I posted some pictures of our 5-day trip to the West Kilimanjaro area of Tanzania. You can see Kambi ya Tembo, Ndarakwai and Makoa.
I am a film-maker (prefer video over still pics) so my pics are always rushed between the filming!
At least you will get an idea of how splendid this area is. West Kilimanjaro is a great alternative to the other areas of Northern Tanzania. No crowds (we saw ZERO other vehicles during our visit)!
Be aware that Kambi ya Tembo has moved! Most travel agents and outfitters don't know this and still talk about elephants moving through camp, etc! This is no longer the case, but it is still a great camp and while it is now further away from the elephants, it has great views, service and more.
Game drives in this area will take you close to the Kenya border with Amboseli. Many of the animals here (especially elephant) migrate between Amboseli and west Kilimanjaro.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 2 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 3 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 4 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 5 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 6 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 7 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 8 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 9 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 10 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 11 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 12 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 13 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 14 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport
- 15 Sabi Sands areavs Motswari Timbavati area
- 16 Kilimanjaro Tour Operators
- 17 Egypt in 6 days itinerary - please advise
- 18 Going to Israel end of October. Maybe silly, but what shoes to bring?
- 19 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 20 Where are the best safaris in Africa?
- 21 Wilson airport transfer to NBO
- 22 Advice traveling to Morocco as a woman with a child
- 23 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!
- 24 Short S. African Safaris?
- 25 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI