Just back from snowbird trip and planning next years.
Main destination will be a Tanzania for a safari and beach time.
Many have recommended Roy's Safari so I contacted them and was surprised that the email answer came from A-Way-To Africa Safaris whom I have never heard of. They say they work exclusively with Roy Safari but I also read on this forum that people have worked with African Serendipity as US agent to book Roy's Safaris.
So my question is: Does anyone know of A-Way-To Africa Safaris ?
Should I just disregard and contact Roy Safari again to insist on dealing directly with them ?
Is this a common practice now, to refer inquiries to another company to handle ?
I have to think that I would pay extra to use a USA middleman to book a safari with a Tanzanian company - no ?
I have read some forum posts on Tanzania safari companies, Roys is often mentioned positively as well as Thompsons.
Any comments to assist would be appreciated. Also looking for recommendations on Zanzibar accommodations.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 2 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 3 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 4 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 5 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 6 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 7 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 8 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 9 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 10 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 11 Passport pages stuck together
- 12 Self drive tour south africa
- 13 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 14 Tanzania-An organized trip or on our own?
- 15 Flight to italy then To Romani
- 16 Minor Children & Birth Certificates?
- 17 Duba activities - help deciding
- 18 Eilat
- 19 recommendations for AI islands
- 20 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 21 Petra from Israel
- 22 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 23 What makes South Africa unique & different from other places in the world?
- 24 16hours transit at Doha
- 25 Travel with Children to South Africa with Emirates