I am an American female and will be traveling alone to Nairobi in December, landing at 23:15.
My flight the next morning to Kilimanjaro leaves at 9 a.m. In light of last month's fire, I am wondering if it is possible and if it is SAFE to stay overnight in the Nairobi airport? Is there actually a place to sit and wait?
Also, if I do stay in the airport, will I always be in the secure area or do I need a transit visa? If my understanding is correct, I don't need any visa for my return from Zanzibar to the U.S. because I'll just be connecting through NBO, yes?
Any advice based on the current situation at the airport would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco for 9 nights in February
- 2 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 3 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 4 participational photo project "Sun aroud the Globe"
- 5 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 6 Morocco Trip Report
- 7 Where to go for lunch and dinner in Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouira
- 8 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 9 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 10 Israel Transportation
- 11 Changing planes at Dubai
- 12 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 13 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 14 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 15 Morocco help
- 16 First trip to Africa
- 17 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 18 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 19 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 20 IRAN
- 21 Money in Uganda
- 22 Uganda Visa
- 23 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 24 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 25 Private Guide for Cairo
Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?