We booked a trip to Zimbabwe months ago, when this year's election dates were still in flux. Now they are due to occur July 31, and we are supposed to be there from apx July 19-July 24.
Should we be terribly concerned? We are flying into Lusaka in preparation for a canoe trip on the Zambezi river, so we are not flying into Harare. Anything we can do to ensure our safety beyond the obvious cautionary measures we take right here at home?
Also, I believe I'm correct in bringing only US dollars for tips while on safari. What about small incidentals? ie food, drinks, small souvenirs?
Thank you! Our trip is nearly here after months of planning!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://realcoloncleansingworks.com/alucia-cream-reviews/
- 2 USS $ or RAN in South Africa
- 3 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 4 Single traveler
- 5 Logistics on staying in a riad in the medina
- 6 Route 1+90 allowed with rental car?
- 7 Fly or Train from CMN to Fes/Marrakesh
- 8 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 9 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 10 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 11 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 12 Viator tour company
- 13 tours in Johannesburg
- 14 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 15 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 16 South African Cities
- 17 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 18 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 19 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 20 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 21 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 22 where to go in africa
- 23 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 24 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 25 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch