I am a single traveler going to South Africa in September. I will have five nights in Cape Town, staying at the Fritz Hotel.
My main reason for going is to cage dive with the Great Whites (HUGE shark nerd), which I plan to book for my first full day out there in case of weather complications. Any recommendations of companies to book with? Or suggestion on whether Gansbaii or False Bay?
I found a wonderful tour guide for Tabletop Mountain thanks to scanning some of the boards here on occasion, so that will be a definite. Would like to see the Penguins (Cape of Good Hope) and Robbens Island. Is there a best way to get to these places as I will not have a car?
Any other suggestions on what to see/do? I want to experience as much as possible in my short time. For reference, I arrive on a Monday at 1:10pm and depart on Saturday at 3:10pm - I am a female in my late twenties.
Lastly, a lot of family members have expressed concern about safety in South Africa? Should I stay at the hotel during the evening hours? Should I be covered up when I am out about town? As I said, solo, late twenties female traveler and heavily tattooed.
Thanks for all the help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 2 11 days Jordan and Israel...need help with planning
- 3 Safety issues driving the Garden Route in South Africa?
- 4 Cape Town & wine country in July? Help...
- 5 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 6 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 7 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 8 Marrakech
- 9 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 10 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 11 Abu Dhabi overnight stay
- 12 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 13 Audley Travel
- 14 Can "European" plugs be used in South Africa?
- 15 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 16 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 17 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 18 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 19 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 20 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 21 Safari in South Africa
- 22 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 23 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 24 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 25 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge