We are planning our second trip to Africa. The first was 6 years ago to South Africa and we are thrilled to be going again. We have had some trouble booking flights and so our itinerary has needed revising. Our safari is worked around Gorilla trekking in Rwanda on August 29 and 31. We could not get permits for 2 days in a row so guess that we will see the golden monkeys in the between day. Any thoughts on other things to do around the Virunga lodge? We will go from Kigali to Zanzibar on Sept. 1 and leave for Ny on Sept. 4th.Advice on where to stay in Zanzibar or other places?
We will start off in Arusha
Day1-Lamala Mara camp
Day2-Lamala mara camp
Day3-Buffalo Springs camp-Lobo Valley and upper Grumeti woodlands
Day4-Buffalo Springs camp-Has anyone had an experience or heard of this camp??
Day 5-Bilila Luxury Lodge-Central Serengeti
Day 6-Bilila Luxary Lodge
Day 7-Soba Lodge-Ngorongoro Crater
Day 8-Gibbs Farm
Day 9- leave 9:00 flight to Kigali
Day 11- Golden Monkeys
Day 13-leave for Zanzibar
Day 14 and 15 Zanzibar
Day 16 leave for NY
We had to give up Tarangire camp but we could do 1 night at Buffalo springs and add Swala camp -1 night at the end, if you thought this would be a better option
We really want to see the great migration and a river crossing if possible. Any advice on our trip and anything you might offer up is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cairo International Airport
- 2 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 3 Petra from Israel
- 4 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 5 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 6 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 7 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 8 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 9 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 10 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 11 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 12 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 13 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 14 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 15 Dubai Guide
- 16 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 17 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 18 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 19 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 20 Loldia House Kenya
- 21 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 22 Alexandria
- 23 kicheche compared to porini
- 24 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 25 Planning Tanzania trip-how many months?