A LOT of people are recommending we skip Luxor/Aswan since we'll be traveling there in July. I was thinking that we'd visit the sites early in the morning (6am?) and then retreat to our hotel until the evening. Now that one of my daughters is recovering from an illness, do you think it would be wise to just skip Luxor/Aswan/Abu Simbel this trip?
If we do skip it, do you think we'll get enough ancient Egypt history from Cairo? (then we'd go to Cairo/Alexandria/Sharm Al Sheikh which would probably be less expensive and more relaxing an itinerary). What do you all think?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town -safety
- 2 South Africa Adventure Activities - Help Needed
- 3 Uganda Visit - A beautiful Country
- 4 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice Needed - Mid-May 2017
- 5 Trip to Merzouga
- 6 Any advise on travelling in Morocco
- 7 Swaziland in January
- 8 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 9 good internet connection option Meknes
- 10 Overnight train from Fez to Marrakesh
- 11 Trip Report: June, 2016 S. Africa, Zambia and Malawi
- 12 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 13 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 14 Safari - March 2017 Timbavati vs. Sabi Sands
- 15 Pictures & Trip Report - Self-drive: South Africa & Namibia 2008
- 16 Tanzania Safari with OAT
- 17 what size ll bean adventure duffle for safari
- 18 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 19 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 20 How I survived in Africa Traveling in a primitive African tribe Mursi
- 21 weekend from Joburg - 3rd trip to city
- 22 Egypt - where to buy a cartouche?
- 23 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 24 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 25 Are Detour Africa's safaris good??