We are planning a safari in Northern Tanzania in middle of May 2017 and could use your collective expertise and knowledge in planning what we hope will be a trip of a lifetime. This will be our first trip to Tanzania and hope to see a part of the migration. We have contacted a few trip operators and are currently considering the following itinerary:
Day 1: JRO to Arusha (African Tulip)
Day 2: Arusha to Tarangire (Maramboi Tented Lodge)
Day 3: Tarangire to Serengeti National Park (Kubukubu tented camp)
Day 4: Serengeti National Park (Kubukubu tented camp)
Day 5: Serengeti National Park ( Kubukubu tented camp)
Day 6: Serengeti National Park to Western Corridor (Mbalageti Safari Lodge tented chalet)
Day 7: Western Corridor (Mbalageti Safari Lodge tented chalet)
Day 8: Western Corridor to Ngorogoro Conservation Area (Ngorogoro Sopa Lodge)
Day 9: drive back to Arusha for a noon international flight
For budgetary reasons, we are considering reducing one day (if we do, where would you cut?).
A few questions.
1. Is this a balanced itinerary? Any changes you would make? For mid to late May, would you stay in the Western Corridor and go to Grumeti River? Would you consider Ntudu during this time?
2. What do you think of the lodges/camps individually and are they well balanced as a group? If not, where would you rather stay at this time of the year in comparatively priced camps?
3. Another itinerary has us doing Lake Manyara, but we read that during this time, Lake Manyara and Tarangire may not be at their best. Would you omit both and add this time elsewhere?
Looking forward to your thoughts and thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 2 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 3 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 4 safari for the mobility impaired
- 5 Car Rental Casablanca Aptil
- 6 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 7 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 8 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 9 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 10 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 11 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 12 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 13 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 14 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 15 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 16 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 17 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 18 Buying merchandise
- 19 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 20 Egypt January-February 2018
- 21 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 22 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 23 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 24 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 25 Need a Car in Nassau?