My husband and I are going to Syria and Jordan in late February for about 9 days and needed some help planning our trip. We arrive at Damascus airport on Feb 18 at 3 am, which is hardly ideal. I was thinking that to maximize our time, it would be great to get a pick-up directly from the airport and head to Palmyra so we can be there early. We can then spend the day touring and spend the night there. Then, visit the ruins the next day again in the morning and then head out. Do you know if something like this would be possible? We would also like to see Aleppo, Damascus and then trek through Wadi Rum for three days to Petra. We leave Amman on Feb 27 at 7:30 am. I realize this is a lot to do in a short time, but would love any thoughts as to how we can plan this, if there are budget tour operators we can use for the trekking and if there is a guide that would do an early pick up at the Damascus airport and then head to Palmyra and give us a tour there. Any thoughts much appreciated!
Syria and Jordan Help
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 2 My trip to Merzouga (Erg Chebbi) with Sahara Desert Crew ;
- 3 Help! First African safari!!!
- 4 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 5 Safari and Beach in June
- 6 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 7 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 8 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 9 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 10 Safari Cost Comparison
- 11 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 12 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 13 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 14 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 15 My trip to Egypt .....
- 16 dubai for 5 days
- 17 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 18 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 19 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 20 Bugs n' Botswana
- 21 Group Trip to Israel
- 22 My Trip to Palestine
- 23 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 24 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 25 Being a tourist in Dubai