We are taking a trip starting at Cape Town and ending at Windhoek in Namibia. Here is the itinerary:
Day 1-3 Cape Town
Day 4 Lambert's Bay
Day 5 Gariep River
Day 6 Fish River Canyon/Seeheim Area
Day 7-8 Namib Desert
Day 9-10 Swakopmund
Day 11 Otjiwarongo
Day 12-13 Etosha National Park
Day 14 Windhoek
Day 15 Depart Windhoek (B)
My question is on weather. We are planning on flying in to Cape Town on September 12th and our trip ends on September 26th in Windhoek.
This seems like we are taking a chance with Cape Town but since the bulk of our trip is throughout Namibia this is the way to go. I was worried if we went later than this Etosha wouldn't be as good and weather might be really hot in the interior of Namibia. Also I can get a good deal on airfare with these dates compared to many other combinations I've tried later into Sept/Oct.
Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
South Africa and Namibia in mid/end of September Weather
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 SATURDAYS IN JERUSALEM
- 2 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 3 trip report, morocco
- 4 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 5 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 6 Help needed with itinerary for 2 weeks in Morocco
- 7 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 8 Kirawira vs. Serengeti Serena
- 9 Anyone had to disembark the aircraft in Dakar enroute to Jo'burg?
- 10 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 11 Morocco for 2 nights
- 12 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 13 MOROCCO SOLO
- 14 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 15 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 16 Looking for out of the way places
- 17 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 18 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 19 Tanzania Safari
- 20 Sabi Sands camps
- 21 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 22 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 23 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 24 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 25 East Africa summer 2014