just wondering if there are less challenging driving routes in Zambia that let you get a taste of luangwa park/livingstone/vic falls, without having to do a lot of rough driving. Just finished 2 weeks of self-drive in Namibia and loved the pacing/planning of doing it myself that way. Flying everywhere is just expensive and not an option, and I saw on this board that some others were doing a self-drive in Zambia. Any advice on where the easiest routes/roads would be is appreciated. This is VERY early planning stages, and thinking of going in september/october. I presume we would pick up a car in Lusaka? Livingstone? Not sure yet if we want a camping equipped vehicle, that is to be discussed. Just want to know if there is easier terrain than others, as far as route planning.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 https://myevent.com/ahsS6E3
- 2 Uganda Visa
- 3 Uganda Trip Report
- 4 Uganda Visit - A beautiful Country
- 5 First Sight at the Half the World-Iran
- 6 South Africa Adventure Activities - Help Needed
- 7 Trip Report: June, 2016 S. Africa, Zambia and Malawi
- 8 Marrakech Itinerary - Desert or Atlas?
- 9 Trip to Petra
- 10 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 11 Cape Town -safety
- 12 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice Needed - Mid-May 2017
- 13 Trip to Merzouga
- 14 Any advise on travelling in Morocco
- 15 Swaziland in January
- 16 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 17 good internet connection option Meknes
- 18 Overnight train from Fez to Marrakesh
- 19 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 20 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 21 Safari - March 2017 Timbavati vs. Sabi Sands
- 22 Pictures & Trip Report - Self-drive: South Africa & Namibia 2008
- 23 Tanzania Safari with OAT
- 24 what size ll bean adventure duffle for safari
- 25 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!