My fiance and I will be traveling to Mauritius in September as part of our honeymoon and we are concerned about the recent Chikungunya fever outbreak.
It seems as if it was brought on by the heavy rains in January and I am wondering if this will be a problem at all in September?
Should we cancel that portion of our trip? Is there a chance that there will still be an outbreak in September?
We have travel insurance, but if we are going to cancel that portion of our trip I would like to do so ASAP so I can book something else instead!
Should we not go to Mauritius because of Chikungunya fever outbreak?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 2 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 3 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 4 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 5 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 6 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 7 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 8 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 9 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 10 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 11 Uganda Travel Planning
- 12 Israel and Jordan
- 13 Green Season Safari Questions
- 14 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 15 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 16 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 17 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 18 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 19 Northern Circuit tour company
- 20 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 21 Oman Trip Report
- 22 Family Itinerary - would welcome advice/opinion
- 23 A Look Back
- 24 Morocco photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 25 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions