Need your advice regarding the below:
I live in India but have a sibling working in SA. Last year July I applied for a Visitor visa of 1 month to SA (category: Holiday) and got it. I was on a professional break (ie not working) at that time. I had a really really great trip, but due to the vast number of things to see and do in SA, I could not manage to visit all the places I had wanted to.
Since the normal time limit for tourist visa for SA is 3-months and I had only asked for 1 month the first time, and also since I could not visit other places (like Cape Town) on my visit, I applied for another Visitor Visa after 2 months of the first trip (this time the category was mentioned as :Family Visit), in order to avoid having to book hotel accomodation etc since I wouldn't need it (could stay with my sibling). However, my visa this time was rejected with the foll. reasons quoted:
a) that i was currently unemployed
b) that I'd just returned from SA trip
c) that it was unclear why I wanted to go there again
I think maybe my cover letter was not good enough, since I did not mention that I wanted to visit more places that I couldn't on my first trip - I merely mentioned that I wanted to visit my sibling.
Now I am employed, and wish to go for a short 2-week trip to SA with my parents (it is now 6 months since the visa was rejected). I am confused and anxious about how to apply after the last rejection. My parents are senior citizens and don't have any letter of leave as required by the Visitor Visa regulations. Will that matter? Also, should I apply as Family Visit (to save having to book hotel unnecessarily), or is it better to apply as Holiday category (ie will Family Visit category make it more likely for visa to get rejected)?
Sorry for the lengthy post, but would sincerely appreciate any help/advice on this.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Washington vs Arizona live Free
- 2 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice Needed - Mid-May 2017
- 3 Trip Report: June, 2016 S. Africa, Zambia and Malawi
- 4 Safari - March 2017 Timbavati vs. Sabi Sands
- 5 Swaziland in January
- 6 Pictures & Trip Report - Self-drive: South Africa & Namibia 2008
- 7 Overnight train from Fez to Marrakesh
- 8 Tanzania Safari with OAT
- 9 what size ll bean adventure duffle for safari
- 10 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 11 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 12 good internet connection option Meknes
- 13 How I survived in Africa Traveling in a primitive African tribe Mursi
- 14 weekend from Joburg - 3rd trip to city
- 15 Egypt - where to buy a cartouche?
- 16 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 17 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 18 Are Detour Africa's safaris good??
- 19 credit cards in South Africa
- 20 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 21 trip to capetown south africa
- 22 Stop over Israel
- 23 Magnificant Morocco
- 24 Where to go for lunch and dinner in Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouira
- 25 Trip to Merzouga
South African tourist visa - applying again after rejection last time