We are taking a trip starting at Cape Town and ending at Windhoek in Namibia. Here is the itinerary:
Day 1-3 Cape Town
Day 4 Lambert's Bay
Day 5 Gariep River
Day 6 Fish River Canyon/Seeheim Area
Day 7-8 Namib Desert
Day 9-10 Swakopmund
Day 11 Otjiwarongo
Day 12-13 Etosha National Park
Day 14 Windhoek
Day 15 Depart Windhoek (B)
My question is on weather. We are planning on flying in to Cape Town on September 12th and our trip ends on September 26th in Windhoek.
This seems like we are taking a chance with Cape Town but since the bulk of our trip is throughout Namibia this is the way to go. I was worried if we went later than this Etosha wouldn't be as good and weather might be really hot in the interior of Namibia. Also I can get a good deal on airfare with these dates compared to many other combinations I've tried later into Sept/Oct.
Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
South Africa and Namibia in mid/end of September Weather
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Quick question about Kenya..
- 2 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 3 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 4 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 5 Green Season Safari Questions
- 6 Morocco in April 2014
- 7 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 8 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 9 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 10 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 11 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 12 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 13 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 14 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 15 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 16 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 17 Uganda Travel Planning
- 18 Israel and Jordan
- 19 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 20 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 21 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 22 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 23 Northern Circuit tour company
- 24 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 25 Oman Trip Report