I find this thread fascinating.
Four of us are planning a 21 day safari in the northern circuit with a 4x4 with roof tents in Jan/Feb. We have done this kind of thing before in Namibia and Botswana.
We hope to include Lake Natron and wonder if we can drive in a circle arriving at Lake Natron from Arusha and leaving going NW back into the Serengeti perhaps via Lobo camp. Are there other top places we could stop at? We are looking for wildlife of all kinds ( birds, plants, spiders to elephants) but also the remote wilderness as well.
What would your suggestions be for a route and places to stop?
So far we've been unable to find a good detailed road map. Which one would you suggest we get?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 2 Uganda Trip Report
- 3 Money in Uganda
- 4 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 5 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 6 VISA for Mozambique
- 7 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 8 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 9 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 10 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 11 Best African Safari
- 12 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 13 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 14 beach visit after safari
- 15 Petra Wadi Rum
- 16 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 17 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 18 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 19 What is worth seeing in November?
- 20 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 21 Israeli Tour Guides
- 22 Masai Mara in May
- 23 Western Desert Itinerary
- 24 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 25 luggage for a weird itinerary