just wondering if there are less challenging driving routes in Zambia that let you get a taste of luangwa park/livingstone/vic falls, without having to do a lot of rough driving. Just finished 2 weeks of self-drive in Namibia and loved the pacing/planning of doing it myself that way. Flying everywhere is just expensive and not an option, and I saw on this board that some others were doing a self-drive in Zambia. Any advice on where the easiest routes/roads would be is appreciated. This is VERY early planning stages, and thinking of going in september/october. I presume we would pick up a car in Lusaka? Livingstone? Not sure yet if we want a camping equipped vehicle, that is to be discussed. Just want to know if there is easier terrain than others, as far as route planning.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Jordan tour operator !!
- 2 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 3 Good reads
- 4 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 5 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 6 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 7 South Africa in February?
- 8 Morocco Advice
- 9 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 10 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 11 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 12 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 13 3-week tour at Egypt
- 14 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 15 Beirut
- 16 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 17 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 18 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 19 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 20 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 21 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 22 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 23 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 24 I'm going on safari for free!
- 25 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013