The past 2 years my partner and I have done self-drive safaris in South Africa. I would like to go back, however he is interested in doing something similiar but in another country. What we have done in the past is rent a car and stay in one of the national rest camps, cooking our own meals mostly and sleeping in a bungalow or tent with private bathrooms. I have done a lot of reading and haven't seen anything similiar for the price we have been paying in SA (about 80 euro a night total for 2 people plus about 25 Euro a night for the car, plus park fees but already have a Wild Card for this). Any ideas ? I could give up the private bathroom from time to time for shared facilities if necessary but I have a hard time with the idea of a spade/hole setup. The trip is for end of April 2013 for about 3 weeks. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Namibia Itinerary
- 2 First safari- what to wear? Gifts for locals?
- 3 Israel for 10 days
- 4 Tanzania - first trip - many questions.
- 5 Rental Car Rabat Airport
- 6 14-16 day visit to South Africa
- 7 experiences with African travel Resource
- 8 name issue
- 9 3 days in Jo'Burg
- 10 Madagascar suggestions
- 11 Travelling to Atlas mountains
- 12 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 13 First time in Southafrica - Suggested itinerary
- 14 Seven day solo trip to Morocco
- 15 East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya
- 16 4 weeks in South Africa ideas
- 17 only private conservancies or can i add in a national park
- 18 Single traveler
- 19 Should I visit Vamizi Island again?
- 20 Liquids Restrictions - South Africa to Zimbabwe
- 21 Morocco & Spain with Kidos!
- 22 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 23 My Magical Southern African Photography Safari: A Trip Report
- 24 morocco help please
- 25 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!