just wondering if there are less challenging driving routes in Zambia that let you get a taste of luangwa park/livingstone/vic falls, without having to do a lot of rough driving. Just finished 2 weeks of self-drive in Namibia and loved the pacing/planning of doing it myself that way. Flying everywhere is just expensive and not an option, and I saw on this board that some others were doing a self-drive in Zambia. Any advice on where the easiest routes/roads would be is appreciated. This is VERY early planning stages, and thinking of going in september/october. I presume we would pick up a car in Lusaka? Livingstone? Not sure yet if we want a camping equipped vehicle, that is to be discussed. Just want to know if there is easier terrain than others, as far as route planning.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town, Safari + Victoria Falls
- 2 Tour to Morocco
- 3 Kenya - Tanzania Budget Tours
- 4 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 5 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 6 Morrocco and Cash
- 7 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 8 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 9 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 10 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 11 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 12 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 13 South Africa trip advices
- 14 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 15 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 16 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 17 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 18 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 19 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 20 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 21 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 22 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 23 First time in Africa on safari
- 24 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 25 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience