania/Kenya - September
- 22 Trip to Kenya - Nov 26-Dec 9
- 23 Kruger park
- 24 Casablanca arrival -alternative first night stay
- 25 Have itinerary -- need an agency