A LOT of people are recommending we skip Luxor/Aswan since we'll be traveling there in July. I was thinking that we'd visit the sites early in the morning (6am?) and then retreat to our hotel until the evening. Now that one of my daughters is recovering from an illness, do you think it would be wise to just skip Luxor/Aswan/Abu Simbel this trip?
If we do skip it, do you think we'll get enough ancient Egypt history from Cairo? (then we'd go to Cairo/Alexandria/Sharm Al Sheikh which would probably be less expensive and more relaxing an itinerary). What do you all think?
Skip Luxor/Aswan in July?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 2 Help with Rwanda trip
- 3 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 4 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 5 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 6 Tel Aviv beaches
- 7 Memory cards for camera
- 8 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 9 trip report, morocco
- 10 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 11 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 12 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 13 Morocco for 2 nights
- 14 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 15 Sabi Sands camps
- 16 Hotels in Nairobi
- 17 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 18 Rwanda trip report
- 19 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 20 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 21 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 22 israel and petra
- 23 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 24 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 25 Israel and Petra