I am planning a Safari in mid April (15th onwards) in Serengeti + Ngorongoro with my kids (7 to 17 years old) and I am a bit concerned about the weather.
I know this is not the best time of the year but I am sure not all is bad, anyway would love to have comments from people who really are in the know and who live there, know it by heart or have been there at this time of the year!
Here are my questions:
. What temperature should we expect during the day and in the night?
. According to your experience and specially considering the last 3 to 5 years how much rain shall we expect?
. Does it rain every day or only now and then? And is it like a 30 minutes strong tropical rain or more like a 3 hour mild rain?
It would be great to know in advance to be prepared (although it is never certain of course).
Thank you so much,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 2 Isreal
- 3 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 4 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 5 Binocular rentals
- 6 Namibia: any suggestion for a 3 weeks self drive roundtrip?
- 7 Marrakech
- 8 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 9 Dead Sea day trip
- 10 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 11 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 12 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 13 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 14 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 15 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 16 Itinerary Ideas
- 17 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 18 Travel to Botswana
- 19 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 20 Loldia House Kenya
- 21 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 22 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 23 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 24 several short safaris vs one longer one
- 25 How many Days for the Okavango Delta