I am planning a trip for my Mom and my Mother In Law, who are both in their 70s and in good health with an escorted tour company. I have heard good things about Gate1 Travel, which is in their budget range, and they have a 17 day tour incl So. Africa, Botswana and Victoria Falls. They have availability in their Dec 2012, Jan, Feb and Mar tours.
I read the threads in Fodors and also did some other web based research and am trying to decide when to sign them up. It appears that summer (Dec-Mar) brings the rains, which may reduce the game viewing, but is spectacular for Vic Falls.
I also read about Malaria and the higher risk of same in the summer months with the rainfall. This is the first visit for both the Moms to the region. They do not have a bucket list of game they must view - they want to enjoy Capetown, do Chobe and Vic Falls. They would rather it not be baking hot, but I am more concerned about the malaria (although they will take the Malaria pills).
Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. Also, Robbens Island is not included in the Gate1 tour. Any recommendations of local tour companies would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 해외사설사이트【 SCB 3 3、CＯM - 코드: 8282 】№안전한놀이터추천
- 2 Morocco help
- 3 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 4 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 5 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 6 Israel Transportation
- 7 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 8 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 9 IRAN
- 10 First trip to Africa
- 11 Money in Uganda
- 12 Uganda Visa
- 13 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 14 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 15 Private Guide for Cairo
- 16 Egypt - Need Help!
- 17 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 18 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 19 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 20 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 21 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 22 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 23 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 24 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 25 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
So Africa, Botswana, Vic Falls - trying to decide when to go