My fiance and I will be traveling to Mauritius in September as part of our honeymoon and we are concerned about the recent Chikungunya fever outbreak.
It seems as if it was brought on by the heavy rains in January and I am wondering if this will be a problem at all in September?
Should we cancel that portion of our trip? Is there a chance that there will still be an outbreak in September?
We have travel insurance, but if we are going to cancel that portion of our trip I would like to do so ASAP so I can book something else instead!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Jeans All the Time
- 2 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 3 Morocco over Christmas
- 4 Clothing for October trip to Morocco
- 5 Shopping in Morocco
- 6 After Botswana ?
- 7 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 8 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 9 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 10 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 11 HELP! 20+ days in Africa - First time ever trip
- 12 Timing for Africa visit
- 13 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 14 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 15 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 16 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 17 Kruger/sabi sands reserve Vs. Botswana
- 18 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 19 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 20 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 21 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 22 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 23 DOHA LAYOVER
- 24 Morocco Questions
- 25 Egypt Quickie Trip
Should we not go to Mauritius because of Chikungunya fever outbreak?