I'm looking for suggestions on where to go for an Indian Ocean trip in June. My first thought was the Maldives but it's monsoon season so I decided against it (the last time I went somplace during monsoon season "it only rains a few hours everyday" turned into 24/7 rain and/or overcast skies and a waste of hard earned money and vacation days). Now I'm considering the Seychelles, Mauritius, or a Tanzania Safari/Zanzibar trip. My main considerations are decently luxurious resorts (it's a special trip), nice beaches, good diving, and enough activity to keep busy without being in a crowded place. I have done a good amount of research but am having trouble making a decision. Any suggestions on destinations, resorts, etc?
Summer 2011 Indian Ocean Trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 What camera to use on safari
- 2 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 3 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 4 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 5 Questions about Chobe
- 6 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 7 Morroco Travel Guide
- 8 India
- 9 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 10 Ideas about the trip.
- 11 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 12 3 days in Teheran
- 13 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 14 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 15 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 16 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 17 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 18 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 19 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 20 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 21 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 22 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 23 To go to Israel or not?
- 24 Bidair at JNB
- 25 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!