We had a wonderful time in Tanzania last year.We visited Serengeti,ngorongoro & manyara.
We did a 5 day camping safari.We stayed in good public camp sites,except in Serengeti,,we did not like Nguchiro camp...toilets were horrible.Lucky,our operator had a standby chemical toilet which we end up using & it was flashing.Simba campsite was wonderful.A bull elephant walked in the middle of our tents.We saw lots of wildanimals very close at the simba camp.We loved our camp site in manyara,it has swimming pool and the bar was cool.
In serengeti we saw more than 40 lions.Our guide was a cut above the rest.Our camp crew were wonderful,always pack things on time.Camping tents and equipments were very functional.
sorry l failed to attach photos...very nice ones.
My advise is.. leave early,be cheerful to your crew,dont stay at ikoma area.Enjoy..
Tanzania Budget Camping Safari Report/2007
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari on a budget!
- 2 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 3 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 4 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 5 Tips for Israel
- 6 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 7 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 8 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 9 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 10 Road To Morocco Tours
- 11 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 12 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 13 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 14 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 15 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 16 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 17 Rwanda
- 18 Egypt safe travel
- 19 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 20 Zambia Impressions
- 21 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 22 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 23 Dubai trip
- 24 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!
- 25 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda