I posted some pictures of our 5-day trip to the West Kilimanjaro area of Tanzania. You can see Kambi ya Tembo, Ndarakwai and Makoa.
I am a film-maker (prefer video over still pics) so my pics are always rushed between the filming!
At least you will get an idea of how splendid this area is. West Kilimanjaro is a great alternative to the other areas of Northern Tanzania. No crowds (we saw ZERO other vehicles during our visit)!
Be aware that Kambi ya Tembo has moved! Most travel agents and outfitters don't know this and still talk about elephants moving through camp, etc! This is no longer the case, but it is still a great camp and while it is now further away from the elephants, it has great views, service and more.
Game drives in this area will take you close to the Kenya border with Amboseli. Many of the animals here (especially elephant) migrate between Amboseli and west Kilimanjaro.
Slideshow - West Kilimanjaro Area
- 1 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 2 Safari Cost Comparison
- 3 Safari and Beach in June
- 4 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 5 Help! First African safari!!!
- 6 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 7 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 8 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 9 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 10 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 11 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 12 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 13 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 14 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 15 My trip to Egypt .....
- 16 dubai for 5 days
- 17 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 18 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 19 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 20 Bugs n' Botswana
- 21 Group Trip to Israel
- 22 My Trip to Palestine
- 23 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 24 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 25 Being a tourist in Dubai