I've been pouring over Fodors posts for the last couple of weeks trying to make final decisions on an August trip. Everytime I think I've come up with a good plan, I read something else that concerns me!!! We've saved for a long time for this trip and I want to make it right...any thoughts about the following itineray would be greatly appreciated!!
Day 1 Transfer from JNB to Livingstone (3nts. Royal Livingstone)...tour falls, elephant safari, Chobe day trip (is this worth it??)
Day 4 Transfer to Capetown (4 nights at lodging to be decided..any suggestions?) Table mountain, Robbins island, Peninsula tour, Cheetah interaction, etc..)
Day 8 Transfer to Madikwe (4 nights Morukuru lodge)...I've read all the opinions on Madikwe and am wondering if I'm making a mistake. Yet trip advisor reviews rate this very highly. Should I be changing to Sabi Sands??
Day 12 Transfer back to JNB and connect to USA..
We are a family of 4 (2 teenagers, including a wildlife obsessed 14 year old!). I'm even open to skipping Vic Falls if anyone thinks doing Madikwe AND Sabi Sands instead is a better idea.
Thanks for any input!!!
Stressed out on South Africa / Vic Falls Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 The African Guide to Balloon Safari
- 2 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 3 Zambia Impressions
- 4 Taste of Dubai
- 5 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 6 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 7 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 8 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 9 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 10 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 11 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 12 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 13 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 14 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 15 Dubai first time
- 16 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 17 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 18 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 19 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 20 Dubai and/or Oman
- 21 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 22 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 23 Morocco Advice
- 24 MOROCCO SOLO
- 25 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015