I posted some pictures of our 5-day trip to the West Kilimanjaro area of Tanzania. You can see Kambi ya Tembo, Ndarakwai and Makoa.
I am a film-maker (prefer video over still pics) so my pics are always rushed between the filming!
At least you will get an idea of how splendid this area is. West Kilimanjaro is a great alternative to the other areas of Northern Tanzania. No crowds (we saw ZERO other vehicles during our visit)!
Be aware that Kambi ya Tembo has moved! Most travel agents and outfitters don't know this and still talk about elephants moving through camp, etc! This is no longer the case, but it is still a great camp and while it is now further away from the elephants, it has great views, service and more.
Game drives in this area will take you close to the Kenya border with Amboseli. Many of the animals here (especially elephant) migrate between Amboseli and west Kilimanjaro.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Fes opinion and rates + video
- 2 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 3 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 4 6 Nights in Morocco want the desert.
- 5 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 6 Flooding at Ngamba Island
- 7 Insect Repellent
- 8 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 9 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 10 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 11 Help Us With Our Trip to Morocco
- 12 house exchange
- 13 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 14 casablanca airport taxis
- 15 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 16 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 17 Marrakech, Demnate, Essaouira on slow
- 18 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 19 Tiberias with kids
- 20 Lion World
- 21 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 22 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 23 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 24 Mpumalanga visit
- 25 safe areas to go on safari