I'm planning a trip to east Africa on or around Sept 22nd. I have about 2 weeks; days are flexible, budget less so. I would love to see parts of both countries, ie: Ngorongoro crater and Masai Mara, Tarangire or Amboseli, etc. Logistics of travel between countries being what they are, along with budget constraints ($4000-$4500pp), perhaps I should stick with one country and see more of it. Which one?
Since I don't know if I'll ever be back to the area, I hate to pass up an opportunity to see something amazing, like the migration or the crater or Olduvai Gorge.Should I focus on one country and add a 2-3 night trip to one place in the other? Besides Ngorongoro, what are the significant differences in the two countries, in terms of geography and wildlife viewing? Any advise is welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 2 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 3 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 4 Private Guide for Cairo
- 5 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 6 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 7 Texting from US to Israel
- 8 Itinerary Ideas
- 9 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 10 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 11 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 12 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 13 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 14 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 15 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 16 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 17 Passport pages stuck together
- 18 Self drive tour south africa
- 19 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 20 Tanzania-An organized trip or on our own?
- 21 Flight to italy then To Romani
- 22 Minor Children & Birth Certificates?
- 23 Duba activities - help deciding
- 24 Eilat
- 25 recommendations for AI islands