We are taking a trip starting at Cape Town and ending at Windhoek in Namibia. Here is the itinerary:
Day 1-3 Cape Town
Day 4 Lambert's Bay
Day 5 Gariep River
Day 6 Fish River Canyon/Seeheim Area
Day 7-8 Namib Desert
Day 9-10 Swakopmund
Day 11 Otjiwarongo
Day 12-13 Etosha National Park
Day 14 Windhoek
Day 15 Depart Windhoek (B)
My question is on weather. We are planning on flying in to Cape Town on September 12th and our trip ends on September 26th in Windhoek.
This seems like we are taking a chance with Cape Town but since the bulk of our trip is throughout Namibia this is the way to go. I was worried if we went later than this Etosha wouldn't be as good and weather might be really hot in the interior of Namibia. Also I can get a good deal on airfare with these dates compared to many other combinations I've tried later into Sept/Oct.
Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
South Africa and Namibia in mid/end of September Weather
- 1 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 2 Help! First African safari!!!
- 3 My trip to Egypt .....
- 4 Safari Cost Comparison
- 5 dubai for 5 days
- 6 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 7 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 8 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 9 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 10 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 11 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 12 Bugs n' Botswana
- 13 Group Trip to Israel
- 14 My Trip to Palestine
- 15 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 16 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 17 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 18 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 19 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 20 Safari and Beach in June
- 21 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 22 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 23 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 24 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 25 Homestay Accomodation