I am looking to visit South Africa in September/October. We are debating between going with a private reserve or self-drive at KNP. What would you recommend? Basically, what is the difference between going on a safari on a private reserve versus self-driving in KNP (other than the cost, driving yourself)....is there more to see with one or the other?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 2 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
- 3 Flight or take a jeep transfer from Nairobi to Masai Mara?
- 4 Zanzibar
- 5 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 6 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 7 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 8 Trip Report: Leaf Leopards & Stone Lions: Kamping in Kruger
- 9 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 10 Self drive tour south africa
- 11 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 12 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 13 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 14 Duba activities - help deciding
- 15 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 16 Private Guide for Cairo
- 17 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 18 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 19 Texting from US to Israel
- 20 Itinerary Ideas
- 21 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 22 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 23 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 24 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 25 first family kenyan safari trip report