We booked a trip to Zimbabwe months ago, when this year's election dates were still in flux. Now they are due to occur July 31, and we are supposed to be there from apx July 19-July 24.
Should we be terribly concerned? We are flying into Lusaka in preparation for a canoe trip on the Zambezi river, so we are not flying into Harare. Anything we can do to ensure our safety beyond the obvious cautionary measures we take right here at home?
Also, I believe I'm correct in bringing only US dollars for tips while on safari. What about small incidentals? ie food, drinks, small souvenirs?
Thank you! Our trip is nearly here after months of planning!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 charter@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tech SUPP0RT CARE *
- 2 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 3 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 4 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 5 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 6 Kenya/Tanzania
- 7 Dubai first time
- 8 2 nights in Dubai
- 9 16 hours in Qatar
- 10 Petra from Israel
- 11 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 12 A South African in Lusaka
- 13 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 14 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 15 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 16 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 17 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 18 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 19 Safari suggestions
- 20 Best places to eat in Egypt?
- 21 Cashgate Scandal Malawi effected my tour ?
- 22 Travel to Africa
- 23 Best SIM card companies for Kenya and Tanzania?
- 24 Beirut/Lebanon for 4 days--What not to miss?
- 25 Complaint: Russell Frankish / Green Bush Pig Safaris