Need your advice regarding the below:
I live in India but have a sibling working in SA. Last year July I applied for a Visitor visa of 1 month to SA (category: Holiday) and got it. I was on a professional break (ie not working) at that time. I had a really really great trip, but due to the vast number of things to see and do in SA, I could not manage to visit all the places I had wanted to.
Since the normal time limit for tourist visa for SA is 3-months and I had only asked for 1 month the first time, and also since I could not visit other places (like Cape Town) on my visit, I applied for another Visitor Visa after 2 months of the first trip (this time the category was mentioned as :Family Visit), in order to avoid having to book hotel accomodation etc since I wouldn't need it (could stay with my sibling). However, my visa this time was rejected with the foll. reasons quoted:
a) that i was currently unemployed
b) that I'd just returned from SA trip
c) that it was unclear why I wanted to go there again
I think maybe my cover letter was not good enough, since I did not mention that I wanted to visit more places that I couldn't on my first trip - I merely mentioned that I wanted to visit my sibling.
Now I am employed, and wish to go for a short 2-week trip to SA with my parents (it is now 6 months since the visa was rejected). I am confused and anxious about how to apply after the last rejection. My parents are senior citizens and don't have any letter of leave as required by the Visitor Visa regulations. Will that matter? Also, should I apply as Family Visit (to save having to book hotel unnecessarily), or is it better to apply as Holiday category (ie will Family Visit category make it more likely for visa to get rejected)?
Sorry for the lengthy post, but would sincerely appreciate any help/advice on this.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 that that is valued on the money. First, it makes use of
- 2 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 3 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 4 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 5 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 6 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 7 Tiberias with kids
- 8 Lion World
- 9 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 10 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 11 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 12 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 13 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 14 Mpumalanga visit
- 15 safe areas to go on safari
- 16 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 17 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 18 Okavango and Kalahari in December
- 19 Victoria Falls
- 20 WOMEN DRIVING IN SA
- 21 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 22 2015: South Africa for a fortnight
- 23 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 24 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 25 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
South African tourist visa - applying again after rejection last time