I am planning to visit Tanzania in July 2010 with my own 4x4. I will only be camping and have all the necessary equipment and driving skills to do this. I do, however, know very little about Tanzania and specifically Serengeti, where I plan to go.
Can anyone answer some of these questions, please!? I have numbered them to make it easier to answer spesific questions:
1) Please clear up the cost issue: How much would it cost two adults in one vehicle to spend 7 days in Serengeti, camping at a public campsite? I am espesially unsure about the vehicle rate - is it per 24/period or once off?
2) Can I pay in cash once I arrive at Serengeti (USD)? If not, how do I pay?
3) Is it necessary to pre-book public campsites for July? What about special campsites?
4) It is compulsory to take a ranger/guide with you into the park?
5) If you could recommend three public/special campsites in Serengeti, which would it be, and why?
I would appreciate any additional information on a self-drive camping trip to Serengeti very much.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 +27815220148 "psychiatric lost love spellz" - suprt traditional Blackburn
- 2 Safari Game Drives & Conservancy/Park Fees
- 3 Uganda Currency Exchange
- 4 Safari suggestions
- 5 Visiting Tanzania, Must DO list
- 6 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 7 Travel to Cairo in July
- 8 Targin into Zambia
- 9 FABULOUS trip! Wanted to share recommendations
- 10 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 11 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 12 Medical Precautions for Zambia
- 13 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 14 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 15 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 16 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 17 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 18 Passport question for International flight
- 19 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 20 Tour operator near me
- 21 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 22 Sim card mainly for data
- 23 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 24 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?
- 25 Draft itinerary for Morocco