The past 2 years my partner and I have done self-drive safaris in South Africa. I would like to go back, however he is interested in doing something similiar but in another country. What we have done in the past is rent a car and stay in one of the national rest camps, cooking our own meals mostly and sleeping in a bungalow or tent with private bathrooms. I have done a lot of reading and haven't seen anything similiar for the price we have been paying in SA (about 80 euro a night total for 2 people plus about 25 Euro a night for the car, plus park fees but already have a Wild Card for this). Any ideas ? I could give up the private bathroom from time to time for shared facilities if necessary but I have a hard time with the idea of a spade/hole setup. The trip is for end of April 2013 for about 3 weeks. Thanks in advance.
Self-drive safari ideas, but not South Africa
- 1 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 2 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 3 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 4 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 5 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 6 Clothes in Uganda
- 7 Visit Gorilas in Uganda
- 8 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 9 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 10 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 11 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 12 Homestay Accomodation
- 13 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 14 Selous game reserve
- 15 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 16 Safari and Beach in June
- 17 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 18 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 19 Group Trip to Israel
- 20 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 21 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 22 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 23 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.
- 24 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 25 Exciting places in Dubai??