I posted some pictures of our 5-day trip to the West Kilimanjaro area of Tanzania. You can see Kambi ya Tembo, Ndarakwai and Makoa.
I am a film-maker (prefer video over still pics) so my pics are always rushed between the filming!
At least you will get an idea of how splendid this area is. West Kilimanjaro is a great alternative to the other areas of Northern Tanzania. No crowds (we saw ZERO other vehicles during our visit)!
Be aware that Kambi ya Tembo has moved! Most travel agents and outfitters don't know this and still talk about elephants moving through camp, etc! This is no longer the case, but it is still a great camp and while it is now further away from the elephants, it has great views, service and more.
Game drives in this area will take you close to the Kenya border with Amboseli. Many of the animals here (especially elephant) migrate between Amboseli and west Kilimanjaro.
Slideshow - West Kilimanjaro Area
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Where to travel for January ?
- 2 Dubai first time
- 3 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 4 Keeping Kenya Adventure Weird....Cheap...Delicious
- 5 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 6 Zambia Impressions
- 7 Taste of Dubai
- 8 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 9 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 10 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 11 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 12 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 13 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 14 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 15 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 16 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 17 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 18 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 19 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 20 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 21 Dubai and/or Oman
- 22 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 23 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 24 Morocco Advice
- 25 MOROCCO SOLO