So I am planning on studying in Cape Town next spring and have a couple of questions for the visa ill need, first I am going to be studying at UCT from mid january to mid june and then directly following I will be doing a 6 week unpaid internship for academic credit
Will a student visa cover this? I would be in South Africa from mid january to late july
also would I be able to enter SA before my program officially starts because I will have overlap where I will need to be there before
Lastly, how long do these Visas last and how early can I apply? I will be studying in Spain that fall so I will be leaving the USA in early september and not returning until after my time in Cape Town, could I apply for the visa at the end of the summer and provide them with the dates?
I really need help figuring this out thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Flight or take a jeep transfer from Nairobi to Masai Mara?
- 2 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 3 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 4 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
- 5 Zanzibar
- 6 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 7 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 8 Trip Report: Leaf Leopards & Stone Lions: Kamping in Kruger
- 9 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 10 Self drive tour south africa
- 11 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 12 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 13 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 14 Duba activities - help deciding
- 15 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 16 Private Guide for Cairo
- 17 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 18 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 19 Texting from US to Israel
- 20 Itinerary Ideas
- 21 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 22 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 23 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 24 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 25 first family kenyan safari trip report