We are planning a safari in Northern Tanzania in middle of May 2017 and could use your collective expertise and knowledge in planning what we hope will be a trip of a lifetime. This will be our first trip to Tanzania and hope to see a part of the migration. We have contacted a few trip operators and are currently considering the following itinerary:
Day 1: JRO to Arusha (African Tulip)
Day 2: Arusha to Tarangire (Maramboi Tented Lodge)
Day 3: Tarangire to Serengeti National Park (Kubukubu tented camp)
Day 4: Serengeti National Park (Kubukubu tented camp)
Day 5: Serengeti National Park ( Kubukubu tented camp)
Day 6: Serengeti National Park to Western Corridor (Mbalageti Safari Lodge tented chalet)
Day 7: Western Corridor (Mbalageti Safari Lodge tented chalet)
Day 8: Western Corridor to Ngorogoro Conservation Area (Ngorogoro Sopa Lodge)
Day 9: drive back to Arusha for a noon international flight
For budgetary reasons, we are considering reducing one day (if we do, where would you cut?).
A few questions.
1. Is this a balanced itinerary? Any changes you would make? For mid to late May, would you stay in the Western Corridor and go to Grumeti River? Would you consider Ntudu during this time?
2. What do you think of the lodges/camps individually and are they well balanced as a group? If not, where would you rather stay at this time of the year in comparatively priced camps?
3. Another itinerary has us doing Lake Manyara, but we read that during this time, Lake Manyara and Tarangire may not be at their best. Would you omit both and add this time elsewhere?
Looking forward to your thoughts and thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Namibia: any suggestion for a 3 weeks self drive roundtrip?
- 2 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 3 Marrakech
- 4 Binocular rentals
- 5 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 6 Dead Sea day trip
- 7 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 8 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 9 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 10 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 11 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 12 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 13 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 14 Itinerary Ideas
- 15 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 16 Travel to Botswana
- 17 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 18 Loldia House Kenya
- 19 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 20 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 21 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 22 several short safaris vs one longer one
- 23 How many Days for the Okavango Delta
- 24 Recommendations for busy coastal resorts in the Canaries
- 25 Restaurant in Cape Town