just wondering if there are less challenging driving routes in Zambia that let you get a taste of luangwa park/livingstone/vic falls, without having to do a lot of rough driving. Just finished 2 weeks of self-drive in Namibia and loved the pacing/planning of doing it myself that way. Flying everywhere is just expensive and not an option, and I saw on this board that some others were doing a self-drive in Zambia. Any advice on where the easiest routes/roads would be is appreciated. This is VERY early planning stages, and thinking of going in september/october. I presume we would pick up a car in Lusaka? Livingstone? Not sure yet if we want a camping equipped vehicle, that is to be discussed. Just want to know if there is easier terrain than others, as far as route planning.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Leaf Leopards & Stone Lions: Kamping in Kruger
- 2 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 3 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
- 4 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 5 Self drive tour south africa
- 6 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 7 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 8 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 9 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 10 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 11 Duba activities - help deciding
- 12 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 13 Private Guide for Cairo
- 14 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 15 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 16 Texting from US to Israel
- 17 Itinerary Ideas
- 18 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 19 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 20 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 21 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 22 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 23 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 24 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 25 Passport pages stuck together