I am a single traveler going to South Africa in September. I will have five nights in Cape Town, staying at the Fritz Hotel.
My main reason for going is to cage dive with the Great Whites (HUGE shark nerd), which I plan to book for my first full day out there in case of weather complications. Any recommendations of companies to book with? Or suggestion on whether Gansbaii or False Bay?
I found a wonderful tour guide for Tabletop Mountain thanks to scanning some of the boards here on occasion, so that will be a definite. Would like to see the Penguins (Cape of Good Hope) and Robbens Island. Is there a best way to get to these places as I will not have a car?
Any other suggestions on what to see/do? I want to experience as much as possible in my short time. For reference, I arrive on a Monday at 1:10pm and depart on Saturday at 3:10pm - I am a female in my late twenties.
Lastly, a lot of family members have expressed concern about safety in South Africa? Should I stay at the hotel during the evening hours? Should I be covered up when I am out about town? As I said, solo, late twenties female traveler and heavily tattooed.
Thanks for all the help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Best African Safari
- 2 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 3 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 4 What is worth seeing in November?
- 5 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 6 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 7 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 8 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 9 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 10 Israeli Tour Guides
- 11 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 12 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 13 Masai Mara in May
- 14 Western Desert Itinerary
- 15 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 16 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 17 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 18 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 19 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 20 Trip to Merzouga
- 21 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
- 22 Uganda Visa
- 23 Border crossing (Bots-Zim-Zam)
- 24 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 25 Which one for safari: Bulele or Sabi Sands at Kruger - South Africa?