I am an American female and will be traveling alone to Nairobi in December, landing at 23:15.
My flight the next morning to Kilimanjaro leaves at 9 a.m. In light of last month's fire, I am wondering if it is possible and if it is SAFE to stay overnight in the Nairobi airport? Is there actually a place to sit and wait?
Also, if I do stay in the airport, will I always be in the secure area or do I need a transit visa? If my understanding is correct, I don't need any visa for my return from Zanzibar to the U.S. because I'll just be connecting through NBO, yes?
Any advice based on the current situation at the airport would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Need help with Camps Chitabe and Duma Tau
- 2 Can anyone rival Micato Safaris?
- 3 Two Safari questions--one photography and one about gratuities
- 4 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 5 Fabulous tour by Real Egypt
- 6 Beautiful sight of the sunshire
- 7 aggregate the abandoned a lot of Buy Wildstar Gold
- 8 Has anyone shipped goods to Kenya?
- 9 day trip fes to chefchaouen
- 10 Why no mention of the beautuful lion...
- 11 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 12 Best time to visit 2016 -
- 13 Israel itinerary
- 14 Connection Time from the US to CPT from JNB?
- 15 Wondering how much US Dollars to change to Kenyan Shillings?
- 16 Safari photography help
- 17 20 days, Family who loves Adventure, over the Holidays
- 18 Travel within Africa
- 19 Last minute invite to Kenya - need reasonablebSafari tour operators
- 20 Flights to Uganda & Kenya
- 21 Namibia--fly-in or guided drive?
- 22 Can Anyone Say Anything Positive About Ethiopia Air?
- 23 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 24 Tanzania trip Advice
- 25 What company for gorilla trekking?
Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?