The past 2 years my partner and I have done self-drive safaris in South Africa. I would like to go back, however he is interested in doing something similiar but in another country. What we have done in the past is rent a car and stay in one of the national rest camps, cooking our own meals mostly and sleeping in a bungalow or tent with private bathrooms. I have done a lot of reading and haven't seen anything similiar for the price we have been paying in SA (about 80 euro a night total for 2 people plus about 25 Euro a night for the car, plus park fees but already have a Wild Card for this). Any ideas ? I could give up the private bathroom from time to time for shared facilities if necessary but I have a hard time with the idea of a spade/hole setup. The trip is for end of April 2013 for about 3 weeks. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Widerness Lodges
- 2 Affidavit document for sole parent traveling to SA with child
- 3 Nairobi, where to stay
- 4 Two Nights in Tangiers
- 5 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 6 Help plan African Safari
- 7 Trip Insurance for Africa Trip
- 8 Help planning a first safari on a budget?
- 9 Tipping on Safari
- 10 Cape Town
- 11 THE PANORAMA ROUTE
- 12 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 13 Cape Town -safety
- 14 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 15 SA itin review
- 16 Botswana safari in late November
- 17 Ferry to Morocco
- 18 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 19 Dubai (DXB) - New Business Lounges
- 20 Morocco 8 nights Dec trip ideas
- 21 Aug 17 Botswana itinerary help
- 22 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 23 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 24 Do no use Sunrise Eco Tours - Rwanda\Uganda
- 25 Safe to Travel to Morocco