Just back from snowbird trip and planning next years.
Main destination will be a Tanzania for a safari and beach time.
Many have recommended Roy's Safari so I contacted them and was surprised that the email answer came from A-Way-To Africa Safaris whom I have never heard of. They say they work exclusively with Roy Safari but I also read on this forum that people have worked with African Serendipity as US agent to book Roy's Safaris.
So my question is: Does anyone know of A-Way-To Africa Safaris ?
Should I just disregard and contact Roy Safari again to insist on dealing directly with them ?
Is this a common practice now, to refer inquiries to another company to handle ?
I have to think that I would pay extra to use a USA middleman to book a safari with a Tanzanian company - no ?
I have read some forum posts on Tanzania safari companies, Roys is often mentioned positively as well as Thompsons.
Any comments to assist would be appreciated. Also looking for recommendations on Zanzibar accommodations.
Tanzania Safari Companies
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Overland in West Africa
- 2 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 3 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 4 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 5 Cape Town, Safari + Victoria Falls
- 6 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 7 Morrocco and Cash
- 8 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 9 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 10 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 11 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 12 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 13 South Africa trip advices
- 14 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 15 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 16 Tour to Morocco
- 17 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 18 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 19 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 20 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 21 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 22 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 23 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 24 First time in Africa on safari
- 25 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals