My husband and I are going to Syria and Jordan in late February for about 9 days and needed some help planning our trip. We arrive at Damascus airport on Feb 18 at 3 am, which is hardly ideal. I was thinking that to maximize our time, it would be great to get a pick-up directly from the airport and head to Palmyra so we can be there early. We can then spend the day touring and spend the night there. Then, visit the ruins the next day again in the morning and then head out. Do you know if something like this would be possible? We would also like to see Aleppo, Damascus and then trek through Wadi Rum for three days to Petra. We leave Amman on Feb 27 at 7:30 am. I realize this is a lot to do in a short time, but would love any thoughts as to how we can plan this, if there are budget tour operators we can use for the trekking and if there is a guide that would do an early pick up at the Damascus airport and then head to Palmyra and give us a tour there. Any thoughts much appreciated!
Syria and Jordan Help
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 2 River and Tsingy: tour proposed by the best guide Madagascar
- 3 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 4 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 5 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 6 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 7 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 8 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 9 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 10 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 11 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 12 Awesome trip and still not done
- 13 South Africa
- 14 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 15 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience
- 16 Private Conservancy Recommendations
- 17 Jordanesert,Rose City, Fabulous views,Unearthly landscapes.
- 18 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 19 Erta Ale volcano in Ethiopia - anybody been there?
- 20 Cultural Tour from Maun?
- 21 Lake Ngami (Bots) - anybody been there lately?
- 22 [UGANDA] Meeting Local People
- 23 [UGANDA] Selected Budget and MidRange Tour Operators.
- 24 Bidair at JNB
- 25 Sole fem traveller guide