I am a single traveler going to South Africa in September. I will have five nights in Cape Town, staying at the Fritz Hotel.
My main reason for going is to cage dive with the Great Whites (HUGE shark nerd), which I plan to book for my first full day out there in case of weather complications. Any recommendations of companies to book with? Or suggestion on whether Gansbaii or False Bay?
I found a wonderful tour guide for Tabletop Mountain thanks to scanning some of the boards here on occasion, so that will be a definite. Would like to see the Penguins (Cape of Good Hope) and Robbens Island. Is there a best way to get to these places as I will not have a car?
Any other suggestions on what to see/do? I want to experience as much as possible in my short time. For reference, I arrive on a Monday at 1:10pm and depart on Saturday at 3:10pm - I am a female in my late twenties.
Lastly, a lot of family members have expressed concern about safety in South Africa? Should I stay at the hotel during the evening hours? Should I be covered up when I am out about town? As I said, solo, late twenties female traveler and heavily tattooed.
Thanks for all the help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 2 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 3 Cairo International Airport
- 4 Petra from Israel
- 5 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 6 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 7 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 8 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 9 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 10 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 11 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 12 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 13 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 14 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 15 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 16 Dubai Guide
- 17 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 18 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 19 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 20 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 21 Loldia House Kenya
- 22 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 23 Alexandria
- 24 kicheche compared to porini
- 25 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya