My husband and I are going to Syria and Jordan in late February for about 9 days and needed some help planning our trip. We arrive at Damascus airport on Feb 18 at 3 am, which is hardly ideal. I was thinking that to maximize our time, it would be great to get a pick-up directly from the airport and head to Palmyra so we can be there early. We can then spend the day touring and spend the night there. Then, visit the ruins the next day again in the morning and then head out. Do you know if something like this would be possible? We would also like to see Aleppo, Damascus and then trek through Wadi Rum for three days to Petra. We leave Amman on Feb 27 at 7:30 am. I realize this is a lot to do in a short time, but would love any thoughts as to how we can plan this, if there are budget tour operators we can use for the trekking and if there is a guide that would do an early pick up at the Damascus airport and then head to Palmyra and give us a tour there. Any thoughts much appreciated!
Syria and Jordan Help
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 2 Morroco Travel Guide
- 3 What a wonderful holiday in Kenya!!
- 4 Side trip from Kigali Rwanda
- 5 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 6 First trip to Africa in December-January
- 7 Tanzania or Kenya in October
- 8 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 9 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 10 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 11 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 12 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 13 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 14 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 15 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 16 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 17 Charity begins at Home!
- 18 Sun Safaris
- 19 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 20 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 21 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 22 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 23 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 24 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 25 Tour to Morocco