just wondering if there are less challenging driving routes in Zambia that let you get a taste of luangwa park/livingstone/vic falls, without having to do a lot of rough driving. Just finished 2 weeks of self-drive in Namibia and loved the pacing/planning of doing it myself that way. Flying everywhere is just expensive and not an option, and I saw on this board that some others were doing a self-drive in Zambia. Any advice on where the easiest routes/roads would be is appreciated. This is VERY early planning stages, and thinking of going in september/october. I presume we would pick up a car in Lusaka? Livingstone? Not sure yet if we want a camping equipped vehicle, that is to be discussed. Just want to know if there is easier terrain than others, as far as route planning.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco Trip Report
- 2 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 3 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 4 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 5 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 6 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 7 Car Rentals in Israel
- 8 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 9 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 10 Travelling with my elderly Mum to Jordan, Israel and PA
- 11 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 12 Hotel- 1 night in Doha
- 13 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 14 Johannesburg...?
- 15 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 16 How much time for Egyptian Museum of Antiquity
- 17 Recent Travel to Burkina Faso
- 18 Islands to spend holidays
- 19 Tanzania Itinerary Advice
- 20 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 21 Safari buddies - late August
- 22 Suggestions for a week in Dubai
- 23 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 24 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 25 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Help Please?!!...Or Book When I Get There?