just wondering if there are less challenging driving routes in Zambia that let you get a taste of luangwa park/livingstone/vic falls, without having to do a lot of rough driving. Just finished 2 weeks of self-drive in Namibia and loved the pacing/planning of doing it myself that way. Flying everywhere is just expensive and not an option, and I saw on this board that some others were doing a self-drive in Zambia. Any advice on where the easiest routes/roads would be is appreciated. This is VERY early planning stages, and thinking of going in september/october. I presume we would pick up a car in Lusaka? Livingstone? Not sure yet if we want a camping equipped vehicle, that is to be discussed. Just want to know if there is easier terrain than others, as far as route planning.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 2 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 3 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 4 Route 1+90 allowed with rental car?
- 5 Logistics on staying in a riad in the medina
- 6 Fly or Train from CMN to Fes/Marrakesh
- 7 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 8 Viator tour company
- 9 tours in Johannesburg
- 10 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 11 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 12 South African Cities
- 13 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 14 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 15 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 16 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 17 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 18 where to go in africa
- 19 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 20 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 21 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 22 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 23 Help with bags
- 24 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 25 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??