I am planning a trip for my Mom and my Mother In Law, who are both in their 70s and in good health with an escorted tour company. I have heard good things about Gate1 Travel, which is in their budget range, and they have a 17 day tour incl So. Africa, Botswana and Victoria Falls. They have availability in their Dec 2012, Jan, Feb and Mar tours.
I read the threads in Fodors and also did some other web based research and am trying to decide when to sign them up. It appears that summer (Dec-Mar) brings the rains, which may reduce the game viewing, but is spectacular for Vic Falls.
I also read about Malaria and the higher risk of same in the summer months with the rainfall. This is the first visit for both the Moms to the region. They do not have a bucket list of game they must view - they want to enjoy Capetown, do Chobe and Vic Falls. They would rather it not be baking hot, but I am more concerned about the malaria (although they will take the Malaria pills).
Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. Also, Robbens Island is not included in the Gate1 tour. Any recommendations of local tour companies would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 신천지여신 ● 연결 :≫vvn67.com≪
- 2 Luxury train ride
- 3 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 4 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 5 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 6 Cradle of Humankind
- 7 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 8 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 9 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 10 Petra from Israel
- 11 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 12 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 13 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 14 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 15 israel tour
- 16 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 17 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 18 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 19 Safety in Fes
- 20 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 21 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 22 Sim card mainly for data
- 23 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 24 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 25 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
So Africa, Botswana, Vic Falls - trying to decide when to go