my fiance and i are planning our honeymoon to south africa and tanzania in august 2012.
we plan to stay in tanzania for 9 nights and are quite confused about how to go about choosing which game reserve/national park to go to. according to some reports, the serengeti migration may not be the best in august as the herd will be moving towards kenya (?) by then. Interested in selous/ruaha because of the boat safaris and supposedly less crowded but more chances of spotting big 5 and such.
ive been reading the posts in this site and everyone's been really helpful and informative. however, i haven't seen any post regarding the feasibility of going to both northern and southern tanzania at one go.
is it possible and practical and worth while to go to serengeti in the north, and selous and ruaha in the south -- within the above mentioned time span.
if not feasible, where should we go?
any and all advise/recommendations will be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 2 http://www.scamcare.com/diabazole-reviews/
- 3 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 4 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 5 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 6 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 7 recomendation on African Safari company
- 8 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 9 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 10 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 11 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 12 One extra day in Jordan
- 13 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 14 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 15 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 16 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 17 Israel in Late October or November?
- 18 One month in Africa
- 19 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 20 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 21 Travel to Saudi Arabia
- 22 Snorkeling at Diani Beach
- 23 Madagascar - Books
- 24 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 25 Madagascar Driver/Lodging Question - Palmarium and Vakona