We booked a trip to Zimbabwe months ago, when this year's election dates were still in flux. Now they are due to occur July 31, and we are supposed to be there from apx July 19-July 24.
Should we be terribly concerned? We are flying into Lusaka in preparation for a canoe trip on the Zambezi river, so we are not flying into Harare. Anything we can do to ensure our safety beyond the obvious cautionary measures we take right here at home?
Also, I believe I'm correct in bringing only US dollars for tips while on safari. What about small incidentals? ie food, drinks, small souvenirs?
Thank you! Our trip is nearly here after months of planning!
Safety in Zimbabwe
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Marrakech Tours:
- 2 Camel Trekking Tours
- 3 Morocco Tours
- 4 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 5 Help with Rwanda trip
- 6 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 7 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 8 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 9 Tel Aviv beaches
- 10 Memory cards for camera
- 11 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 12 trip report, morocco
- 13 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 14 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 15 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 16 Morocco for 2 nights
- 17 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 18 Sabi Sands camps
- 19 Hotels in Nairobi
- 20 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 21 Rwanda trip report
- 22 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 23 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 24 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 25 israel and petra