I am an American female and will be traveling alone to Nairobi in December, landing at 23:15.
My flight the next morning to Kilimanjaro leaves at 9 a.m. In light of last month's fire, I am wondering if it is possible and if it is SAFE to stay overnight in the Nairobi airport? Is there actually a place to sit and wait?
Also, if I do stay in the airport, will I always be in the secure area or do I need a transit visa? If my understanding is correct, I don't need any visa for my return from Zanzibar to the U.S. because I'll just be connecting through NBO, yes?
Any advice based on the current situation at the airport would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 2 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 3 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 4 Insect Repellent
- 5 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 6 Help Us With Our Trip to Morocco
- 7 Flooding at Ngamba Island
- 8 house exchange
- 9 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 10 casablanca airport taxis
- 11 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 12 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 13 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 14 Marrakech, Demnate, Essaouira on slow
- 15 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 16 Tiberias with kids
- 17 Lion World
- 18 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 19 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 20 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 21 Mpumalanga visit
- 22 safe areas to go on safari
- 23 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 24 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 25 Okavango and Kalahari in December
Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?