We, a couple of 35 and 28, will touch down in Dar es Salaam September 15th 2012.
We are both Belgians, mothertongue being Dutch, other languages being English, French and, to a lesser extent, German.
We'll be travelling pretty budget in South Tanzania (read: avoiding the 300$ lodges in the national parks, combining camping with own equipment and/or partially rented with a midrange lodge/hotel here and there...).
We'll have a good 3 weeks holiday ahead of us.
We'd like to visit Southern Tanzania in the first 2 weeks and spend week 3 on Mafia (to dive and relax).
In this second half of September we'd like to rent, preferably, a good, sturdy 4x4 to tour from Dar es Salaam direction South.
Ideally to self-drive (as we did in Botswana) or with a driver.
Major goals are:
Of course renting a 4x4 for 2 weeks ain't the cheapest in Tanzania.
Therefore we ccould be interested in sharing with other people. Preferably another 2-some... Travelling with 4 pax in total.
But also travelling 5 or 6 pax in total is open for discussion.
If you have plans in this direction, with a similar mindset and travel goals... Respond to this thread and/or send me a pm.
Best to all,
Kim & Jan
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
- 2 Trip Report: Leaf Leopards & Stone Lions: Kamping in Kruger
- 3 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 4 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 5 Self drive tour south africa
- 6 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 7 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 8 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 9 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 10 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 11 Duba activities - help deciding
- 12 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 13 Private Guide for Cairo
- 14 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 15 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 16 Texting from US to Israel
- 17 Itinerary Ideas
- 18 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 19 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 20 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 21 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 22 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 23 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 24 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 25 Passport pages stuck together
share safari(vehicle) south tanzania second half September 2012