just wondering if there are less challenging driving routes in Zambia that let you get a taste of luangwa park/livingstone/vic falls, without having to do a lot of rough driving. Just finished 2 weeks of self-drive in Namibia and loved the pacing/planning of doing it myself that way. Flying everywhere is just expensive and not an option, and I saw on this board that some others were doing a self-drive in Zambia. Any advice on where the easiest routes/roads would be is appreciated. This is VERY early planning stages, and thinking of going in september/october. I presume we would pick up a car in Lusaka? Livingstone? Not sure yet if we want a camping equipped vehicle, that is to be discussed. Just want to know if there is easier terrain than others, as far as route planning.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 2 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 3 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 4 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 5 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 6 recomendation on African Safari company
- 7 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 8 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 9 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 10 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 11 One extra day in Jordan
- 12 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 13 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 14 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 15 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 16 Israel in Late October or November?
- 17 One month in Africa
- 18 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 19 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 20 Travel to Saudi Arabia
- 21 Snorkeling at Diani Beach
- 22 Madagascar - Books
- 23 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 24 Madagascar Driver/Lodging Question - Palmarium and Vakona
- 25 Amman to Dana