just wondering if there are less challenging driving routes in Zambia that let you get a taste of luangwa park/livingstone/vic falls, without having to do a lot of rough driving. Just finished 2 weeks of self-drive in Namibia and loved the pacing/planning of doing it myself that way. Flying everywhere is just expensive and not an option, and I saw on this board that some others were doing a self-drive in Zambia. Any advice on where the easiest routes/roads would be is appreciated. This is VERY early planning stages, and thinking of going in september/october. I presume we would pick up a car in Lusaka? Livingstone? Not sure yet if we want a camping equipped vehicle, that is to be discussed. Just want to know if there is easier terrain than others, as far as route planning.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 first time family safari in August 2014
- 2 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 3 Memory cards for camera
- 4 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 5 Cape Town Safety?
- 6 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 7 Sabi Sands camps
- 8 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 9 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 10 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 11 Help with Rwanda trip
- 12 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 13 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 14 Tel Aviv beaches
- 15 trip report, morocco
- 16 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 17 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 18 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 19 Morocco for 2 nights
- 20 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 21 Hotels in Nairobi
- 22 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 23 Rwanda trip report
- 24 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 25 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary