Need your advice regarding the below:
I live in India but have a sibling working in SA. Last year July I applied for a Visitor visa of 1 month to SA (category: Holiday) and got it. I was on a professional break (ie not working) at that time. I had a really really great trip, but due to the vast number of things to see and do in SA, I could not manage to visit all the places I had wanted to.
Since the normal time limit for tourist visa for SA is 3-months and I had only asked for 1 month the first time, and also since I could not visit other places (like Cape Town) on my visit, I applied for another Visitor Visa after 2 months of the first trip (this time the category was mentioned as :Family Visit), in order to avoid having to book hotel accomodation etc since I wouldn't need it (could stay with my sibling). However, my visa this time was rejected with the foll. reasons quoted:
a) that i was currently unemployed
b) that I'd just returned from SA trip
c) that it was unclear why I wanted to go there again
I think maybe my cover letter was not good enough, since I did not mention that I wanted to visit more places that I couldn't on my first trip - I merely mentioned that I wanted to visit my sibling.
Now I am employed, and wish to go for a short 2-week trip to SA with my parents (it is now 6 months since the visa was rejected). I am confused and anxious about how to apply after the last rejection. My parents are senior citizens and don't have any letter of leave as required by the Visitor Visa regulations. Will that matter? Also, should I apply as Family Visit (to save having to book hotel unnecessarily), or is it better to apply as Holiday category (ie will Family Visit category make it more likely for visa to get rejected)?
Sorry for the lengthy post, but would sincerely appreciate any help/advice on this.
South African tourist visa - applying again after rejection last time
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa trip advices
- 2 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 3 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 4 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 5 Morrocco and Cash
- 6 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 7 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 8 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 9 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 10 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 11 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 12 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 13 First time in Africa on safari
- 14 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 15 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 16 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 17 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 18 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 19 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 20 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 21 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 22 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 23 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014
- 24 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!
- 25 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?