just wondering if there are less challenging driving routes in Zambia that let you get a taste of luangwa park/livingstone/vic falls, without having to do a lot of rough driving. Just finished 2 weeks of self-drive in Namibia and loved the pacing/planning of doing it myself that way. Flying everywhere is just expensive and not an option, and I saw on this board that some others were doing a self-drive in Zambia. Any advice on where the easiest routes/roads would be is appreciated. This is VERY early planning stages, and thinking of going in september/october. I presume we would pick up a car in Lusaka? Livingstone? Not sure yet if we want a camping equipped vehicle, that is to be discussed. Just want to know if there is easier terrain than others, as far as route planning.
- 1 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 2 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 3 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 4 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 5 Clothes in Uganda
- 6 Visit Gorilas in Uganda
- 7 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 8 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 9 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 10 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 11 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 12 Homestay Accomodation
- 13 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 14 Selous game reserve
- 15 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 16 Safari and Beach in June
- 17 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 18 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 19 Group Trip to Israel
- 20 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 21 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 22 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 23 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.
- 24 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 25 Exciting places in Dubai??