I'm planning a trip to east Africa on or around Sept 22nd. I have about 2 weeks; days are flexible, budget less so. I would love to see parts of both countries, ie: Ngorongoro crater and Masai Mara, Tarangire or Amboseli, etc. Logistics of travel between countries being what they are, along with budget constraints ($4000-$4500pp), perhaps I should stick with one country and see more of it. Which one?
Since I don't know if I'll ever be back to the area, I hate to pass up an opportunity to see something amazing, like the migration or the crater or Olduvai Gorge.Should I focus on one country and add a 2-3 night trip to one place in the other? Besides Ngorongoro, what are the significant differences in the two countries, in terms of geography and wildlife viewing? Any advise is welcome.
September in Kenya or Tanzania or BOTH?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 2 Green Season Safari Questions
- 3 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 4 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 5 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 6 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 7 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 8 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 9 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 10 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 11 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 12 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 13 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 14 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 15 Uganda Travel Planning
- 16 Israel and Jordan
- 17 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 18 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 19 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 20 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 21 Northern Circuit tour company
- 22 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 23 Oman Trip Report
- 24 Family Itinerary - would welcome advice/opinion
- 25 A Look Back