I posted some pictures of our 5-day trip to the West Kilimanjaro area of Tanzania. You can see Kambi ya Tembo, Ndarakwai and Makoa.
I am a film-maker (prefer video over still pics) so my pics are always rushed between the filming!
At least you will get an idea of how splendid this area is. West Kilimanjaro is a great alternative to the other areas of Northern Tanzania. No crowds (we saw ZERO other vehicles during our visit)!
Be aware that Kambi ya Tembo has moved! Most travel agents and outfitters don't know this and still talk about elephants moving through camp, etc! This is no longer the case, but it is still a great camp and while it is now further away from the elephants, it has great views, service and more.
Game drives in this area will take you close to the Kenya border with Amboseli. Many of the animals here (especially elephant) migrate between Amboseli and west Kilimanjaro.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Timing for Africa visit
- 2 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 3 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 4 Morocco over Christmas
- 5 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 6 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 7 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 8 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 9 Kruger/sabi sands reserve Vs. Botswana
- 10 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 11 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 12 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 13 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 14 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 15 DOHA LAYOVER
- 16 Morocco Questions
- 17 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 18 Botswana safari recs
- 19 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 20 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 21 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 22 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 23 Botswana in January
- 24 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 25 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant