The past 2 years my partner and I have done self-drive safaris in South Africa. I would like to go back, however he is interested in doing something similiar but in another country. What we have done in the past is rent a car and stay in one of the national rest camps, cooking our own meals mostly and sleeping in a bungalow or tent with private bathrooms. I have done a lot of reading and haven't seen anything similiar for the price we have been paying in SA (about 80 euro a night total for 2 people plus about 25 Euro a night for the car, plus park fees but already have a Wild Card for this). Any ideas ? I could give up the private bathroom from time to time for shared facilities if necessary but I have a hard time with the idea of a spade/hole setup. The trip is for end of April 2013 for about 3 weeks. Thanks in advance.
Self-drive safari ideas, but not South Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 2 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 3 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 4 Kenya safari tour/cost
- 5 Durban / Hluhluwe / Ponta Mamoli (Mozambique) / Mkuze Falls Itinerary
- 6 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 7 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 8 Cape Town Trip
- 9 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 10 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 11 New exit tax when departing Tunisia
- 12 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 13 Eight days in Israel--What did I miss?
- 14 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 15 What a wonderful holiday in Kenya!!
- 16 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 17 Eilat to Petra
- 18 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 19 Private driver for one day from Agadir?
- 20 Safaga activités
- 21 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 22 12 hours layover in Cairo
- 23 Jordan vacation
- 24 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 25 Tipping for a hot air balloon safari?