We are planning a safari in Northern Tanzania in middle of May 2017 and could use your collective expertise and knowledge in planning what we hope will be a trip of a lifetime. This will be our first trip to Tanzania and hope to see a part of the migration. We have contacted a few trip operators and are currently considering the following itinerary:
Day 1: JRO to Arusha (African Tulip)
Day 2: Arusha to Tarangire (Maramboi Tented Lodge)
Day 3: Tarangire to Serengeti National Park (Kubukubu tented camp)
Day 4: Serengeti National Park (Kubukubu tented camp)
Day 5: Serengeti National Park ( Kubukubu tented camp)
Day 6: Serengeti National Park to Western Corridor (Mbalageti Safari Lodge tented chalet)
Day 7: Western Corridor (Mbalageti Safari Lodge tented chalet)
Day 8: Western Corridor to Ngorogoro Conservation Area (Ngorogoro Sopa Lodge)
Day 9: drive back to Arusha for a noon international flight
For budgetary reasons, we are considering reducing one day (if we do, where would you cut?).
A few questions.
1. Is this a balanced itinerary? Any changes you would make? For mid to late May, would you stay in the Western Corridor and go to Grumeti River? Would you consider Ntudu during this time?
2. What do you think of the lodges/camps individually and are they well balanced as a group? If not, where would you rather stay at this time of the year in comparatively priced camps?
3. Another itinerary has us doing Lake Manyara, but we read that during this time, Lake Manyara and Tarangire may not be at their best. Would you omit both and add this time elsewhere?
Looking forward to your thoughts and thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.healthyapplechat.com/marvels-nature-garcinia-cambogia/
- 2 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 3 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 4 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 5 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 6 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 7 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 8 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 9 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 10 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 11 Passport pages stuck together
- 12 Self drive tour south africa
- 13 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 14 Tanzania-An organized trip or on our own?
- 15 Flight to italy then To Romani
- 16 Minor Children & Birth Certificates?
- 17 Duba activities - help deciding
- 18 Eilat
- 19 recommendations for AI islands
- 20 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 21 Petra from Israel
- 22 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 23 What makes South Africa unique & different from other places in the world?
- 24 16hours transit at Doha
- 25 Travel with Children to South Africa with Emirates