I am an American female and will be traveling alone to Nairobi in December, landing at 23:15.
My flight the next morning to Kilimanjaro leaves at 9 a.m. In light of last month's fire, I am wondering if it is possible and if it is SAFE to stay overnight in the Nairobi airport? Is there actually a place to sit and wait?
Also, if I do stay in the airport, will I always be in the secure area or do I need a transit visa? If my understanding is correct, I don't need any visa for my return from Zanzibar to the U.S. because I'll just be connecting through NBO, yes?
Any advice based on the current situation at the airport would be much appreciated.
Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 2 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 3 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 4 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 5 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 6 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 7 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 8 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 9 Safari on a budget!
- 10 Tips for Israel
- 11 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 12 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 13 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 14 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 15 Road To Morocco Tours
- 16 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 17 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 18 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 19 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 20 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 21 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 22 Rwanda
- 23 Egypt safe travel
- 24 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 25 Zambia Impressions