We are taking a trip starting at Cape Town and ending at Windhoek in Namibia. Here is the itinerary:
Day 1-3 Cape Town
Day 4 Lambert's Bay
Day 5 Gariep River
Day 6 Fish River Canyon/Seeheim Area
Day 7-8 Namib Desert
Day 9-10 Swakopmund
Day 11 Otjiwarongo
Day 12-13 Etosha National Park
Day 14 Windhoek
Day 15 Depart Windhoek (B)
My question is on weather. We are planning on flying in to Cape Town on September 12th and our trip ends on September 26th in Windhoek.
This seems like we are taking a chance with Cape Town but since the bulk of our trip is throughout Namibia this is the way to go. I was worried if we went later than this Etosha wouldn't be as good and weather might be really hot in the interior of Namibia. Also I can get a good deal on airfare with these dates compared to many other combinations I've tried later into Sept/Oct.
Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 full~HD.watch The Walking Dead©
- 2 Best African Safari
- 3 Petra Wadi Rum
- 4 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 5 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 6 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 7 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 8 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 9 What is worth seeing in November?
- 10 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 11 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 12 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 13 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 14 Israeli Tour Guides
- 15 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 16 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 17 Masai Mara in May
- 18 Western Desert Itinerary
- 19 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 20 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 21 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 22 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 23 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 24 Trip to Merzouga
- 25 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park