My fiance and I will be traveling to Mauritius in September as part of our honeymoon and we are concerned about the recent Chikungunya fever outbreak.
It seems as if it was brought on by the heavy rains in January and I am wondering if this will be a problem at all in September?
Should we cancel that portion of our trip? Is there a chance that there will still be an outbreak in September?
We have travel insurance, but if we are going to cancel that portion of our trip I would like to do so ASAP so I can book something else instead!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Giraffe in Kruger national park
- 2 help with itinerary please
- 3 To drive or not to drive - need itinerary advice
- 4 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 5 First time safari question
- 6 Help choosing Safari in Botswana
- 7 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 8 Never use Travelust Safaris!
- 9 Lion Sands River Lodge or Narina Lodge
- 10 Swala Safaris
- 11 Safety at Sharm el sheikh and St Catherine's
- 12 Dubai
- 13 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 14 Driving from Jo-burg to Hazyview
- 15 Back in Iran again-just 11 days, help!
- 16 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 17 Help with last minute planning VFalls/Kruger/CapeTown
- 18 Etosha help
- 19 &Beyond vs. Wilderness Groups
- 20 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 21 private game reserve-kruger
- 22 Abu Dhabi and the Rest?
- 23 Dubai for 36 hours hotel recommendation
- 24 go2africa
- 25 Fabulous Feb. 2016 Rwanda, Tanzania and Kenya Trip
Should we not go to Mauritius because of Chikungunya fever outbreak?