We booked a trip to Zimbabwe months ago, when this year's election dates were still in flux. Now they are due to occur July 31, and we are supposed to be there from apx July 19-July 24.
Should we be terribly concerned? We are flying into Lusaka in preparation for a canoe trip on the Zambezi river, so we are not flying into Harare. Anything we can do to ensure our safety beyond the obvious cautionary measures we take right here at home?
Also, I believe I'm correct in bringing only US dollars for tips while on safari. What about small incidentals? ie food, drinks, small souvenirs?
Thank you! Our trip is nearly here after months of planning!
Safety in Zimbabwe
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 2 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 3 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 4 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 5 Hotels in Nairobi
- 6 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 7 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 8 Green Season Safari Questions
- 9 Novice Safari question
- 10 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 11 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 12 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 13 Quick question about Kenya..
- 14 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 15 Morocco in April 2014
- 16 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 17 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 18 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 19 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 20 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 21 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 22 Uganda Travel Planning
- 23 Israel and Jordan
- 24 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 25 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant