I'm looking for suggestions on where to go for an Indian Ocean trip in June. My first thought was the Maldives but it's monsoon season so I decided against it (the last time I went somplace during monsoon season "it only rains a few hours everyday" turned into 24/7 rain and/or overcast skies and a waste of hard earned money and vacation days). Now I'm considering the Seychelles, Mauritius, or a Tanzania Safari/Zanzibar trip. My main considerations are decently luxurious resorts (it's a special trip), nice beaches, good diving, and enough activity to keep busy without being in a crowded place. I have done a good amount of research but am having trouble making a decision. Any suggestions on destinations, resorts, etc?
Summer 2011 Indian Ocean Trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Mt.Kilimanjaro Climbing Safaris
- 2 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 3 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 4 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 5 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 6 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 7 South Africa trip advices
- 8 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 9 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 10 Morrocco and Cash
- 11 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 12 Tour to Morocco
- 13 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 14 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 15 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 16 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 17 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 18 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 19 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 20 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 21 First time in Africa on safari
- 22 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 23 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 24 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 25 Cairo Hotels and Safety