hubby and i are planning a trip to south africa (cape town/kruger) from Aug 10 to Aug 24 for our first anniversary. its our first time to SA. we are from the philippines.
plan is 9 nights in cape town, 4-5 nights in the kruger area.
any suggestions as to activities/things to do in cape town?
we have booked accommodations for 7 nights at the mandela rhodes place in cape town. this is flexible - we can increase or decrease number of nights depending on the plan. we are thinking of renting a car and driving to the winelands area - stellenbosch and/or franschhoek for a night or two. also considering staying in night in the gansbaai area for shark diving. we'd also like to go to hermanus for whale watching.
apart from the above, we have heard that the following attractions are worth visiting:
cape peninsula tour
is victoria falls an option or worth visiting considering the 9 night period we have?
we plan to leave cape town for joburg on 19 aug via SA link or kulala or mango. would it be better to go directly to the nelspruit airport? if so, whats the best airline to take from cape to nelspruit?
no accommodation yet for kruger area - we were advised that it would be more economical to stay in a lodge/hotel near the gates of kruger rather than staying in one of the camps/lodges inside as it is too expensive. below are the hotel suggestions given to us:
Casa do sol
Um ba ba
have we allotted too many days in south africa? should we be going to sun city as well?
we're open to suggestions and would appreciate input as to what to do in the cape town area and the best trip sequence.
thanks much in advance -- pardon the multitude of questions. not entirely sure how to go about this.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tide: Tec*h SUPP0RT AOL CONTACT 1:8OO:681:72O8 AOL 24*7
- 2 Safari Game Drives & Conservancy/Park Fees
- 3 Safari suggestions
- 4 Visiting Tanzania, Must DO list
- 5 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 6 Travel to Cairo in July
- 7 Targin into Zambia
- 8 FABULOUS trip! Wanted to share recommendations
- 9 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 10 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 11 Medical Precautions for Zambia
- 12 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 13 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 14 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 15 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 16 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 17 Passport question for International flight
- 18 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 19 Tour operator near me
- 20 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 21 Sim card mainly for data
- 22 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 23 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?
- 24 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 25 Morocco Itinerary: Too fast?
SOS - south africa for 14 days - itinerary suggestions appreciated