We will be traveling to South Africa in March 2013 for 2 weeks. The first part of our trip will be in Cape Town for approximately 5 days where we plan on doing various day trips. The last part or our trip will be a Safari in Kruger Park and then ending in Johanesburg before flying home. Can anyone suggest a good area to go to for a few days during the middle of our trip? We do not want to move from place to place too often. We would like to stay in an area that is centrally located to good shopping, wine tours, scenic parks, fishing etc. We will not have a vehicle and will most likely be looking to do day tours. We do not want to drive while in South Africa but are looking into the possibilty of having a car and driver. Can anyone recommend an agency that could provide transportation? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
South Africa Itineray Suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Car Rentals in Israel
- 2 Independence Day in Israel
- 3 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 4 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 5 South Africa in February?
- 6 Drinking on safari
- 7 Travelust
- 8 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 9 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 10 Shots for Morocco
- 11 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 12 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 13 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 14 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 15 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 16 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 17 Thinking about The Gambia
- 18 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 19 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 20 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 21 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 22 “Extensive tour around Egypt in 36 Days”
- 23 Help in finding Israel tour guide Moshe Nov
- 24 Best Time to View Big Game in South Africa
- 25 Kenya safari tour/cost