I'm looking for suggestions on where to go for an Indian Ocean trip in June. My first thought was the Maldives but it's monsoon season so I decided against it (the last time I went somplace during monsoon season "it only rains a few hours everyday" turned into 24/7 rain and/or overcast skies and a waste of hard earned money and vacation days). Now I'm considering the Seychelles, Mauritius, or a Tanzania Safari/Zanzibar trip. My main considerations are decently luxurious resorts (it's a special trip), nice beaches, good diving, and enough activity to keep busy without being in a crowded place. I have done a good amount of research but am having trouble making a decision. Any suggestions on destinations, resorts, etc?
Summer 2011 Indian Ocean Trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Car Rentals in Israel
- 2 Morocco to portugal
- 3 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 4 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 5 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 6 Independence Day in Israel
- 7 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 8 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 9 South Africa in February?
- 10 Drinking on safari
- 11 Travelust
- 12 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 13 Shots for Morocco
- 14 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 15 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 16 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 17 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 18 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 19 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 20 Thinking about The Gambia
- 21 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 22 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 23 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 24 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 25 “Extensive tour around Egypt in 36 Days”