We booked a trip to Zimbabwe months ago, when this year's election dates were still in flux. Now they are due to occur July 31, and we are supposed to be there from apx July 19-July 24.
Should we be terribly concerned? We are flying into Lusaka in preparation for a canoe trip on the Zambezi river, so we are not flying into Harare. Anything we can do to ensure our safety beyond the obvious cautionary measures we take right here at home?
Also, I believe I'm correct in bringing only US dollars for tips while on safari. What about small incidentals? ie food, drinks, small souvenirs?
Thank you! Our trip is nearly here after months of planning!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 2 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 3 Pulse Africa???
- 4 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 5 Kruger
- 6 Car Rentals in Israel
- 7 Morocco to Tel Aviv --flights
- 8 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 9 Uganda Trip Report
- 10 Eastern Cape Safari?
- 11 itinerary any ideas?
- 12 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 13 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 14 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 15 Anybody used Classic Africa to plan a safari?
- 16 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 17 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 18 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 19 Safari buddies - late August
- 20 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 21 Dennis's Trip Report: Caprivi Strip, Vic Falls and Hwange Park, Zimbabwe
- 22 Morocco Trip Report
- 23 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 24 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 25 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!