I'm planning a trip to east Africa on or around Sept 22nd. I have about 2 weeks; days are flexible, budget less so. I would love to see parts of both countries, ie: Ngorongoro crater and Masai Mara, Tarangire or Amboseli, etc. Logistics of travel between countries being what they are, along with budget constraints ($4000-$4500pp), perhaps I should stick with one country and see more of it. Which one?
Since I don't know if I'll ever be back to the area, I hate to pass up an opportunity to see something amazing, like the migration or the crater or Olduvai Gorge.Should I focus on one country and add a 2-3 night trip to one place in the other? Besides Ngorongoro, what are the significant differences in the two countries, in terms of geography and wildlife viewing? Any advise is welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 2 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 3 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 4 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 5 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 6 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 7 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 8 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 9 Need feedback on my itinerary
- 10 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 11 Uganda Visa
- 12 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 13 Calculating Conservancy Fees - Kenya's Mara North
- 14 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 15 Fes or Marrakech?
- 16 Transfer at JNB airport
- 17 Egypt - Need Help!
- 18 Your Thoughts on 5 Days in Morocco in Beg Dec
- 19 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 20 Morrocco single traveler on group trip
- 21 Safety in Dubai airport night take a taxi
- 22 Adapter Plugs
- 23 NYE in Marrakech
- 24 Dead Sea
- 25 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit