We're having a really hard time deciding between two competing safari trips for our family of 5, kids are 19-24. One is a Thomson "Tanzania Trekking Safari" which utilizes their own camps in the Eastern and Central Serengeti (5 nights total). We would then visit Olduvai Gorge and go to the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater. There are then 3 days of trekking including camping at Empakaai Crater Rim, further hiking to Lake Natron. The other trip is less strenuous and entirely in Kenya. On that trip, we would spend time in the Mara Plains Camp, Laikipia Wilderness Camp . So the big differences are: Kenya vs. Tanzania, Serengeti vs. Masai Mara. Apart from the differences in levels of activity, does anyone have recommendations on one country over another both in terms of animal viewing but also on political stability/safety?
Tanzania or Kenya in early August?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Outlets to visit at Ramee Palace Hotel Bahrain
- 2 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 3 South Africa in February?
- 4 best camera for semi-novice for safari in tanzania & kenya (nikon p500)
- 5 Where to go after visit to Uganda in late March/early April
- 6 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 7 Riad Saturday Night vs. Riad Dar El Janoub
- 8 Dubai first time
- 9 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 10 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 11 Zambia Impressions
- 12 Taste of Dubai
- 13 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 14 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 15 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 16 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 17 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 18 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 19 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 20 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 21 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 22 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 23 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 24 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 25 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb