I'm very seriously considering an invitation to visit Syria next summer with a friend of mine who has family there. We would be staying with her family in the mountains but traveling around a bit as well. While I know my friend would never put me in harms way, I have to ask: how safe is it for a blonde hair, blue eyed American female to travel there with another female? How will I be perceived? My friend is incredible helpful in explaining the culture and taboos but I still wonder about how the general atmosphere toward Americans. If anyone has been there or has suggestions for me I'd very much appreciate it.
Syria for American caucasians?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco for 2 nights
- 2 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 3 trip report, morocco
- 4 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 5 Memory cards for camera
- 6 Sabi Sands camps
- 7 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 8 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 9 Hotels in Nairobi
- 10 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 11 Rwanda trip report
- 12 Tel Aviv beaches
- 13 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 14 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 15 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 16 israel and petra
- 17 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 18 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 19 Israel and Petra
- 20 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 21 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 22 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 23 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 24 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 25 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?