Need your advice regarding the below:
I live in India but have a sibling working in SA. Last year July I applied for a Visitor visa of 1 month to SA (category: Holiday) and got it. I was on a professional break (ie not working) at that time. I had a really really great trip, but due to the vast number of things to see and do in SA, I could not manage to visit all the places I had wanted to.
Since the normal time limit for tourist visa for SA is 3-months and I had only asked for 1 month the first time, and also since I could not visit other places (like Cape Town) on my visit, I applied for another Visitor Visa after 2 months of the first trip (this time the category was mentioned as :Family Visit), in order to avoid having to book hotel accomodation etc since I wouldn't need it (could stay with my sibling). However, my visa this time was rejected with the foll. reasons quoted:
a) that i was currently unemployed
b) that I'd just returned from SA trip
c) that it was unclear why I wanted to go there again
I think maybe my cover letter was not good enough, since I did not mention that I wanted to visit more places that I couldn't on my first trip - I merely mentioned that I wanted to visit my sibling.
Now I am employed, and wish to go for a short 2-week trip to SA with my parents (it is now 6 months since the visa was rejected). I am confused and anxious about how to apply after the last rejection. My parents are senior citizens and don't have any letter of leave as required by the Visitor Visa regulations. Will that matter? Also, should I apply as Family Visit (to save having to book hotel unnecessarily), or is it better to apply as Holiday category (ie will Family Visit category make it more likely for visa to get rejected)?
Sorry for the lengthy post, but would sincerely appreciate any help/advice on this.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Q/微2796053907办理英国谢菲尔德大学毕业证成绩单学历认证The University of Sheffield
- 2 Q/微2796053907办理英国谢菲尔德大学毕业证成绩单学历认证The University of Sheffield
- 3 Q/微2796053907办理英国谢菲尔德大学毕业证成绩单学历认证The University of Sheffield
- 4 Q/微2796053907办理英国谢菲尔德大学毕业证成绩单学历认证The University of Sheffield
- 5 Q/微2796053907办理英国谢菲尔德大学毕业证成绩单学历认证The University of Sheffield
- 6 Travel within Africa
- 7 WiFi on Safari
- 8 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 9 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 10 Cape Town - things to do IN THE CITY and where to stay?
- 11 In South Africa, What do Hotels Mean by "Tea and Coffee-making Facilities"?
- 12 Israel itinerary planning
- 13 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 14 Capetown 3-day itinerary?
- 15 My experience of 8 day tour in Morocco
- 16 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 17 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 18 My Tour in Morocco by 4x4
- 19 Kenya: No longer able to get visa on arrival at airport?
- 20 Seal snorkeling - Capetown
- 21 Capetown, Garden Route & Safari
- 22 Luggage Storage Question at O.R. Tambo Int'l Airport
- 23 Hotel at Victoria Falls - suggestions welcome
- 24 Need itineary planning help
- 25 Trip Report April/May 2051 Tanzania Safari
South African tourist visa - applying again after rejection last time