just wondering if there are less challenging driving routes in Zambia that let you get a taste of luangwa park/livingstone/vic falls, without having to do a lot of rough driving. Just finished 2 weeks of self-drive in Namibia and loved the pacing/planning of doing it myself that way. Flying everywhere is just expensive and not an option, and I saw on this board that some others were doing a self-drive in Zambia. Any advice on where the easiest routes/roads would be is appreciated. This is VERY early planning stages, and thinking of going in september/october. I presume we would pick up a car in Lusaka? Livingstone? Not sure yet if we want a camping equipped vehicle, that is to be discussed. Just want to know if there is easier terrain than others, as far as route planning.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Quick question about Kenya..
- 2 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 3 Green Season Safari Questions
- 4 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 5 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 6 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 7 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 8 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 9 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 10 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 11 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 12 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 13 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 14 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 15 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 16 Uganda Travel Planning
- 17 Israel and Jordan
- 18 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 19 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 20 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 21 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 22 Northern Circuit tour company
- 23 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 24 Oman Trip Report
- 25 Family Itinerary - would welcome advice/opinion