just wondering if there are less challenging driving routes in Zambia that let you get a taste of luangwa park/livingstone/vic falls, without having to do a lot of rough driving. Just finished 2 weeks of self-drive in Namibia and loved the pacing/planning of doing it myself that way. Flying everywhere is just expensive and not an option, and I saw on this board that some others were doing a self-drive in Zambia. Any advice on where the easiest routes/roads would be is appreciated. This is VERY early planning stages, and thinking of going in september/october. I presume we would pick up a car in Lusaka? Livingstone? Not sure yet if we want a camping equipped vehicle, that is to be discussed. Just want to know if there is easier terrain than others, as far as route planning.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 reviews entails many vitamin
- 2 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 3 Morocco Questions
- 4 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 5 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 6 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 7 Botswana safari recs
- 8 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 9 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 10 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 11 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 12 Botswana in January
- 13 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 14 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 15 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 16 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 17 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 18 Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017
- 19 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 20 Done with tourist activity/ two fully free solo days
- 21 2 days i n JO'burg
- 22 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA
- 23 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 24 Jnb to Vic Falls cheap
- 25 Zambia HELP!