The past 2 years my partner and I have done self-drive safaris in South Africa. I would like to go back, however he is interested in doing something similiar but in another country. What we have done in the past is rent a car and stay in one of the national rest camps, cooking our own meals mostly and sleeping in a bungalow or tent with private bathrooms. I have done a lot of reading and haven't seen anything similiar for the price we have been paying in SA (about 80 euro a night total for 2 people plus about 25 Euro a night for the car, plus park fees but already have a Wild Card for this). Any ideas ? I could give up the private bathroom from time to time for shared facilities if necessary but I have a hard time with the idea of a spade/hole setup. The trip is for end of April 2013 for about 3 weeks. Thanks in advance.
Self-drive safari ideas, but not South Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 africa+91-9001992787 love marriage specialist babaji
- 2 ??<><><+91-9001992787~~L~o~v~e~ problem solution~baba ji
- 3 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 4 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 5 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 6 Safari on a budget!
- 7 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 8 Tips for Israel
- 9 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 10 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 11 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 12 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 13 Road To Morocco Tours
- 14 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 15 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 16 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 17 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 18 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 19 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 20 Rwanda
- 21 Egypt safe travel
- 22 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 23 Zambia Impressions
- 24 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 25 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi