just wondering if there are less challenging driving routes in Zambia that let you get a taste of luangwa park/livingstone/vic falls, without having to do a lot of rough driving. Just finished 2 weeks of self-drive in Namibia and loved the pacing/planning of doing it myself that way. Flying everywhere is just expensive and not an option, and I saw on this board that some others were doing a self-drive in Zambia. Any advice on where the easiest routes/roads would be is appreciated. This is VERY early planning stages, and thinking of going in september/october. I presume we would pick up a car in Lusaka? Livingstone? Not sure yet if we want a camping equipped vehicle, that is to be discussed. Just want to know if there is easier terrain than others, as far as route planning.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 2 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 3 Questions about Chobe
- 4 Morroco Travel Guide
- 5 One Day V.I.P Petra tour
- 6 Mouhoutours Adventures for a Desert Trip in Morocco !!
- 7 India
- 8 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 9 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 10 Ideas about the trip.
- 11 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 12 3 days in Teheran
- 13 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 14 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 15 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 16 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 17 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 18 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 19 What camera to use on safari
- 20 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 21 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 22 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 23 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 24 To go to Israel or not?
- 25 Bidair at JNB