I am planning to visit Tanzania in July 2010 with my own 4x4. I will only be camping and have all the necessary equipment and driving skills to do this. I do, however, know very little about Tanzania and specifically Serengeti, where I plan to go.
Can anyone answer some of these questions, please!? I have numbered them to make it easier to answer spesific questions:
1) Please clear up the cost issue: How much would it cost two adults in one vehicle to spend 7 days in Serengeti, camping at a public campsite? I am espesially unsure about the vehicle rate - is it per 24/period or once off?
2) Can I pay in cash once I arrive at Serengeti (USD)? If not, how do I pay?
3) Is it necessary to pre-book public campsites for July? What about special campsites?
4) It is compulsory to take a ranger/guide with you into the park?
5) If you could recommend three public/special campsites in Serengeti, which would it be, and why?
I would appreciate any additional information on a self-drive camping trip to Serengeti very much.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 2 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 3 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 4 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 5 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 6 Uganda Visa
- 7 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 8 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 9 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 10 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 11 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 12 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 13 Need feedback on my itinerary
- 14 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 15 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 16 Calculating Conservancy Fees - Kenya's Mara North
- 17 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 18 Fes or Marrakech?
- 19 Transfer at JNB airport
- 20 Egypt - Need Help!
- 21 Your Thoughts on 5 Days in Morocco in Beg Dec
- 22 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 23 Morrocco single traveler on group trip
- 24 Safety in Dubai airport night take a taxi
- 25 Adapter Plugs