We are planning our second trip to Africa. The first was 6 years ago to South Africa and we are thrilled to be going again. We have had some trouble booking flights and so our itinerary has needed revising. Our safari is worked around Gorilla trekking in Rwanda on August 29 and 31. We could not get permits for 2 days in a row so guess that we will see the golden monkeys in the between day. Any thoughts on other things to do around the Virunga lodge? We will go from Kigali to Zanzibar on Sept. 1 and leave for Ny on Sept. 4th.Advice on where to stay in Zanzibar or other places?
We will start off in Arusha
Day1-Lamala Mara camp
Day2-Lamala mara camp
Day3-Buffalo Springs camp-Lobo Valley and upper Grumeti woodlands
Day4-Buffalo Springs camp-Has anyone had an experience or heard of this camp??
Day 5-Bilila Luxury Lodge-Central Serengeti
Day 6-Bilila Luxary Lodge
Day 7-Soba Lodge-Ngorongoro Crater
Day 8-Gibbs Farm
Day 9- leave 9:00 flight to Kigali
Day 11- Golden Monkeys
Day 13-leave for Zanzibar
Day 14 and 15 Zanzibar
Day 16 leave for NY
We had to give up Tarangire camp but we could do 1 night at Buffalo springs and add Swala camp -1 night at the end, if you thought this would be a better option
We really want to see the great migration and a river crossing if possible. Any advice on our trip and anything you might offer up is greatly appreciated.
Tanzania, Rwanda and Zanzibar advice
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Green Season Safari Questions
- 2 Novice Safari question
- 3 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 4 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 5 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 6 Quick question about Kenya..
- 7 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 8 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 9 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 10 Morocco in April 2014
- 11 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 12 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 13 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 14 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 15 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 16 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 17 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 18 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 19 Uganda Travel Planning
- 20 Israel and Jordan
- 21 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 22 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 23 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 24 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 25 Northern Circuit tour company