I am an American female and will be traveling alone to Nairobi in December, landing at 23:15.
My flight the next morning to Kilimanjaro leaves at 9 a.m. In light of last month's fire, I am wondering if it is possible and if it is SAFE to stay overnight in the Nairobi airport? Is there actually a place to sit and wait?
Also, if I do stay in the airport, will I always be in the secure area or do I need a transit visa? If my understanding is correct, I don't need any visa for my return from Zanzibar to the U.S. because I'll just be connecting through NBO, yes?
Any advice based on the current situation at the airport would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 2 St Lucia area & Drakensberg rock art
- 3 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 4 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 5 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 6 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 7 Stonetown versus Shimba Hills
- 8 4h transit dubai visit center ?
- 9 transit facilities for 14 hours in Dubai Terminal 2
- 10 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 11 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 12 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 13 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 14 Cairo International Airport
- 15 Petra from Israel
- 16 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 17 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 18 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 19 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 20 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 21 Dubai Guide
- 22 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 23 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 24 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 25 Bush plane luggage (again)
Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?