Need your advice regarding the below:
I live in India but have a sibling working in SA. Last year July I applied for a Visitor visa of 1 month to SA (category: Holiday) and got it. I was on a professional break (ie not working) at that time. I had a really really great trip, but due to the vast number of things to see and do in SA, I could not manage to visit all the places I had wanted to.
Since the normal time limit for tourist visa for SA is 3-months and I had only asked for 1 month the first time, and also since I could not visit other places (like Cape Town) on my visit, I applied for another Visitor Visa after 2 months of the first trip (this time the category was mentioned as :Family Visit), in order to avoid having to book hotel accomodation etc since I wouldn't need it (could stay with my sibling). However, my visa this time was rejected with the foll. reasons quoted:
a) that i was currently unemployed
b) that I'd just returned from SA trip
c) that it was unclear why I wanted to go there again
I think maybe my cover letter was not good enough, since I did not mention that I wanted to visit more places that I couldn't on my first trip - I merely mentioned that I wanted to visit my sibling.
Now I am employed, and wish to go for a short 2-week trip to SA with my parents (it is now 6 months since the visa was rejected). I am confused and anxious about how to apply after the last rejection. My parents are senior citizens and don't have any letter of leave as required by the Visitor Visa regulations. Will that matter? Also, should I apply as Family Visit (to save having to book hotel unnecessarily), or is it better to apply as Holiday category (ie will Family Visit category make it more likely for visa to get rejected)?
Sorry for the lengthy post, but would sincerely appreciate any help/advice on this.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 HP printer 1:800:681:7208 installations CONTACT☎ HP TEC*h 24x7
- 2 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 3 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 4 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 5 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 6 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 7 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 8 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 9 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 10 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 11 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 12 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 13 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 14 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 15 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 16 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport
- 17 Sabi Sands areavs Motswari Timbavati area
- 18 Kilimanjaro Tour Operators
- 19 Egypt in 6 days itinerary - please advise
- 20 Going to Israel end of October. Maybe silly, but what shoes to bring?
- 21 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 22 Where are the best safaris in Africa?
- 23 Wilson airport transfer to NBO
- 24 Advice traveling to Morocco as a woman with a child
- 25 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!
South African tourist visa - applying again after rejection last time