We are taking a trip starting at Cape Town and ending at Windhoek in Namibia. Here is the itinerary:
Day 1-3 Cape Town
Day 4 Lambert's Bay
Day 5 Gariep River
Day 6 Fish River Canyon/Seeheim Area
Day 7-8 Namib Desert
Day 9-10 Swakopmund
Day 11 Otjiwarongo
Day 12-13 Etosha National Park
Day 14 Windhoek
Day 15 Depart Windhoek (B)
My question is on weather. We are planning on flying in to Cape Town on September 12th and our trip ends on September 26th in Windhoek.
This seems like we are taking a chance with Cape Town but since the bulk of our trip is throughout Namibia this is the way to go. I was worried if we went later than this Etosha wouldn't be as good and weather might be really hot in the interior of Namibia. Also I can get a good deal on airfare with these dates compared to many other combinations I've tried later into Sept/Oct.
Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 2 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 3 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 4 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 5 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 6 Alexandria
- 7 Dubai in 36 hours
- 8 good internet connection option Meknes
- 9 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 10 South Africa trip report
- 11 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 12 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 13 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 14 Mombasa recomendations please
- 15 Private tours in Morocco
- 16 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 17 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 18 First time to Africa-need help!
- 19 How do I know if a company is legit
- 20 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 21 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 22 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 23 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 24 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 25 Kenyan Safari Spending Money