I am planning to visit Tanzania in July 2010 with my own 4x4. I will only be camping and have all the necessary equipment and driving skills to do this. I do, however, know very little about Tanzania and specifically Serengeti, where I plan to go.
Can anyone answer some of these questions, please!? I have numbered them to make it easier to answer spesific questions:
1) Please clear up the cost issue: How much would it cost two adults in one vehicle to spend 7 days in Serengeti, camping at a public campsite? I am espesially unsure about the vehicle rate - is it per 24/period or once off?
2) Can I pay in cash once I arrive at Serengeti (USD)? If not, how do I pay?
3) Is it necessary to pre-book public campsites for July? What about special campsites?
4) It is compulsory to take a ranger/guide with you into the park?
5) If you could recommend three public/special campsites in Serengeti, which would it be, and why?
I would appreciate any additional information on a self-drive camping trip to Serengeti very much.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 무료오션 ▶ 도메인 :≫vvn67.com≪
- 2 다빈치릴게임 ▼ 접속 :≫vvn67.com≪
- 3 Trip Report: Leaf Leopards & Stone Lions: Kamping in Kruger
- 4 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 5 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
- 6 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 7 Self drive tour south africa
- 8 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 9 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 10 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 11 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 12 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 13 Duba activities - help deciding
- 14 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 15 Private Guide for Cairo
- 16 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 17 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 18 Texting from US to Israel
- 19 Itinerary Ideas
- 20 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 21 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 22 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 23 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 24 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 25 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)