just wondering if there are less challenging driving routes in Zambia that let you get a taste of luangwa park/livingstone/vic falls, without having to do a lot of rough driving. Just finished 2 weeks of self-drive in Namibia and loved the pacing/planning of doing it myself that way. Flying everywhere is just expensive and not an option, and I saw on this board that some others were doing a self-drive in Zambia. Any advice on where the easiest routes/roads would be is appreciated. This is VERY early planning stages, and thinking of going in september/october. I presume we would pick up a car in Lusaka? Livingstone? Not sure yet if we want a camping equipped vehicle, that is to be discussed. Just want to know if there is easier terrain than others, as far as route planning.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 2 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 3 Morocco Questions
- 4 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 5 Botswana in January
- 6 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 7 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 8 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 9 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 10 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 11 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 12 Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017
- 13 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 14 Done with tourist activity/ two fully free solo days
- 15 2 days i n JO'burg
- 16 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA
- 17 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 18 Jnb to Vic Falls cheap
- 19 Zambia HELP!
- 20 Israel in January
- 21 Morocco touring from Agadir
- 22 Imilchil marriage festival 2016 in Morocco
- 23 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 24 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 25 Guidance on Single Supplement Fess