just wondering if there are less challenging driving routes in Zambia that let you get a taste of luangwa park/livingstone/vic falls, without having to do a lot of rough driving. Just finished 2 weeks of self-drive in Namibia and loved the pacing/planning of doing it myself that way. Flying everywhere is just expensive and not an option, and I saw on this board that some others were doing a self-drive in Zambia. Any advice on where the easiest routes/roads would be is appreciated. This is VERY early planning stages, and thinking of going in september/october. I presume we would pick up a car in Lusaka? Livingstone? Not sure yet if we want a camping equipped vehicle, that is to be discussed. Just want to know if there is easier terrain than others, as far as route planning.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 African Safari
- 2 South Africa safari, Cape town self drive trip plan- many questions
- 3 How to spend four nights in Morocco
- 4 Touring Morocco alone for a few days? (fez & marrekech)
- 5 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 6 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 7 FIRST South Africa's trip might be brought to us by You
- 8 Please give your preferences on these two private Lodges
- 9 Insurance Coverage while in Egypt
- 10 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 11 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 12 Is the migration early this year
- 13 EXCURSION - HAIFA to YAD VASHEM
- 14 Cape Town Itinerary
- 15 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 16 Hotel suggestions in Cape Town
- 17 Tangier (Tanger) Ville railway station
- 18 Madagascar - your tips please
- 19 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 20 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 21 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 22 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 23 Burj Khalifa, pre-book or not?
- 24 Road To Morocco Tours
- 25 Magnificant Morocco