just wondering if there are less challenging driving routes in Zambia that let you get a taste of luangwa park/livingstone/vic falls, without having to do a lot of rough driving. Just finished 2 weeks of self-drive in Namibia and loved the pacing/planning of doing it myself that way. Flying everywhere is just expensive and not an option, and I saw on this board that some others were doing a self-drive in Zambia. Any advice on where the easiest routes/roads would be is appreciated. This is VERY early planning stages, and thinking of going in september/october. I presume we would pick up a car in Lusaka? Livingstone? Not sure yet if we want a camping equipped vehicle, that is to be discussed. Just want to know if there is easier terrain than others, as far as route planning.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Best Airline/Route from US to Rwanda & Kenya
- 2 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 3 botswana, zimbabwe/zambia trip advice
- 4 Tour Operator/Vendor for safari planning suggestions?
- 5 short report: the wonderful gambia
- 6 Safari on a budget!
- 7 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 8 Is this too ambitious for a trip to Africa?
- 9 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 10 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 11 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 12 Things to see in Dubai
- 13 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 14 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 15 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 16 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 17 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 18 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 19 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 20 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 21 Tips for Israel
- 22 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 23 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 24 Road To Morocco Tours
- 25 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco