just wondering if there are less challenging driving routes in Zambia that let you get a taste of luangwa park/livingstone/vic falls, without having to do a lot of rough driving. Just finished 2 weeks of self-drive in Namibia and loved the pacing/planning of doing it myself that way. Flying everywhere is just expensive and not an option, and I saw on this board that some others were doing a self-drive in Zambia. Any advice on where the easiest routes/roads would be is appreciated. This is VERY early planning stages, and thinking of going in september/october. I presume we would pick up a car in Lusaka? Livingstone? Not sure yet if we want a camping equipped vehicle, that is to be discussed. Just want to know if there is easier terrain than others, as far as route planning.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 2 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 3 Anyone had to disembark the aircraft in Dakar enroute to Jo'burg?
- 4 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 5 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 6 Morocco for 2 nights
- 7 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 8 MOROCCO SOLO
- 9 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 10 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 11 Looking for out of the way places
- 12 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 13 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 14 Tanzania Safari
- 15 Sabi Sands camps
- 16 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 17 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 18 trip report, morocco
- 19 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 20 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 21 East Africa summer 2014
- 22 Cape Town Safety?
- 23 first time family safari in August 2014
- 24 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 25 Memory cards for camera