I am planning a trip for my Mom and my Mother In Law, who are both in their 70s and in good health with an escorted tour company. I have heard good things about Gate1 Travel, which is in their budget range, and they have a 17 day tour incl So. Africa, Botswana and Victoria Falls. They have availability in their Dec 2012, Jan, Feb and Mar tours.
I read the threads in Fodors and also did some other web based research and am trying to decide when to sign them up. It appears that summer (Dec-Mar) brings the rains, which may reduce the game viewing, but is spectacular for Vic Falls.
I also read about Malaria and the higher risk of same in the summer months with the rainfall. This is the first visit for both the Moms to the region. They do not have a bucket list of game they must view - they want to enjoy Capetown, do Chobe and Vic Falls. They would rather it not be baking hot, but I am more concerned about the malaria (although they will take the Malaria pills).
Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. Also, Robbens Island is not included in the Gate1 tour. Any recommendations of local tour companies would be appreciated.
So Africa, Botswana, Vic Falls - trying to decide when to go
- 1 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 2 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 3 Is now a good time to visit Yemen
- 4 Currency Exchange in Morocco
- 5 High Atlas/Desert Tour Operators
- 6 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 7 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 8 Advice on Porinin camps?
- 9 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 10 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 11 phone service
- 12 Tanzania in 2014
- 13 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 14 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 15 16 Days in Uganda - mountain gorillas and so much more!
- 16 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 17 Mosquito repellants whicwork best !!
- 18 Living in Morocco.
- 19 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 20 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 21 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 22 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 23 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 25 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days