I have some time free in March. Thought of going to Mexico (from Sydney) but now am looking at Morocco....and time is fast running out.
I have always traveled independently by myself or with my husband but have read many glowing reports of people engaging a driver/guide and wonder if there are any issues with a solo mature traveler in terms of availability, costs etc? Any operators who you have used and liked?
Would it be best to pre-book or leave until in the country?
I would need to fly into Casablanca if I were to fly Qantas/Emirates and would have around three weeks.
Any suggestions re accommodation, highlights etc would also be welcome- interests are history, architecture,nature,
Sole fem traveller guide
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Camel Trekking in Sahara Desert, Reccomended Moroccan Adventure
- 2 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 3 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 4 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 5 To go to Israel or not?
- 6 Bidair at JNB
- 7 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 8 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 9 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 10 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 11 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 12 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 13 Questions about Chobe
- 14 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 15 Dubai > Oman?
- 16 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 17 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 18 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 19 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 20 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 21 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 22 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 23 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 24 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 25 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya