just wondering if there are less challenging driving routes in Zambia that let you get a taste of luangwa park/livingstone/vic falls, without having to do a lot of rough driving. Just finished 2 weeks of self-drive in Namibia and loved the pacing/planning of doing it myself that way. Flying everywhere is just expensive and not an option, and I saw on this board that some others were doing a self-drive in Zambia. Any advice on where the easiest routes/roads would be is appreciated. This is VERY early planning stages, and thinking of going in september/october. I presume we would pick up a car in Lusaka? Livingstone? Not sure yet if we want a camping equipped vehicle, that is to be discussed. Just want to know if there is easier terrain than others, as far as route planning.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Car Rentals in Israel
- 2 Morocco to portugal
- 3 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 4 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 5 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 6 Independence Day in Israel
- 7 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 8 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 9 South Africa in February?
- 10 Drinking on safari
- 11 Travelust
- 12 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 13 Shots for Morocco
- 14 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 15 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 16 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 17 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 18 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 19 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 20 Thinking about The Gambia
- 21 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 22 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 23 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 24 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 25 “Extensive tour around Egypt in 36 Days”