We are taking a trip starting at Cape Town and ending at Windhoek in Namibia. Here is the itinerary:
Day 1-3 Cape Town
Day 4 Lambert's Bay
Day 5 Gariep River
Day 6 Fish River Canyon/Seeheim Area
Day 7-8 Namib Desert
Day 9-10 Swakopmund
Day 11 Otjiwarongo
Day 12-13 Etosha National Park
Day 14 Windhoek
Day 15 Depart Windhoek (B)
My question is on weather. We are planning on flying in to Cape Town on September 12th and our trip ends on September 26th in Windhoek.
This seems like we are taking a chance with Cape Town but since the bulk of our trip is throughout Namibia this is the way to go. I was worried if we went later than this Etosha wouldn't be as good and weather might be really hot in the interior of Namibia. Also I can get a good deal on airfare with these dates compared to many other combinations I've tried later into Sept/Oct.
Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 2 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 3 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 4 honeymoon place
- 5 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 6 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 7 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 8 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 9 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 10 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 11 Yom Hazikaron
- 12 Yom Haatzmaut
- 13 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 14 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 15 recomendation on African Safari company
- 16 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 17 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 18 One extra day in Jordan
- 19 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 20 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 21 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 22 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 23 Israel in Late October or November?
- 24 One month in Africa
- 25 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda