I posted some pictures of our 5-day trip to the West Kilimanjaro area of Tanzania. You can see Kambi ya Tembo, Ndarakwai and Makoa.
I am a film-maker (prefer video over still pics) so my pics are always rushed between the filming!
At least you will get an idea of how splendid this area is. West Kilimanjaro is a great alternative to the other areas of Northern Tanzania. No crowds (we saw ZERO other vehicles during our visit)!
Be aware that Kambi ya Tembo has moved! Most travel agents and outfitters don't know this and still talk about elephants moving through camp, etc! This is no longer the case, but it is still a great camp and while it is now further away from the elephants, it has great views, service and more.
Game drives in this area will take you close to the Kenya border with Amboseli. Many of the animals here (especially elephant) migrate between Amboseli and west Kilimanjaro.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 2 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 3 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 4 First trip to Africa
- 5 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 6 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 7 Uganda Visa
- 8 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 9 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 10 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 11 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 12 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 13 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 14 Need feedback on my itinerary
- 15 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 16 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 17 Calculating Conservancy Fees - Kenya's Mara North
- 18 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 19 Fes or Marrakech?
- 20 Transfer at JNB airport
- 21 Egypt - Need Help!
- 22 Your Thoughts on 5 Days in Morocco in Beg Dec
- 23 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 24 Morrocco single traveler on group trip
- 25 Safety in Dubai airport night take a taxi