My husband and I are planning a 3 week trip to South Africa for February 2012. Our daughter and her fiance will be working at a hospital in Polokwane(near Kruger) for a month and joining us for the last 2 weeks of our trip. We are wondering if anyone has advice on which game reserves would give us the best chance of seeing the big 5 at that time of the year. We will be visiting or near Kruger, Addo Elephant Park, and the Zululand reserves, so would plan a visit to a private reserve at or near any of these. Any suggestions?? We are not luxury people. Prefer as reasonable as possible, but good game viewing and not large groups in our vehicle. We are thinking of going to a couple different places, but would like to hit the best site when we have our daughter and her fiance with us. We will also be spending 3-4 days in Capetown, and side trip to Victoria Falls.
Suggestions planning trip for February of 2012
- 1 17 days in Israel our way
- 2 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 3 What about money?
- 4 Renting a car in Israel
- 5 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice
- 6 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 7 10 days in south Africa
- 8 Looking for a Petra day tour from Aqaba and driving to Aqaba?
- 9 Who delivers the best one day tours?
- 10 a week in africa
- 11 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 12 South African tourist visa - applying again after rejection last time
- 13 Trip report Namibia 2011 - A dream in red and green
- 14 Trip report Namibia 2012 - Chilly desert and hot quiver trees
- 15 Accra airport
- 16 Yemen - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- 17 morocco
- 18 1st Time African Safari - Help!
- 19 Israel: excellent tour guide Gideon Abramowitz
- 20 Beyt Al Chai and places to stay in Zanzibar
- 21 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 22 Trip extension from Cape town
- 23 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 24 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 25 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?