The past 2 years my partner and I have done self-drive safaris in South Africa. I would like to go back, however he is interested in doing something similiar but in another country. What we have done in the past is rent a car and stay in one of the national rest camps, cooking our own meals mostly and sleeping in a bungalow or tent with private bathrooms. I have done a lot of reading and haven't seen anything similiar for the price we have been paying in SA (about 80 euro a night total for 2 people plus about 25 Euro a night for the car, plus park fees but already have a Wild Card for this). Any ideas ? I could give up the private bathroom from time to time for shared facilities if necessary but I have a hard time with the idea of a spade/hole setup. The trip is for end of April 2013 for about 3 weeks. Thanks in advance.
Self-drive safari ideas, but not South Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco in April 2014
- 2 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 3 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 4 Hotels in Nairobi
- 5 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 6 Uganda Travel Planning
- 7 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 8 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 9 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 10 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 11 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 12 Green Season Safari Questions
- 13 Novice Safari question
- 14 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 15 Quick question about Kenya..
- 16 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 17 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 18 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 19 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 20 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 21 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 22 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 23 Israel and Jordan
- 24 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 25 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant