We're having a really hard time deciding between two competing safari trips for our family of 5, kids are 19-24. One is a Thomson "Tanzania Trekking Safari" which utilizes their own camps in the Eastern and Central Serengeti (5 nights total). We would then visit Olduvai Gorge and go to the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater. There are then 3 days of trekking including camping at Empakaai Crater Rim, further hiking to Lake Natron. The other trip is less strenuous and entirely in Kenya. On that trip, we would spend time in the Mara Plains Camp, Laikipia Wilderness Camp . So the big differences are: Kenya vs. Tanzania, Serengeti vs. Masai Mara. Apart from the differences in levels of activity, does anyone have recommendations on one country over another both in terms of animal viewing but also on political stability/safety?
Tanzania or Kenya in early August?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 3-week tour at Egypt
- 2 What is the must do bucketlist on everyone for Kenya in 2015?How safe?
- 3 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 4 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 5 Good reads
- 6 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 7 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 8 South Africa in February?
- 9 Morocco Advice
- 10 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 11 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 12 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 13 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 14 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 15 Beirut
- 16 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 17 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 18 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 19 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 20 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 21 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 22 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 23 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 24 I'm going on safari for free!
- 25 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013