I'm planning a trip to east Africa on or around Sept 22nd. I have about 2 weeks; days are flexible, budget less so. I would love to see parts of both countries, ie: Ngorongoro crater and Masai Mara, Tarangire or Amboseli, etc. Logistics of travel between countries being what they are, along with budget constraints ($4000-$4500pp), perhaps I should stick with one country and see more of it. Which one?
Since I don't know if I'll ever be back to the area, I hate to pass up an opportunity to see something amazing, like the migration or the crater or Olduvai Gorge.Should I focus on one country and add a 2-3 night trip to one place in the other? Besides Ngorongoro, what are the significant differences in the two countries, in terms of geography and wildlife viewing? Any advise is welcome.
September in Kenya or Tanzania or BOTH?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Memory cards for camera
- 2 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 3 israel and petra
- 4 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 5 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 6 Israel and Petra
- 7 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 8 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 9 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 10 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 11 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 12 Morocco for 2 nights
- 13 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 14 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 15 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 16 Tanzania Safari
- 17 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 18 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 19 Magnificant Morocco
- 20 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 21 Hotels in Nairobi
- 22 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco
- 23 World Travel Expert
- 24 maputo beach resorts -- safer this year?
- 25 Deep sea fishing -Seychelles