I am an American female and will be traveling alone to Nairobi in December, landing at 23:15.
My flight the next morning to Kilimanjaro leaves at 9 a.m. In light of last month's fire, I am wondering if it is possible and if it is SAFE to stay overnight in the Nairobi airport? Is there actually a place to sit and wait?
Also, if I do stay in the airport, will I always be in the secure area or do I need a transit visa? If my understanding is correct, I don't need any visa for my return from Zanzibar to the U.S. because I'll just be connecting through NBO, yes?
Any advice based on the current situation at the airport would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Fes opinion and rates + video
- 2 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 3 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 4 6 Nights in Morocco want the desert.
- 5 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 6 Flooding at Ngamba Island
- 7 Insect Repellent
- 8 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 9 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 10 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 11 Help Us With Our Trip to Morocco
- 12 house exchange
- 13 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 14 casablanca airport taxis
- 15 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 16 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 17 Marrakech, Demnate, Essaouira on slow
- 18 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 19 Tiberias with kids
- 20 Lion World
- 21 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 22 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 23 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 24 Mpumalanga visit
- 25 safe areas to go on safari
Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?