We are planning to do a 20 days safari this summer in Tanzania and probably northern Mozambique. According to the experience of some friends who did it two years ago we are not afraid for selfdriving in Africa as we have done before in different countries in West Africa. Currently my concern is to find a proper Car rental Agency providing cars in good conditions in Dar es Salaam, accepting self driving and offering reasonable prices. After checking many different companies we are almost decided to choose www.lakelandafrica.com They offer us a Land Cruiser year 2009 for 130 USD day, including all taxes, insurance and 150 kms per day. They seem to be very professional and also provide good tips about the roads, campings, accommodation. Does anybody knows this company? Does anybody knows a reliable company in Dar es Salaam renting self drive 4x4? I would appreciate any info. Thanks a lot
Self drive safari Tanzania
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Ideas about the trip.
- 2 3 days in Teheran
- 3 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 4 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 5 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 6 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 7 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 8 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 9 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 10 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 11 Questions about Chobe
- 12 What camera to use on safari
- 13 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 14 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 15 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 16 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 17 To go to Israel or not?
- 18 Bidair at JNB
- 19 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 20 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 21 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 22 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 23 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 24 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 25 Dubai > Oman?