My husband and I are going to Syria and Jordan in late February for about 9 days and needed some help planning our trip. We arrive at Damascus airport on Feb 18 at 3 am, which is hardly ideal. I was thinking that to maximize our time, it would be great to get a pick-up directly from the airport and head to Palmyra so we can be there early. We can then spend the day touring and spend the night there. Then, visit the ruins the next day again in the morning and then head out. Do you know if something like this would be possible? We would also like to see Aleppo, Damascus and then trek through Wadi Rum for three days to Petra. We leave Amman on Feb 27 at 7:30 am. I realize this is a lot to do in a short time, but would love any thoughts as to how we can plan this, if there are budget tour operators we can use for the trekking and if there is a guide that would do an early pick up at the Damascus airport and then head to Palmyra and give us a tour there. Any thoughts much appreciated!
Syria and Jordan Help
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Help with itinerary
- 2 how can I go to Iran ?
- 3 Chimps, Gorillas and Camels- a Tale of Three Countries
- 4 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 5 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 6 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 7 What to bring as gift from U.S. for Moroccan family?
- 8 5 months in Africa - advice please?
- 9 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 10 2/3 Months in South/East Africa - Itinerary help please?
- 11 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 12 Help with Safari in mid range, Stellenbosch,
- 13 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 14 what kind of phone
- 15 Small group tours in israel
- 16 Where is the Bisotun ?
- 17 Our hectic trek up Kilimanjaro and animal-filled safari in Tanzania!
- 18 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 19 Iran Info, Please
- 20 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 21 Safari on a budget!
- 22 fez accommodation
- 23 Gorilla Trekking with Churchill Safaris
- 24 Egypt safe travel
- 25 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?