I am an American female and will be traveling alone to Nairobi in December, landing at 23:15.
My flight the next morning to Kilimanjaro leaves at 9 a.m. In light of last month's fire, I am wondering if it is possible and if it is SAFE to stay overnight in the Nairobi airport? Is there actually a place to sit and wait?
Also, if I do stay in the airport, will I always be in the secure area or do I need a transit visa? If my understanding is correct, I don't need any visa for my return from Zanzibar to the U.S. because I'll just be connecting through NBO, yes?
Any advice based on the current situation at the airport would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 2 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 3 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 4 Cradle of Humankind
- 5 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 6 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 7 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 8 Petra from Israel
- 9 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 10 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 11 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 12 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 13 israel tour
- 14 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 15 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 16 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 17 Luxury train ride
- 18 Safety in Fes
- 19 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 20 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 21 Sim card mainly for data
- 22 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 23 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 24 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 25 Urgent help please for my final itinerary Morocco 10 nights
Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?