I have heard that travel safety in Zimbabwe (political violence preceeding and maybe following the March 2002 elections), Zambia, Namibia and South Africa are poor and deteriorating. Botswana still appears to be OK. I am considering a safari in one or more of these countries sometime in June to October 2002. Any input would be appreciated.
safe to travel on a safari
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 2 Zambia Impressions
- 3 Taste of Dubai
- 4 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 5 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 6 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 7 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 8 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 9 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 10 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 11 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 12 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 13 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 14 Dubai first time
- 15 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 19 Dubai and/or Oman
- 20 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 21 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 22 Morocco Advice
- 23 MOROCCO SOLO
- 24 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 25 Suggestions for a group tour