I've been pouring over Fodors posts for the last couple of weeks trying to make final decisions on an August trip. Everytime I think I've come up with a good plan, I read something else that concerns me!!! We've saved for a long time for this trip and I want to make it right...any thoughts about the following itineray would be greatly appreciated!!
Day 1 Transfer from JNB to Livingstone (3nts. Royal Livingstone)...tour falls, elephant safari, Chobe day trip (is this worth it??)
Day 4 Transfer to Capetown (4 nights at lodging to be decided..any suggestions?) Table mountain, Robbins island, Peninsula tour, Cheetah interaction, etc..)
Day 8 Transfer to Madikwe (4 nights Morukuru lodge)...I've read all the opinions on Madikwe and am wondering if I'm making a mistake. Yet trip advisor reviews rate this very highly. Should I be changing to Sabi Sands??
Day 12 Transfer back to JNB and connect to USA..
We are a family of 4 (2 teenagers, including a wildlife obsessed 14 year old!). I'm even open to skipping Vic Falls if anyone thinks doing Madikwe AND Sabi Sands instead is a better idea.
Thanks for any input!!!
Stressed out on South Africa / Vic Falls Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco in April 2014
- 2 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 3 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 4 Hotels in Nairobi
- 5 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 6 Uganda Travel Planning
- 7 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 8 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 9 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 10 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 11 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 12 Green Season Safari Questions
- 13 Novice Safari question
- 14 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 15 Quick question about Kenya..
- 16 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 17 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 18 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 19 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 20 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 21 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 22 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 23 Israel and Jordan
- 24 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 25 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant