We booked a trip to Zimbabwe months ago, when this year's election dates were still in flux. Now they are due to occur July 31, and we are supposed to be there from apx July 19-July 24.
Should we be terribly concerned? We are flying into Lusaka in preparation for a canoe trip on the Zambezi river, so we are not flying into Harare. Anything we can do to ensure our safety beyond the obvious cautionary measures we take right here at home?
Also, I believe I'm correct in bringing only US dollars for tips while on safari. What about small incidentals? ie food, drinks, small souvenirs?
Thank you! Our trip is nearly here after months of planning!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Read: http://www.mindextra.com/xtest/
- 2 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 3 Safari In June
- 4 Business trip to Israel
- 5 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 6 Trip Report : Jordan and United Arab Emirates
- 7 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 8 honeymoon place
- 9 Suggestions needed for 5 days in Tunisia
- 10 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 11 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 12 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 13 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 14 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 15 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 16 Yom Hazikaron
- 17 Yom Haatzmaut
- 18 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 19 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 20 recomendation on African Safari company
- 21 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 22 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 23 One extra day in Jordan
- 24 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 25 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?