My fiance and I will be traveling to Mauritius in September as part of our honeymoon and we are concerned about the recent Chikungunya fever outbreak.
It seems as if it was brought on by the heavy rains in January and I am wondering if this will be a problem at all in September?
Should we cancel that portion of our trip? Is there a chance that there will still be an outbreak in September?
We have travel insurance, but if we are going to cancel that portion of our trip I would like to do so ASAP so I can book something else instead!
Should we not go to Mauritius because of Chikungunya fever outbreak?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Best Airline/Route from US to Rwanda & Kenya
- 2 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 3 botswana, zimbabwe/zambia trip advice
- 4 Tour Operator/Vendor for safari planning suggestions?
- 5 short report: the wonderful gambia
- 6 Safari on a budget!
- 7 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 8 Is this too ambitious for a trip to Africa?
- 9 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 10 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 11 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 12 Things to see in Dubai
- 13 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 14 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 15 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 16 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 17 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 18 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 19 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 20 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 21 Tips for Israel
- 22 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 23 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 24 Road To Morocco Tours
- 25 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco