Need your advice regarding the below:
I live in India but have a sibling working in SA. Last year July I applied for a Visitor visa of 1 month to SA (category: Holiday) and got it. I was on a professional break (ie not working) at that time. I had a really really great trip, but due to the vast number of things to see and do in SA, I could not manage to visit all the places I had wanted to.
Since the normal time limit for tourist visa for SA is 3-months and I had only asked for 1 month the first time, and also since I could not visit other places (like Cape Town) on my visit, I applied for another Visitor Visa after 2 months of the first trip (this time the category was mentioned as :Family Visit), in order to avoid having to book hotel accomodation etc since I wouldn't need it (could stay with my sibling). However, my visa this time was rejected with the foll. reasons quoted:
a) that i was currently unemployed
b) that I'd just returned from SA trip
c) that it was unclear why I wanted to go there again
I think maybe my cover letter was not good enough, since I did not mention that I wanted to visit more places that I couldn't on my first trip - I merely mentioned that I wanted to visit my sibling.
Now I am employed, and wish to go for a short 2-week trip to SA with my parents (it is now 6 months since the visa was rejected). I am confused and anxious about how to apply after the last rejection. My parents are senior citizens and don't have any letter of leave as required by the Visitor Visa regulations. Will that matter? Also, should I apply as Family Visit (to save having to book hotel unnecessarily), or is it better to apply as Holiday category (ie will Family Visit category make it more likely for visa to get rejected)?
Sorry for the lengthy post, but would sincerely appreciate any help/advice on this.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 *Q/微信1473277057*办理莫纳什大学毕业证成绩单（真实可查）学历认证 Monash University
- 2 Planned Itinerary and Questions-Morocco, April 2016
- 3 Morocco in October 2015
- 4 Remembering Palmyra
- 5 Morocco - 11 nights - comments on itinerary
- 6 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 7 Morocco Trip Report
- 8 Egypt - December 2008 - Trip Report
- 9 First Trip to Africa
- 10 Short (7 days of less) four/five star level family safari
- 11 Naboisho Camp vs. Governor's Camp
- 12 Cote Divoire the heart of Africa
- 13 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 14 African Safari Without Small Planes!
- 15 Anyone have experience with Rothschild Safaris?
- 16 Umkumbe or Toro Yaka?
- 17 What a great idea!! Make a difference.
- 18 From Downtown Cairo to 10th ramdan city
- 19 Transit visa
- 20 Local Tanzania companies
- 21 Driver from Skukuza Airport to Sabi Sands
- 22 Need itineary planning help
- 23 Israel for 60 year olds
- 24 Dubai Trip Idea
- 25 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
South African tourist visa - applying again after rejection last time