I've been pouring over Fodors posts for the last couple of weeks trying to make final decisions on an August trip. Everytime I think I've come up with a good plan, I read something else that concerns me!!! We've saved for a long time for this trip and I want to make it right...any thoughts about the following itineray would be greatly appreciated!!
Day 1 Transfer from JNB to Livingstone (3nts. Royal Livingstone)...tour falls, elephant safari, Chobe day trip (is this worth it??)
Day 4 Transfer to Capetown (4 nights at lodging to be decided..any suggestions?) Table mountain, Robbins island, Peninsula tour, Cheetah interaction, etc..)
Day 8 Transfer to Madikwe (4 nights Morukuru lodge)...I've read all the opinions on Madikwe and am wondering if I'm making a mistake. Yet trip advisor reviews rate this very highly. Should I be changing to Sabi Sands??
Day 12 Transfer back to JNB and connect to USA..
We are a family of 4 (2 teenagers, including a wildlife obsessed 14 year old!). I'm even open to skipping Vic Falls if anyone thinks doing Madikwe AND Sabi Sands instead is a better idea.
Thanks for any input!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 KODAK PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT KODAK Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Morocco Trip Report
- 3 Current Recs for Driver/Guide in Morocco
- 4 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 5 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 6 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 7 Cape Town & wine country in July? Help...
- 8 11 days Jordan and Israel...need help with planning
- 9 Safety issues driving the Garden Route in South Africa?
- 10 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 11 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 12 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 13 Marrakech
- 14 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 15 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 16 Abu Dhabi overnight stay
- 17 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 18 Audley Travel
- 19 Can "European" plugs be used in South Africa?
- 20 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 21 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 22 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 23 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 24 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 25 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.