We booked a trip to Zimbabwe months ago, when this year's election dates were still in flux. Now they are due to occur July 31, and we are supposed to be there from apx July 19-July 24.
Should we be terribly concerned? We are flying into Lusaka in preparation for a canoe trip on the Zambezi river, so we are not flying into Harare. Anything we can do to ensure our safety beyond the obvious cautionary measures we take right here at home?
Also, I believe I'm correct in bringing only US dollars for tips while on safari. What about small incidentals? ie food, drinks, small souvenirs?
Thank you! Our trip is nearly here after months of planning!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Keranique Hybrid
- 2 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 3 South Africa trip report
- 4 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 5 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 6 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 7 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 8 Mombasa recomendations please
- 9 Private tours in Morocco
- 10 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 11 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 12 First time to Africa-need help!
- 13 How do I know if a company is legit
- 14 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 15 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 16 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 17 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 18 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 19 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 20 Ethiopian security
- 21 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 22 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 23 morocco
- 24 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 25 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit