just wondering if there are less challenging driving routes in Zambia that let you get a taste of luangwa park/livingstone/vic falls, without having to do a lot of rough driving. Just finished 2 weeks of self-drive in Namibia and loved the pacing/planning of doing it myself that way. Flying everywhere is just expensive and not an option, and I saw on this board that some others were doing a self-drive in Zambia. Any advice on where the easiest routes/roads would be is appreciated. This is VERY early planning stages, and thinking of going in september/october. I presume we would pick up a car in Lusaka? Livingstone? Not sure yet if we want a camping equipped vehicle, that is to be discussed. Just want to know if there is easier terrain than others, as far as route planning.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 2 What is worth seeing in November?
- 3 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 4 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 5 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 6 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 7 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 8 Israeli Tour Guides
- 9 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 10 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 11 Masai Mara in May
- 12 Western Desert Itinerary
- 13 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 14 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 15 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 16 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 17 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 18 Trip to Merzouga
- 19 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
- 20 Uganda Visa
- 21 Border crossing (Bots-Zim-Zam)
- 22 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 23 Which one for safari: Bulele or Sabi Sands at Kruger - South Africa?
- 24 Help choosing Game Reserves in Kruger National Park, SouthAfrica
- 25 Purchase Tanzanite in Arusha/Tanzania