We booked a trip to Zimbabwe months ago, when this year's election dates were still in flux. Now they are due to occur July 31, and we are supposed to be there from apx July 19-July 24.
Should we be terribly concerned? We are flying into Lusaka in preparation for a canoe trip on the Zambezi river, so we are not flying into Harare. Anything we can do to ensure our safety beyond the obvious cautionary measures we take right here at home?
Also, I believe I'm correct in bringing only US dollars for tips while on safari. What about small incidentals? ie food, drinks, small souvenirs?
Thank you! Our trip is nearly here after months of planning!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco in October 2015
- 2 Planned Itinerary and Questions-Morocco, April 2016
- 3 Remembering Palmyra
- 4 Morocco - 11 nights - comments on itinerary
- 5 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 6 Morocco Trip Report
- 7 Egypt - December 2008 - Trip Report
- 8 First Trip to Africa
- 9 Short (7 days of less) four/five star level family safari
- 10 Naboisho Camp vs. Governor's Camp
- 11 Cote Divoire the heart of Africa
- 12 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 13 African Safari Without Small Planes!
- 14 Anyone have experience with Rothschild Safaris?
- 15 Umkumbe or Toro Yaka?
- 16 What a great idea!! Make a difference.
- 17 From Downtown Cairo to 10th ramdan city
- 18 Transit visa
- 19 Local Tanzania companies
- 20 Driver from Skukuza Airport to Sabi Sands
- 21 Need itineary planning help
- 22 Israel for 60 year olds
- 23 Dubai Trip Idea
- 24 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 25 Tanzania trip Advice