A LOT of people are recommending we skip Luxor/Aswan since we'll be traveling there in July. I was thinking that we'd visit the sites early in the morning (6am?) and then retreat to our hotel until the evening. Now that one of my daughters is recovering from an illness, do you think it would be wise to just skip Luxor/Aswan/Abu Simbel this trip?
If we do skip it, do you think we'll get enough ancient Egypt history from Cairo? (then we'd go to Cairo/Alexandria/Sharm Al Sheikh which would probably be less expensive and more relaxing an itinerary). What do you all think?
Skip Luxor/Aswan in July?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 2 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 3 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 4 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 5 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 6 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 7 Safari on a budget!
- 8 Tips for Israel
- 9 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 10 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 11 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 12 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 13 Road To Morocco Tours
- 14 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 15 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 16 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 17 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 18 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 19 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 20 Rwanda
- 21 Egypt safe travel
- 22 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 23 Zambia Impressions
- 24 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 25 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi