My fiance and I will be traveling to Mauritius in September as part of our honeymoon and we are concerned about the recent Chikungunya fever outbreak.
It seems as if it was brought on by the heavy rains in January and I am wondering if this will be a problem at all in September?
Should we cancel that portion of our trip? Is there a chance that there will still be an outbreak in September?
We have travel insurance, but if we are going to cancel that portion of our trip I would like to do so ASAP so I can book something else instead!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 2 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 3 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 4 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 5 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 6 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 7 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 8 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 9 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 10 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 11 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 12 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 13 Dubai Guide
- 14 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 15 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 16 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 17 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 18 Loldia House Kenya
- 19 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 20 Alexandria
- 21 kicheche compared to porini
- 22 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 23 Planning Tanzania trip-how many months?
- 24 Chefchaouen Report
- 25 Tracking Gorillas
Should we not go to Mauritius because of Chikungunya fever outbreak?