We booked a trip to Zimbabwe months ago, when this year's election dates were still in flux. Now they are due to occur July 31, and we are supposed to be there from apx July 19-July 24.
Should we be terribly concerned? We are flying into Lusaka in preparation for a canoe trip on the Zambezi river, so we are not flying into Harare. Anything we can do to ensure our safety beyond the obvious cautionary measures we take right here at home?
Also, I believe I'm correct in bringing only US dollars for tips while on safari. What about small incidentals? ie food, drinks, small souvenirs?
Thank you! Our trip is nearly here after months of planning!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Western Desert Itinerary
- 2 Masai Mara in May
- 3 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 4 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 5 What is worth seeing in November?
- 6 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 7 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 8 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 9 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 10 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 11 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 12 Trip to Merzouga
- 13 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
- 14 Uganda Visa
- 15 Border crossing (Bots-Zim-Zam)
- 16 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 17 Which one for safari: Bulele or Sabi Sands at Kruger - South Africa?
- 18 Help choosing Game Reserves in Kruger National Park, SouthAfrica
- 19 Purchase Tanzanite in Arusha/Tanzania
- 20 Marrakech Itinerary - Desert or Atlas?
- 21 safari private lodges - % off rack rates
- 22 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 23 Amazing Kenya - a must visit
- 24 beach visit after safari
- 25 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?