We are planning to do a 20 days safari this summer in Tanzania and probably northern Mozambique. According to the experience of some friends who did it two years ago we are not afraid for selfdriving in Africa as we have done before in different countries in West Africa. Currently my concern is to find a proper Car rental Agency providing cars in good conditions in Dar es Salaam, accepting self driving and offering reasonable prices. After checking many different companies we are almost decided to choose www.lakelandafrica.com They offer us a Land Cruiser year 2009 for 130 USD day, including all taxes, insurance and 150 kms per day. They seem to be very professional and also provide good tips about the roads, campings, accommodation. Does anybody knows this company? Does anybody knows a reliable company in Dar es Salaam renting self drive 4x4? I would appreciate any info. Thanks a lot
Self drive safari Tanzania
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 2 Questions about Chobe
- 3 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 4 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 5 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 6 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 7 To go to Israel or not?
- 8 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 9 Dubai > Oman?
- 10 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 11 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 12 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 13 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 14 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 15 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 16 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 17 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 18 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 19 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 20 Awesome trip and still not done
- 21 South Africa
- 22 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 23 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience
- 24 Private Conservancy Recommendations
- 25 Jordanesert,Rose City, Fabulous views,Unearthly landscapes.