The past 2 years my partner and I have done self-drive safaris in South Africa. I would like to go back, however he is interested in doing something similiar but in another country. What we have done in the past is rent a car and stay in one of the national rest camps, cooking our own meals mostly and sleeping in a bungalow or tent with private bathrooms. I have done a lot of reading and haven't seen anything similiar for the price we have been paying in SA (about 80 euro a night total for 2 people plus about 25 Euro a night for the car, plus park fees but already have a Wild Card for this). Any ideas ? I could give up the private bathroom from time to time for shared facilities if necessary but I have a hard time with the idea of a spade/hole setup. The trip is for end of April 2013 for about 3 weeks. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Fodor's Survey
- 2 Durban - where to stay for one night
- 3 Where to stay in Masai Mara and best side trip?
- 4 Single traveler
- 5 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 6 Where to stay in the Masai Mara?
- 7 Bus / minibus J'burg - Lesotho
- 8 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 9 6 nights in Masai Mara or Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru?
- 10 Morocco Highlights
- 11 Uganda Trip Report
- 12 Money in Uganda
- 13 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 14 VISA for Mozambique
- 15 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 16 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 17 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 18 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 19 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 20 Best African Safari
- 21 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 22 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 23 beach visit after safari
- 24 Petra Wadi Rum
- 25 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!