We, a couple of 35 and 28, will touch down in Dar es Salaam September 15th 2012.
We are both Belgians, mothertongue being Dutch, other languages being English, French and, to a lesser extent, German.
We'll be travelling pretty budget in South Tanzania (read: avoiding the 300$ lodges in the national parks, combining camping with own equipment and/or partially rented with a midrange lodge/hotel here and there...).
We'll have a good 3 weeks holiday ahead of us.
We'd like to visit Southern Tanzania in the first 2 weeks and spend week 3 on Mafia (to dive and relax).
In this second half of September we'd like to rent, preferably, a good, sturdy 4x4 to tour from Dar es Salaam direction South.
Ideally to self-drive (as we did in Botswana) or with a driver.
Major goals are:
Of course renting a 4x4 for 2 weeks ain't the cheapest in Tanzania.
Therefore we ccould be interested in sharing with other people. Preferably another 2-some... Travelling with 4 pax in total.
But also travelling 5 or 6 pax in total is open for discussion.
If you have plans in this direction, with a similar mindset and travel goals... Respond to this thread and/or send me a pm.
Best to all,
Kim & Jan
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementschat.com/thrive-max-testo/
- 2 Isreal
- 3 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 4 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 5 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 6 Binocular rentals
- 7 Namibia: any suggestion for a 3 weeks self drive roundtrip?
- 8 Marrakech
- 9 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 10 Dead Sea day trip
- 11 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 12 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 13 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 14 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 15 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 16 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 17 Itinerary Ideas
- 18 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 19 Travel to Botswana
- 20 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 21 Loldia House Kenya
- 22 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 23 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 24 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 25 several short safaris vs one longer one
share safari(vehicle) south tanzania second half September 2012