I posted some pictures of our 5-day trip to the West Kilimanjaro area of Tanzania. You can see Kambi ya Tembo, Ndarakwai and Makoa.
I am a film-maker (prefer video over still pics) so my pics are always rushed between the filming!
At least you will get an idea of how splendid this area is. West Kilimanjaro is a great alternative to the other areas of Northern Tanzania. No crowds (we saw ZERO other vehicles during our visit)!
Be aware that Kambi ya Tembo has moved! Most travel agents and outfitters don't know this and still talk about elephants moving through camp, etc! This is no longer the case, but it is still a great camp and while it is now further away from the elephants, it has great views, service and more.
Game drives in this area will take you close to the Kenya border with Amboseli. Many of the animals here (especially elephant) migrate between Amboseli and west Kilimanjaro.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 (U.S) YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:844:669:7811 YAHOO Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Safari Goers, I Need Your Expertise!
- 3 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 4 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 5 Itinerary Ideas
- 6 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 7 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 8 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 9 Help with Israel Trip (First Timers): Some Basic Questions
- 10 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 11 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 12 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 13 Kenya/Tanzania
- 14 Dubai first time
- 15 2 nights in Dubai
- 16 16 hours in Qatar
- 17 Petra from Israel
- 18 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 19 A South African in Lusaka
- 20 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 21 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 22 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 23 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 24 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 25 Safari suggestions