just wondering if there are less challenging driving routes in Zambia that let you get a taste of luangwa park/livingstone/vic falls, without having to do a lot of rough driving. Just finished 2 weeks of self-drive in Namibia and loved the pacing/planning of doing it myself that way. Flying everywhere is just expensive and not an option, and I saw on this board that some others were doing a self-drive in Zambia. Any advice on where the easiest routes/roads would be is appreciated. This is VERY early planning stages, and thinking of going in september/october. I presume we would pick up a car in Lusaka? Livingstone? Not sure yet if we want a camping equipped vehicle, that is to be discussed. Just want to know if there is easier terrain than others, as far as route planning.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 India
- 2 Unforgettable moments in desert - Morocco Trip Report
- 3 Questions about Chobe
- 4 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 5 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 6 Ideas about the trip.
- 7 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 8 3 days in Teheran
- 9 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 10 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 11 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 12 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 13 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 14 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 15 What camera to use on safari
- 16 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 17 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 18 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 19 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 20 To go to Israel or not?
- 21 Bidair at JNB
- 22 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 23 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 24 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 25 Lamu or Zanzibar?