I've been pouring over Fodors posts for the last couple of weeks trying to make final decisions on an August trip. Everytime I think I've come up with a good plan, I read something else that concerns me!!! We've saved for a long time for this trip and I want to make it right...any thoughts about the following itineray would be greatly appreciated!!
Day 1 Transfer from JNB to Livingstone (3nts. Royal Livingstone)...tour falls, elephant safari, Chobe day trip (is this worth it??)
Day 4 Transfer to Capetown (4 nights at lodging to be decided..any suggestions?) Table mountain, Robbins island, Peninsula tour, Cheetah interaction, etc..)
Day 8 Transfer to Madikwe (4 nights Morukuru lodge)...I've read all the opinions on Madikwe and am wondering if I'm making a mistake. Yet trip advisor reviews rate this very highly. Should I be changing to Sabi Sands??
Day 12 Transfer back to JNB and connect to USA..
We are a family of 4 (2 teenagers, including a wildlife obsessed 14 year old!). I'm even open to skipping Vic Falls if anyone thinks doing Madikwe AND Sabi Sands instead is a better idea.
Thanks for any input!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Roar Africa reviews
- 2 Moving Around Safari Lodges in Sabi Sands
- 3 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 4 Trip to Rwanda and Congo (Brazzaville)
- 5 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 6 Magnificant Morocco
- 7 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 8 Custom Morocco guide recommendations requested
- 9 Need help with Israel Itinerary
- 10 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 11 Anyone stayed at Mosetlha Camp in Madikwe?
- 12 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 13 Pulse Africa???
- 14 Please help! Sabi Sands or Hluhluwe-imfolozi
- 15 Safari luggage
- 16 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 17 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 18 Morocco Trip Report
- 19 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 20 Car Rentals in Israel
- 21 Walia Tours?
- 22 Kruger
- 23 Recommendaton for Transfer Company
- 24 Cape Town Itinerary
- 25 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?