We are planning a safari in Northern Tanzania in middle of May 2017 and could use your collective expertise and knowledge in planning what we hope will be a trip of a lifetime. This will be our first trip to Tanzania and hope to see a part of the migration. We have contacted a few trip operators and are currently considering the following itinerary:
Day 1: JRO to Arusha (African Tulip)
Day 2: Arusha to Tarangire (Maramboi Tented Lodge)
Day 3: Tarangire to Serengeti National Park (Kubukubu tented camp)
Day 4: Serengeti National Park (Kubukubu tented camp)
Day 5: Serengeti National Park ( Kubukubu tented camp)
Day 6: Serengeti National Park to Western Corridor (Mbalageti Safari Lodge tented chalet)
Day 7: Western Corridor (Mbalageti Safari Lodge tented chalet)
Day 8: Western Corridor to Ngorogoro Conservation Area (Ngorogoro Sopa Lodge)
Day 9: drive back to Arusha for a noon international flight
For budgetary reasons, we are considering reducing one day (if we do, where would you cut?).
A few questions.
1. Is this a balanced itinerary? Any changes you would make? For mid to late May, would you stay in the Western Corridor and go to Grumeti River? Would you consider Ntudu during this time?
2. What do you think of the lodges/camps individually and are they well balanced as a group? If not, where would you rather stay at this time of the year in comparatively priced camps?
3. Another itinerary has us doing Lake Manyara, but we read that during this time, Lake Manyara and Tarangire may not be at their best. Would you omit both and add this time elsewhere?
Looking forward to your thoughts and thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 2 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 3 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 4 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 5 Best African Safari
- 6 VISA for Mozambique
- 7 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 8 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 9 beach visit after safari
- 10 Petra Wadi Rum
- 11 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 12 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 13 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 14 What is worth seeing in November?
- 15 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 16 Israeli Tour Guides
- 17 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 18 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 19 Masai Mara in May
- 20 Western Desert Itinerary
- 21 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 22 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 23 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 24 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 25 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen