We are taking a trip starting at Cape Town and ending at Windhoek in Namibia. Here is the itinerary:
Day 1-3 Cape Town
Day 4 Lambert's Bay
Day 5 Gariep River
Day 6 Fish River Canyon/Seeheim Area
Day 7-8 Namib Desert
Day 9-10 Swakopmund
Day 11 Otjiwarongo
Day 12-13 Etosha National Park
Day 14 Windhoek
Day 15 Depart Windhoek (B)
My question is on weather. We are planning on flying in to Cape Town on September 12th and our trip ends on September 26th in Windhoek.
This seems like we are taking a chance with Cape Town but since the bulk of our trip is throughout Namibia this is the way to go. I was worried if we went later than this Etosha wouldn't be as good and weather might be really hot in the interior of Namibia. Also I can get a good deal on airfare with these dates compared to many other combinations I've tried later into Sept/Oct.
Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 2 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 3 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 4 safari for the mobility impaired
- 5 Car Rental Casablanca Aptil
- 6 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 7 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 8 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 9 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 10 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 11 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 12 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 13 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 14 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 15 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 16 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 17 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 18 Buying merchandise
- 19 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 20 Egypt January-February 2018
- 21 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 22 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 23 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 24 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 25 Need a Car in Nassau?