The past 2 years my partner and I have done self-drive safaris in South Africa. I would like to go back, however he is interested in doing something similiar but in another country. What we have done in the past is rent a car and stay in one of the national rest camps, cooking our own meals mostly and sleeping in a bungalow or tent with private bathrooms. I have done a lot of reading and haven't seen anything similiar for the price we have been paying in SA (about 80 euro a night total for 2 people plus about 25 Euro a night for the car, plus park fees but already have a Wild Card for this). Any ideas ? I could give up the private bathroom from time to time for shared facilities if necessary but I have a hard time with the idea of a spade/hole setup. The trip is for end of April 2013 for about 3 weeks. Thanks in advance.
Self-drive safari ideas, but not South Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 2 Looking for child friendly self catering house in Cape Town in March 2015
- 3 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 4 Ebola and Morocco
- 5 Thompson Gazelle
- 6 Overland in West Africa
- 7 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 8 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 9 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 10 Cape Town, Safari + Victoria Falls
- 11 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 12 Morrocco and Cash
- 13 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 14 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 15 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 16 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 17 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 18 South Africa trip advices
- 19 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 20 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 21 Tour to Morocco
- 22 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 23 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 24 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 25 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon