My fiance and I will be traveling to Mauritius in September as part of our honeymoon and we are concerned about the recent Chikungunya fever outbreak.
It seems as if it was brought on by the heavy rains in January and I am wondering if this will be a problem at all in September?
Should we cancel that portion of our trip? Is there a chance that there will still be an outbreak in September?
We have travel insurance, but if we are going to cancel that portion of our trip I would like to do so ASAP so I can book something else instead!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 2 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 3 Morocco help
- 4 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 5 IRAN
- 6 First trip to Africa
- 7 Money in Uganda
- 8 Uganda Visa
- 9 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 10 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 11 Private Guide for Cairo
- 12 Egypt - Need Help!
- 13 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 14 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 15 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 16 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 17 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 18 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 19 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 20 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 21 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 22 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 23 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 24 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 25 Need feedback on my itinerary
Should we not go to Mauritius because of Chikungunya fever outbreak?