I am an American female and will be traveling alone to Nairobi in December, landing at 23:15.
My flight the next morning to Kilimanjaro leaves at 9 a.m. In light of last month's fire, I am wondering if it is possible and if it is SAFE to stay overnight in the Nairobi airport? Is there actually a place to sit and wait?
Also, if I do stay in the airport, will I always be in the secure area or do I need a transit visa? If my understanding is correct, I don't need any visa for my return from Zanzibar to the U.S. because I'll just be connecting through NBO, yes?
Any advice based on the current situation at the airport would be much appreciated.
Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 2 2/3 Months in South/East Africa - Itinerary help please?
- 3 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 4 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 5 Help with Safari in mid range, Stellenbosch,
- 6 Safari on a budget!
- 7 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 8 What to bring as gift from U.S. for Moroccan family?
- 9 what kind of phone
- 10 Small group tours in israel
- 11 Where is the Bisotun ?
- 12 Our hectic trek up Kilimanjaro and animal-filled safari in Tanzania!
- 13 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 14 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 15 Iran Info, Please
- 16 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 17 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 18 fez accommodation
- 19 Gorilla Trekking with Churchill Safaris
- 20 Egypt safe travel
- 21 Cape Town + Safari and what else?
- 22 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 23 Need help with N TZ itinerary
- 24 Johannesburg...?
- 25 Travel regulations for children visiting South Africa