my fiance and i are planning our honeymoon to south africa and tanzania in august 2012.
we plan to stay in tanzania for 9 nights and are quite confused about how to go about choosing which game reserve/national park to go to. according to some reports, the serengeti migration may not be the best in august as the herd will be moving towards kenya (?) by then. Interested in selous/ruaha because of the boat safaris and supposedly less crowded but more chances of spotting big 5 and such.
ive been reading the posts in this site and everyone's been really helpful and informative. however, i haven't seen any post regarding the feasibility of going to both northern and southern tanzania at one go.
is it possible and practical and worth while to go to serengeti in the north, and selous and ruaha in the south -- within the above mentioned time span.
if not feasible, where should we go?
any and all advise/recommendations will be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Vtrex Male Enhancement
- 2 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 3 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 4 Stonetown versus Shimba Hills
- 5 4h transit dubai visit center ?
- 6 transit facilities for 14 hours in Dubai Terminal 2
- 7 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 8 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 9 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 10 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 11 Cairo International Airport
- 12 Petra from Israel
- 13 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 14 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 15 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 16 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 17 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 18 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 19 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 20 Dubai Guide
- 21 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 22 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 23 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 24 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 25 Loldia House Kenya