I am looking to travel to Africa this coming February. I am a solo traveler and was thinking of joining a small group tour instead of traveling alone. Mainly to meet people, and stick with them through out the travel rather than meeting new people in each city/place and then parting ways.
I have been looking for group tours and tumbled upon the very popular G Adventures and Explore, the adventure travel experts. It would be great if you could share your experience with either company. I am a little nervous about the yolo/basic/standard style travel, so I was leaning more towards the comfort style. I noticed that Explore is more expensive than G Adventures (both comfort style) and just makes me wonder if one has better accommodation/location that they travel to.
Any other group travel company suggestions are welcome
Also, currently, I am thinking of going to South Africa, is this a good first place to travel in Africa? I am mainly looking to experience great wildlife and culture.
Thank you all
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Death Note: Light Up the New World 2016 On'line HQ
- 2 Tipping...
- 3 Changing planes at Dubai
- 4 Morocco for 9 nights in February
- 5 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 6 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 7 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 8 Morocco Trip Report
- 9 Where to go for lunch and dinner in Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouira
- 10 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 11 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 12 Israel Transportation
- 13 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 14 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 15 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 16 Morocco help
- 17 First trip to Africa
- 18 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 19 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 20 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 21 IRAN
- 22 Money in Uganda
- 23 Uganda Visa
- 24 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 25 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed