We're having a really hard time deciding between two competing safari trips for our family of 5, kids are 19-24. One is a Thomson "Tanzania Trekking Safari" which utilizes their own camps in the Eastern and Central Serengeti (5 nights total). We would then visit Olduvai Gorge and go to the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater. There are then 3 days of trekking including camping at Empakaai Crater Rim, further hiking to Lake Natron. The other trip is less strenuous and entirely in Kenya. On that trip, we would spend time in the Mara Plains Camp, Laikipia Wilderness Camp . So the big differences are: Kenya vs. Tanzania, Serengeti vs. Masai Mara. Apart from the differences in levels of activity, does anyone have recommendations on one country over another both in terms of animal viewing but also on political stability/safety?
Tanzania or Kenya in early August?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Hotels in Nairobi
- 2 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 3 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 4 Uganda Travel Planning
- 5 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 6 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 7 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 8 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 9 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 10 Green Season Safari Questions
- 11 Novice Safari question
- 12 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 13 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 14 Quick question about Kenya..
- 15 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 16 Morocco in April 2014
- 17 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 18 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 19 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 20 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 21 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 22 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 23 Israel and Jordan
- 24 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 25 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant