We booked a trip to Zimbabwe months ago, when this year's election dates were still in flux. Now they are due to occur July 31, and we are supposed to be there from apx July 19-July 24.
Should we be terribly concerned? We are flying into Lusaka in preparation for a canoe trip on the Zambezi river, so we are not flying into Harare. Anything we can do to ensure our safety beyond the obvious cautionary measures we take right here at home?
Also, I believe I'm correct in bringing only US dollars for tips while on safari. What about small incidentals? ie food, drinks, small souvenirs?
Thank you! Our trip is nearly here after months of planning!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 mozilla Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 mozilla Tec*h car*e 24/7
- 2 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 3 Morocco Trip Report
- 4 Current Recs for Driver/Guide in Morocco
- 5 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 6 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 7 Cape Town & wine country in July? Help...
- 8 11 days Jordan and Israel...need help with planning
- 9 Safety issues driving the Garden Route in South Africa?
- 10 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 11 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 12 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 13 Marrakech
- 14 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 15 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 16 Abu Dhabi overnight stay
- 17 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 18 Audley Travel
- 19 Can "European" plugs be used in South Africa?
- 20 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 21 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 22 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 23 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 24 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 25 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.