We booked a trip to Zimbabwe months ago, when this year's election dates were still in flux. Now they are due to occur July 31, and we are supposed to be there from apx July 19-July 24.
Should we be terribly concerned? We are flying into Lusaka in preparation for a canoe trip on the Zambezi river, so we are not flying into Harare. Anything we can do to ensure our safety beyond the obvious cautionary measures we take right here at home?
Also, I believe I'm correct in bringing only US dollars for tips while on safari. What about small incidentals? ie food, drinks, small souvenirs?
Thank you! Our trip is nearly here after months of planning!
Safety in Zimbabwe
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town + Safari and what else?
- 2 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 3 Iran Info, Please
- 4 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 5 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 6 COME TO IRAN ...
- 7 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 8 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 9 fez accommodation
- 10 what kind of phone
- 11 Need help with N TZ itinerary
- 12 Johannesburg...?
- 13 Travel regulations for children visiting South Africa
- 14 Self-drive safari ideas, but not South Africa
- 15 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 16 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 17 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 18 Train or car from Fes to Marrakech- with kids
- 19 Suggestions for a group tour
- 20 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 21 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 22 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 23 Good online shop for diplomats located in Dubai
- 24 Morocco: Presence of Armed Guards?
- 25 Chimps, Gorillas and Camels- a Tale of Three Countries