My fiance and I will be traveling to Mauritius in September as part of our honeymoon and we are concerned about the recent Chikungunya fever outbreak.
It seems as if it was brought on by the heavy rains in January and I am wondering if this will be a problem at all in September?
Should we cancel that portion of our trip? Is there a chance that there will still be an outbreak in September?
We have travel insurance, but if we are going to cancel that portion of our trip I would like to do so ASAP so I can book something else instead!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1:888:260:2909 Password Reset CONTACT YAHOO TEC*h 24*7
- 2 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 3 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 4 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 5 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 6 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 7 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 8 Safari in South Africa
- 9 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 10 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 11 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 12 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 13 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 14 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 15 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 16 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 17 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 18 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 19 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 20 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport
- 21 Sabi Sands areavs Motswari Timbavati area
- 22 Kilimanjaro Tour Operators
- 23 Egypt in 6 days itinerary - please advise
- 24 Going to Israel end of October. Maybe silly, but what shoes to bring?
- 25 Advice on private tour Morocco
Should we not go to Mauritius because of Chikungunya fever outbreak?