We, a couple of 35 and 28, will touch down in Dar es Salaam September 15th 2012.
We are both Belgians, mothertongue being Dutch, other languages being English, French and, to a lesser extent, German.
We'll be travelling pretty budget in South Tanzania (read: avoiding the 300$ lodges in the national parks, combining camping with own equipment and/or partially rented with a midrange lodge/hotel here and there...).
We'll have a good 3 weeks holiday ahead of us.
We'd like to visit Southern Tanzania in the first 2 weeks and spend week 3 on Mafia (to dive and relax).
In this second half of September we'd like to rent, preferably, a good, sturdy 4x4 to tour from Dar es Salaam direction South.
Ideally to self-drive (as we did in Botswana) or with a driver.
Major goals are:
Of course renting a 4x4 for 2 weeks ain't the cheapest in Tanzania.
Therefore we ccould be interested in sharing with other people. Preferably another 2-some... Travelling with 4 pax in total.
But also travelling 5 or 6 pax in total is open for discussion.
If you have plans in this direction, with a similar mindset and travel goals... Respond to this thread and/or send me a pm.
Best to all,
Kim & Jan
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 2 Money in Uganda
- 3 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 4 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 5 VISA for Mozambique
- 6 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 7 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 8 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 9 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 10 Best African Safari
- 11 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 12 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 13 beach visit after safari
- 14 Petra Wadi Rum
- 15 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 16 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 17 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 18 What is worth seeing in November?
- 19 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 20 Israeli Tour Guides
- 21 Masai Mara in May
- 22 Western Desert Itinerary
- 23 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 24 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 25 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
share safari(vehicle) south tanzania second half September 2012