hubby and i are planning a trip to south africa (cape town/kruger) from Aug 10 to Aug 24 for our first anniversary. its our first time to SA. we are from the philippines.
plan is 9 nights in cape town, 4-5 nights in the kruger area.
any suggestions as to activities/things to do in cape town?
we have booked accommodations for 7 nights at the mandela rhodes place in cape town. this is flexible - we can increase or decrease number of nights depending on the plan. we are thinking of renting a car and driving to the winelands area - stellenbosch and/or franschhoek for a night or two. also considering staying in night in the gansbaai area for shark diving. we'd also like to go to hermanus for whale watching.
apart from the above, we have heard that the following attractions are worth visiting:
cape peninsula tour
is victoria falls an option or worth visiting considering the 9 night period we have?
we plan to leave cape town for joburg on 19 aug via SA link or kulala or mango. would it be better to go directly to the nelspruit airport? if so, whats the best airline to take from cape to nelspruit?
no accommodation yet for kruger area - we were advised that it would be more economical to stay in a lodge/hotel near the gates of kruger rather than staying in one of the camps/lodges inside as it is too expensive. below are the hotel suggestions given to us:
Casa do sol
Um ba ba
have we allotted too many days in south africa? should we be going to sun city as well?
we're open to suggestions and would appreciate input as to what to do in the cape town area and the best trip sequence.
thanks much in advance -- pardon the multitude of questions. not entirely sure how to go about this.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 릴게임야마토 ▼ 접속 :≫vvn67.com≪
- 2 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 3 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 4 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 5 safari for the mobility impaired
- 6 Car Rental Casablanca Aptil
- 7 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 8 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 9 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 10 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 11 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 12 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 13 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 14 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 15 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 16 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 17 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 18 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 19 Buying merchandise
- 20 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 21 Egypt January-February 2018
- 22 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 23 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 24 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 25 Dubai shopping - any tips?
SOS - south africa for 14 days - itinerary suggestions appreciated