We are taking a trip starting at Cape Town and ending at Windhoek in Namibia. Here is the itinerary:
Day 1-3 Cape Town
Day 4 Lambert's Bay
Day 5 Gariep River
Day 6 Fish River Canyon/Seeheim Area
Day 7-8 Namib Desert
Day 9-10 Swakopmund
Day 11 Otjiwarongo
Day 12-13 Etosha National Park
Day 14 Windhoek
Day 15 Depart Windhoek (B)
My question is on weather. We are planning on flying in to Cape Town on September 12th and our trip ends on September 26th in Windhoek.
This seems like we are taking a chance with Cape Town but since the bulk of our trip is throughout Namibia this is the way to go. I was worried if we went later than this Etosha wouldn't be as good and weather might be really hot in the interior of Namibia. Also I can get a good deal on airfare with these dates compared to many other combinations I've tried later into Sept/Oct.
Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Packing for safari in South Africa (summer)
- 2 Travelling to Atlas mountains
- 3 Tanzania - first trip - many questions.
- 4 Namibia Itinerary
- 5 name issue
- 6 Israel for 10 days
- 7 First safari- what to wear? Gifts for locals?
- 8 Rental Car Rabat Airport
- 9 14-16 day visit to South Africa
- 10 experiences with African travel Resource
- 11 3 days in Jo'Burg
- 12 Madagascar suggestions
- 13 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 14 First time in Southafrica - Suggested itinerary
- 15 Seven day solo trip to Morocco
- 16 East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya
- 17 4 weeks in South Africa ideas
- 18 only private conservancies or can i add in a national park
- 19 Single traveler
- 20 Should I visit Vamizi Island again?
- 21 Liquids Restrictions - South Africa to Zimbabwe
- 22 Morocco & Spain with Kidos!
- 23 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 24 My Magical Southern African Photography Safari: A Trip Report
- 25 morocco help please