I posted some pictures of our 5-day trip to the West Kilimanjaro area of Tanzania. You can see Kambi ya Tembo, Ndarakwai and Makoa.
I am a film-maker (prefer video over still pics) so my pics are always rushed between the filming!
At least you will get an idea of how splendid this area is. West Kilimanjaro is a great alternative to the other areas of Northern Tanzania. No crowds (we saw ZERO other vehicles during our visit)!
Be aware that Kambi ya Tembo has moved! Most travel agents and outfitters don't know this and still talk about elephants moving through camp, etc! This is no longer the case, but it is still a great camp and while it is now further away from the elephants, it has great views, service and more.
Game drives in this area will take you close to the Kenya border with Amboseli. Many of the animals here (especially elephant) migrate between Amboseli and west Kilimanjaro.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 2 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 3 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 4 Best African Safari
- 5 VISA for Mozambique
- 6 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 7 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 8 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 9 beach visit after safari
- 10 Petra Wadi Rum
- 11 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 12 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 13 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 14 What is worth seeing in November?
- 15 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 16 Israeli Tour Guides
- 17 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 18 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 19 Masai Mara in May
- 20 Western Desert Itinerary
- 21 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 22 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 23 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 24 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 25 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen