my fiance and i are planning our honeymoon to south africa and tanzania in august 2012.
we plan to stay in tanzania for 9 nights and are quite confused about how to go about choosing which game reserve/national park to go to. according to some reports, the serengeti migration may not be the best in august as the herd will be moving towards kenya (?) by then. Interested in selous/ruaha because of the boat safaris and supposedly less crowded but more chances of spotting big 5 and such.
ive been reading the posts in this site and everyone's been really helpful and informative. however, i haven't seen any post regarding the feasibility of going to both northern and southern tanzania at one go.
is it possible and practical and worth while to go to serengeti in the north, and selous and ruaha in the south -- within the above mentioned time span.
if not feasible, where should we go?
any and all advise/recommendations will be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 C@LFORINA : ROKU TEC*H SUPPORT CONTACT 1800:540:6830 DEVICE SETUP
- 2 Safari suggestions
- 3 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 4 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 5 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 6 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 7 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 8 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 9 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 10 Passport question for International flight
- 11 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 12 Tour operator near me
- 13 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 14 Sim card mainly for data
- 15 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 16 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?
- 17 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 18 Morocco Itinerary: Too fast?
- 19 If you are looking for a guide in Morocco
- 20 9D8N Morocco Itinerary
- 21 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 22 Storing luggage in Johannesburg
- 23 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 24 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 25 Johannesburg