I am taking another trip at the end of the year to Morocco for a 2 week period. I plan to source metalwork (i.e. lanterns, lamps, wall sconces, sculptures etc) from various street suppliers in Fes to ship back to Australia. These items will range from mid to large in size (large being about 1m high).
I am in the very early stages of planning and am seeking any information members could provide me in relation to the following:
• Best way to ship and a guess on pricing – shipping container, FedEx, general post.
• Location to ship from, directly from Morocco, or drive to UK/Spain/Gibraltar.
• Tax and duties payable on transport.
• Reputable contacts for shipping.
• Customs requirements.
Any assistance, information or pointers in the right direction that could be provided would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Israel Transportation
- 2 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 3 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 4 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 5 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 6 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 7 What you do not know about East Africa.
- 8 Morocco Trip Report
- 9 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 10 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 11 Morocco help
- 12 First trip to Africa
- 13 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 14 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 15 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 16 IRAN
- 17 Money in Uganda
- 18 Uganda Visa
- 19 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 20 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 21 Private Guide for Cairo
- 22 Egypt - Need Help!
- 23 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 24 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 25 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014