My fiance and I will be traveling to Mauritius in September as part of our honeymoon and we are concerned about the recent Chikungunya fever outbreak.
It seems as if it was brought on by the heavy rains in January and I am wondering if this will be a problem at all in September?
Should we cancel that portion of our trip? Is there a chance that there will still be an outbreak in September?
We have travel insurance, but if we are going to cancel that portion of our trip I would like to do so ASAP so I can book something else instead!
Should we not go to Mauritius because of Chikungunya fever outbreak?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 2 Hotels in Nairobi
- 3 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 4 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 5 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 6 Memory cards for camera
- 7 Sabi Sands camps
- 8 trip report, morocco
- 9 Rwanda trip report
- 10 Tel Aviv beaches
- 11 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 12 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 13 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 14 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 15 israel and petra
- 16 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 17 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 18 Israel and Petra
- 19 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 20 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 21 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 22 Morocco for 2 nights
- 23 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 24 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 25 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?