I'm planning a trip to east Africa on or around Sept 22nd. I have about 2 weeks; days are flexible, budget less so. I would love to see parts of both countries, ie: Ngorongoro crater and Masai Mara, Tarangire or Amboseli, etc. Logistics of travel between countries being what they are, along with budget constraints ($4000-$4500pp), perhaps I should stick with one country and see more of it. Which one?
Since I don't know if I'll ever be back to the area, I hate to pass up an opportunity to see something amazing, like the migration or the crater or Olduvai Gorge.Should I focus on one country and add a 2-3 night trip to one place in the other? Besides Ngorongoro, what are the significant differences in the two countries, in terms of geography and wildlife viewing? Any advise is welcome.
September in Kenya or Tanzania or BOTH?
- 1 Safari Cost Comparison
- 2 Help! First African safari!!!
- 3 dubai for 5 days
- 4 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 5 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 6 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 7 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 8 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 9 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 10 Bugs n' Botswana
- 11 Group Trip to Israel
- 12 My Trip to Palestine
- 13 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 14 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 15 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 16 My trip to Egypt .....
- 17 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 18 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 19 Safari and Beach in June
- 20 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 21 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 22 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 23 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 24 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 25 Homestay Accomodation