We booked a trip to Zimbabwe months ago, when this year's election dates were still in flux. Now they are due to occur July 31, and we are supposed to be there from apx July 19-July 24.
Should we be terribly concerned? We are flying into Lusaka in preparation for a canoe trip on the Zambezi river, so we are not flying into Harare. Anything we can do to ensure our safety beyond the obvious cautionary measures we take right here at home?
Also, I believe I'm correct in bringing only US dollars for tips while on safari. What about small incidentals? ie food, drinks, small souvenirs?
Thank you! Our trip is nearly here after months of planning!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Israel itinerary
- 2 Connection Time from the US to CPT from JNB?
- 3 Will you send my son a postcard?
- 4 Two Safari questions--one photography and one about gratuities
- 5 Wondering how much US Dollars to change to Kenyan Shillings?
- 6 Safari photography help
- 7 20 days, Family who loves Adventure, over the Holidays
- 8 Travel within Africa
- 9 Last minute invite to Kenya - need reasonablebSafari tour operators
- 10 Flights to Uganda & Kenya
- 11 Why no mention of the beautuful lion...
- 12 Namibia--fly-in or guided drive?
- 13 Best time to visit 2016 -
- 14 Can Anyone Say Anything Positive About Ethiopia Air?
- 15 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 16 Tanzania trip Advice
- 17 day trip fes to chefchaouen
- 18 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 19 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 20 1st time Africa: Zambezi Rafting & more - what do I need to know?
- 21 el gouna or soma bay????
- 22 Morocco - Chefchaouen, Ait Benhaddou
- 23 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra
- 24 Malawi with kiddos
- 25 Porini Mara & Porini Lion in October 2016