The past 2 years my partner and I have done self-drive safaris in South Africa. I would like to go back, however he is interested in doing something similiar but in another country. What we have done in the past is rent a car and stay in one of the national rest camps, cooking our own meals mostly and sleeping in a bungalow or tent with private bathrooms. I have done a lot of reading and haven't seen anything similiar for the price we have been paying in SA (about 80 euro a night total for 2 people plus about 25 Euro a night for the car, plus park fees but already have a Wild Card for this). Any ideas ? I could give up the private bathroom from time to time for shared facilities if necessary but I have a hard time with the idea of a spade/hole setup. The trip is for end of April 2013 for about 3 weeks. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 2 Trip to Rwanda and Congo (Brazzaville)
- 3 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 4 Magnificant Morocco
- 5 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 6 Custom Morocco guide recommendations requested
- 7 Need help with Israel Itinerary
- 8 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 9 Anyone stayed at Mosetlha Camp in Madikwe?
- 10 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 11 Pulse Africa???
- 12 Please help! Sabi Sands or Hluhluwe-imfolozi
- 13 Safari luggage
- 14 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 15 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 16 Morocco Trip Report
- 17 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 18 Car Rentals in Israel
- 19 Walia Tours?
- 20 Moving Around Safari Lodges in Sabi Sands
- 21 Kruger
- 22 Recommendaton for Transfer Company
- 23 Cape Town Itinerary
- 24 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 25 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?