I am a single traveler going to South Africa in September. I will have five nights in Cape Town, staying at the Fritz Hotel.
My main reason for going is to cage dive with the Great Whites (HUGE shark nerd), which I plan to book for my first full day out there in case of weather complications. Any recommendations of companies to book with? Or suggestion on whether Gansbaii or False Bay?
I found a wonderful tour guide for Tabletop Mountain thanks to scanning some of the boards here on occasion, so that will be a definite. Would like to see the Penguins (Cape of Good Hope) and Robbens Island. Is there a best way to get to these places as I will not have a car?
Any other suggestions on what to see/do? I want to experience as much as possible in my short time. For reference, I arrive on a Monday at 1:10pm and depart on Saturday at 3:10pm - I am a female in my late twenties.
Lastly, a lot of family members have expressed concern about safety in South Africa? Should I stay at the hotel during the evening hours? Should I be covered up when I am out about town? As I said, solo, late twenties female traveler and heavily tattooed.
Thanks for all the help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kingdom:YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:855:999:8045 YAHOO Tec*h SU*PP0RT
- 2 Itinerary Ideas
- 3 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 4 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 5 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 6 Help with Israel Trip (First Timers): Some Basic Questions
- 7 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 8 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 9 Plan To Travel To Tanzania?
- 10 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 11 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 12 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 13 Kenya/Tanzania
- 14 Dubai first time
- 15 2 nights in Dubai
- 16 16 hours in Qatar
- 17 Petra from Israel
- 18 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 19 A South African in Lusaka
- 20 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 21 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 22 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 23 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 24 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 25 Safari suggestions