We're having a really hard time deciding between two competing safari trips for our family of 5, kids are 19-24. One is a Thomson "Tanzania Trekking Safari" which utilizes their own camps in the Eastern and Central Serengeti (5 nights total). We would then visit Olduvai Gorge and go to the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater. There are then 3 days of trekking including camping at Empakaai Crater Rim, further hiking to Lake Natron. The other trip is less strenuous and entirely in Kenya. On that trip, we would spend time in the Mara Plains Camp, Laikipia Wilderness Camp . So the big differences are: Kenya vs. Tanzania, Serengeti vs. Masai Mara. Apart from the differences in levels of activity, does anyone have recommendations on one country over another both in terms of animal viewing but also on political stability/safety?
Tanzania or Kenya in early August?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Memory cards for camera
- 2 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 3 israel and petra
- 4 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 5 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 6 Israel and Petra
- 7 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 8 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 9 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 10 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 11 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 12 Morocco for 2 nights
- 13 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 14 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 15 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 16 Tanzania Safari
- 17 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 18 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 19 Magnificant Morocco
- 20 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 21 Hotels in Nairobi
- 22 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco
- 23 World Travel Expert
- 24 maputo beach resorts -- safer this year?
- 25 Deep sea fishing -Seychelles