I posted some pictures of our 5-day trip to the West Kilimanjaro area of Tanzania. You can see Kambi ya Tembo, Ndarakwai and Makoa.
I am a film-maker (prefer video over still pics) so my pics are always rushed between the filming!
At least you will get an idea of how splendid this area is. West Kilimanjaro is a great alternative to the other areas of Northern Tanzania. No crowds (we saw ZERO other vehicles during our visit)!
Be aware that Kambi ya Tembo has moved! Most travel agents and outfitters don't know this and still talk about elephants moving through camp, etc! This is no longer the case, but it is still a great camp and while it is now further away from the elephants, it has great views, service and more.
Game drives in this area will take you close to the Kenya border with Amboseli. Many of the animals here (especially elephant) migrate between Amboseli and west Kilimanjaro.
Slideshow - West Kilimanjaro Area
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Car Rentals in Israel
- 2 South Africa in February?
- 3 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 4 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 5 Morocco to portugal
- 6 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 7 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 8 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 9 Independence Day in Israel
- 10 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 11 Drinking on safari
- 12 Fodor's 100 Hotel Award Winners
- 13 Travelust
- 14 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 15 Shots for Morocco
- 16 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 17 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 18 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 19 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 20 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 21 Thinking about The Gambia
- 22 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 23 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 24 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 25 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR