I am an American female and will be traveling alone to Nairobi in December, landing at 23:15.
My flight the next morning to Kilimanjaro leaves at 9 a.m. In light of last month's fire, I am wondering if it is possible and if it is SAFE to stay overnight in the Nairobi airport? Is there actually a place to sit and wait?
Also, if I do stay in the airport, will I always be in the secure area or do I need a transit visa? If my understanding is correct, I don't need any visa for my return from Zanzibar to the U.S. because I'll just be connecting through NBO, yes?
Any advice based on the current situation at the airport would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Viator tour company
- 2 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 3 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 4 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 5 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 6 South African Cities
- 7 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 8 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 9 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 10 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 11 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 12 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 13 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 14 where to go in africa
- 15 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 16 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 17 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 18 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 19 Help with bags
- 20 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 21 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 22 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 23 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 24 Israeli Tour Guides
- 25 Shopping in Morocco
Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?