A LOT of people are recommending we skip Luxor/Aswan since we'll be traveling there in July. I was thinking that we'd visit the sites early in the morning (6am?) and then retreat to our hotel until the evening. Now that one of my daughters is recovering from an illness, do you think it would be wise to just skip Luxor/Aswan/Abu Simbel this trip?
If we do skip it, do you think we'll get enough ancient Egypt history from Cairo? (then we'd go to Cairo/Alexandria/Sharm Al Sheikh which would probably be less expensive and more relaxing an itinerary). What do you all think?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Private Guide for Cairo
- 2 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 3 Texting from US to Israel
- 4 Itinerary Ideas
- 5 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 6 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 7 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 8 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 9 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 10 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 11 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 12 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 13 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 14 Passport pages stuck together
- 15 Self drive tour south africa
- 16 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 17 Tanzania-An organized trip or on our own?
- 18 Flight to italy then To Romani
- 19 Minor Children & Birth Certificates?
- 20 Duba activities - help deciding
- 21 Eilat
- 22 recommendations for AI islands
- 23 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 24 Petra from Israel
- 25 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit