I am an American female and will be traveling alone to Nairobi in December, landing at 23:15.
My flight the next morning to Kilimanjaro leaves at 9 a.m. In light of last month's fire, I am wondering if it is possible and if it is SAFE to stay overnight in the Nairobi airport? Is there actually a place to sit and wait?
Also, if I do stay in the airport, will I always be in the secure area or do I need a transit visa? If my understanding is correct, I don't need any visa for my return from Zanzibar to the U.S. because I'll just be connecting through NBO, yes?
Any advice based on the current situation at the airport would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Yom Hazikaron
- 2 Yom Haatzmaut
- 3 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 4 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 5 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 6 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 7 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 8 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 9 recomendation on African Safari company
- 10 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 11 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 12 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 13 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 14 One extra day in Jordan
- 15 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 16 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 17 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 18 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 19 Israel in Late October or November?
- 20 One month in Africa
- 21 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 22 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 23 Travel to Saudi Arabia
- 24 Snorkeling at Diani Beach
- 25 Madagascar - Books
Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?