my fiance and i are planning our honeymoon to south africa and tanzania in august 2012.
we plan to stay in tanzania for 9 nights and are quite confused about how to go about choosing which game reserve/national park to go to. according to some reports, the serengeti migration may not be the best in august as the herd will be moving towards kenya (?) by then. Interested in selous/ruaha because of the boat safaris and supposedly less crowded but more chances of spotting big 5 and such.
ive been reading the posts in this site and everyone's been really helpful and informative. however, i haven't seen any post regarding the feasibility of going to both northern and southern tanzania at one go.
is it possible and practical and worth while to go to serengeti in the north, and selous and ruaha in the south -- within the above mentioned time span.
if not feasible, where should we go?
any and all advise/recommendations will be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 2 safari for the mobility impaired
- 3 Restaurants and other suggestions - Fez, Essaouira
- 4 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 5 Carpet cooperative in Fes or Chefchaouen
- 6 Electric plugs in Morocco
- 7 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 8 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 9 Must sees in Southern Africa
- 10 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 11 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 12 Car Rental Casablanca Aptil
- 13 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 14 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 15 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 16 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 17 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 18 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 19 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 20 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 21 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 22 Buying merchandise
- 23 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 24 Egypt January-February 2018
- 25 Honeymoon - South Africa