My husband and I are going to Syria and Jordan in late February for about 9 days and needed some help planning our trip. We arrive at Damascus airport on Feb 18 at 3 am, which is hardly ideal. I was thinking that to maximize our time, it would be great to get a pick-up directly from the airport and head to Palmyra so we can be there early. We can then spend the day touring and spend the night there. Then, visit the ruins the next day again in the morning and then head out. Do you know if something like this would be possible? We would also like to see Aleppo, Damascus and then trek through Wadi Rum for three days to Petra. We leave Amman on Feb 27 at 7:30 am. I realize this is a lot to do in a short time, but would love any thoughts as to how we can plan this, if there are budget tour operators we can use for the trekking and if there is a guide that would do an early pick up at the Damascus airport and then head to Palmyra and give us a tour there. Any thoughts much appreciated!
Syria and Jordan Help
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 2 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 3 3-week tour at Egypt
- 4 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 5 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 6 Morocco Advice
- 7 Beirut
- 8 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 9 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 10 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 11 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 12 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 13 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 14 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 15 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 16 I'm going on safari for free!
- 17 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 18 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 19 Dubai first time
- 20 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 21 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 22 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 23 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 24 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 25 5 day Seychelles trip in December