We are taking a trip starting at Cape Town and ending at Windhoek in Namibia. Here is the itinerary:
Day 1-3 Cape Town
Day 4 Lambert's Bay
Day 5 Gariep River
Day 6 Fish River Canyon/Seeheim Area
Day 7-8 Namib Desert
Day 9-10 Swakopmund
Day 11 Otjiwarongo
Day 12-13 Etosha National Park
Day 14 Windhoek
Day 15 Depart Windhoek (B)
My question is on weather. We are planning on flying in to Cape Town on September 12th and our trip ends on September 26th in Windhoek.
This seems like we are taking a chance with Cape Town but since the bulk of our trip is throughout Namibia this is the way to go. I was worried if we went later than this Etosha wouldn't be as good and weather might be really hot in the interior of Namibia. Also I can get a good deal on airfare with these dates compared to many other combinations I've tried later into Sept/Oct.
Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 2 http://isscamreview.com/tanaka-cargill-group-scam/
- 3 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 4 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 5 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 6 Help with bags
- 7 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 8 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 9 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 10 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 11 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 12 where to go in africa
- 13 Israeli Tour Guides
- 14 Shopping in Morocco
- 15 Need 2-3 others to join Serengeti safari January 9-15, 2017
- 16 Weekend trip to a Middle Eastern City
- 17 HELP! 20+ days in Africa - First time ever trip
- 18 Tanzanian Safari, trip report
- 19 Chimps, Gorillas and Camels- a Tale of Three Countries
- 20 car hire from La Possession
- 21 Yellow Fever, visiting Tanzania
- 22 Short 3 nights in Morocco
- 23 Multi part trip anyone want to join for part or all
- 24 Car camping Namibia/Botswana first timer
- 25 Some Questions About My Travel Options within Morocco