This will be our first time in Africa. We are using frequent flier miles on NW/KLM, arriving in Johannesburg the evening of Nov. 15 and departing out of Cape Town the evening of Dec. 1. Our first night will need to be spent at a hotel at the J'burg airport (suggestions for a hotel there under 1000R?) because we land at 9:30 pm. After that we have 15 full days and nights. Our main priority is seeing as much wildlife as possible, and our budget is limited to 1350R/$150 per ROOM per night for accommodations & breakfast ($75 per person), or 1350R/$150 per PERSON per night including all meals and activities such as game drives. We were thinking of renting a car and driving to Kruger and staying at Lower Sabie or Oliphants rest camp for 3 nights, then to either Chitwa Chitwa or Elephant Plains for 3 nights, then somewhere else for 3 nights (Mkuze Falls? Mashatu in Botswana near S.A. border? Suggestions for somewhere else?). Then we were thinking of flying to Port Elizabeth, renting a car, and spending about 3 days driving the Garden Route (maybe with a night at Addo Elephant Park? Suggestions for other accommodations along the garden route with nice views, scenery, wildlife viewing, keeping in mind our budget?). Then finishing with the last 3 days in Cape Town (again, we'd love suggestions for comfortable accommodations with beautiful views in our price range). Will the last week of November be too late to see whales? I would love ideas from some of the Fodorites' South Africa experts (Selwyn, Karen, anyone???). Thanks in advance.
Suggestions for 15-day South Africa itinerary Nov. 2003?
- 1 Currency Exchange in Morocco
- 2 Morocco - private tour operators
- 3 Central v. Northern Serengeti
- 4 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 5 Tanzania in 2014
- 6 When is the best time to visit Israel?
- 7 Cairo Downtown or Giza Area?
- 8 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 9 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 10 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 11 Tangier - A four day city break
- 12 Advice on Porinin camps?
- 13 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 14 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 15 Is now a good time to visit Yemen
- 16 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 17 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 18 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 19 phone service
- 20 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 21 16 Days in Uganda - mountain gorillas and so much more!
- 22 Mosquito repellants whicwork best !!
- 23 Living in Morocco.
- 24 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 25 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.