I am in the middle of planning a safari trip to Tanzania north circuit with my husnad and 8 year old child. We have asked for a private safari so that we have maxinum flexibility.
I am now wondering if even with a private safari, such a trip might be too gruelling for a small child. If the days are long and strenuous, she may not quite enjoy it and in turn we too will not be enjoying the trip!
Does anyone have experience with doing a safari trip with a small child? Should we wait another 2 years to do this?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 2 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 3 Buying merchandise
- 4 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 5 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 6 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 7 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 8 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 9 Egypt January-February 2018
- 10 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 11 safari for the mobility impaired
- 12 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 13 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 14 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 15 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 16 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 17 Dining in Cape Town
- 18 Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?
- 19 Dubai plan
- 20 Best Layover from NY to Cape Town
- 21 Israel with kids in August
- 22 Sterkfontein/ Cradle of Humankind
- 23 Iran in May
- 24 South Africa in June
- 25 Dual Citizenship- Travelling question