We are taking a trip starting at Cape Town and ending at Windhoek in Namibia. Here is the itinerary:
Day 1-3 Cape Town
Day 4 Lambert's Bay
Day 5 Gariep River
Day 6 Fish River Canyon/Seeheim Area
Day 7-8 Namib Desert
Day 9-10 Swakopmund
Day 11 Otjiwarongo
Day 12-13 Etosha National Park
Day 14 Windhoek
Day 15 Depart Windhoek (B)
My question is on weather. We are planning on flying in to Cape Town on September 12th and our trip ends on September 26th in Windhoek.
This seems like we are taking a chance with Cape Town but since the bulk of our trip is throughout Namibia this is the way to go. I was worried if we went later than this Etosha wouldn't be as good and weather might be really hot in the interior of Namibia. Also I can get a good deal on airfare with these dates compared to many other combinations I've tried later into Sept/Oct.
Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dead Sea day trip
- 2 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 3 Marrakech
- 4 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 5 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 6 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 7 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 8 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 9 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 10 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 11 Itinerary Ideas
- 12 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 13 Travel to Botswana
- 14 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 15 Loldia House Kenya
- 16 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 17 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 18 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 19 several short safaris vs one longer one
- 20 How many Days for the Okavango Delta
- 21 Recommendations for busy coastal resorts in the Canaries
- 22 Restaurant in Cape Town
- 23 7 Days Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
- 24 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 25 Using US Dollars in Israel ?