Need your advice regarding the below:
I live in India but have a sibling working in SA. Last year July I applied for a Visitor visa of 1 month to SA (category: Holiday) and got it. I was on a professional break (ie not working) at that time. I had a really really great trip, but due to the vast number of things to see and do in SA, I could not manage to visit all the places I had wanted to.
Since the normal time limit for tourist visa for SA is 3-months and I had only asked for 1 month the first time, and also since I could not visit other places (like Cape Town) on my visit, I applied for another Visitor Visa after 2 months of the first trip (this time the category was mentioned as :Family Visit), in order to avoid having to book hotel accomodation etc since I wouldn't need it (could stay with my sibling). However, my visa this time was rejected with the foll. reasons quoted:
a) that i was currently unemployed
b) that I'd just returned from SA trip
c) that it was unclear why I wanted to go there again
I think maybe my cover letter was not good enough, since I did not mention that I wanted to visit more places that I couldn't on my first trip - I merely mentioned that I wanted to visit my sibling.
Now I am employed, and wish to go for a short 2-week trip to SA with my parents (it is now 6 months since the visa was rejected). I am confused and anxious about how to apply after the last rejection. My parents are senior citizens and don't have any letter of leave as required by the Visitor Visa regulations. Will that matter? Also, should I apply as Family Visit (to save having to book hotel unnecessarily), or is it better to apply as Holiday category (ie will Family Visit category make it more likely for visa to get rejected)?
Sorry for the lengthy post, but would sincerely appreciate any help/advice on this.
South African tourist visa - applying again after rejection last time
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 2 Good reads
- 3 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 4 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 5 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 6 South Africa in February?
- 7 Morocco Advice
- 8 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 9 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 10 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 11 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 12 3-week tour at Egypt
- 13 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 14 Beirut
- 15 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 16 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 17 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 18 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 19 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 20 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 21 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 22 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 23 I'm going on safari for free!
- 24 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 25 Dubai first time