First I would like to thank you ALL for the advise I have gleaned from this site. I have been lurking here for the last two years, which is when I started researching for our Egypt trip in Feb. 2006. I kept reading about the safaris that people were going on and we decided to go on one ourselves.
My husband and I are traveling with another couple we have been friends with for years. I am the type to do lots of research and then just book it with one travel company. I picked out three companies and made a spreadsheet comparing three of their set itineraries. After all my research I chose Good Earth Tours. I had read good reviews and they have a US office. I picked one of their set tours and we made a few adjustments. This is our itinerary:
Day 1 (Sep 1st, 2007): SEA to AMS
Day 2 (Sep 2): Arrival Nairobi, Kenya
Meet and transferr to hotel, Nairobi Safari Club
Day 3 (Sep 3): Maasai Mara
After breakfast, transfer to Wilson airport in Nairobi for a morning flight to Masai Mara. Arrival in Mara; met by awaiting driver with the safari vehicle and start game drives in the Mara, Mara Serena Lodge, B,L,D.
Day 4~5 (Sep 4~5): Masai Mara
More game drives in the Mara, Mara Serena Lodge, B,L,D.
Day 6 (Sep 6): Mara-Nairobi
Depart Maasai Mara in the morning and drive back to Nairobi, Nairobi Safari Club, B,L.
Day 7 (Sep 7): Amboseli National Park
Drive to Amboseli National Park. Afternoon game drive in Amboseli, Amboseli Sopa Lodge, B,L,D.
Day 8 (Sep 8): Amboseli - Arusha, Tanzania – Tarangire National Park, Tarangire Safari Tented Lodge, B,L,D.
Day 9 (Sep 9): Tarangire National Park
Game drives in Tarangire National Park, Tarangire Safari Tented Lodge, B,L,D.
Day 10 (Sep 10): Tarangire – Lake Manyara
After breakfast drive to Lake Manyara Park, Kirurumu Luxury Tented Camp, B, L,D.
Day 11 (Sep 11): Lake Manyara / Serengeti
Today, we drive to Serengeti, Serengeti Sopa Lodge, B,L,D.
Day 12~13 (Sep 12~13): Serengeti:
Full day game drives in the Serengeti park, Serengeti Sopa Lodge, B, L, D.
Day 14 (Sep 14): Serengeti / Ngorongoro
After breakfast, we drive to Ngorongoro, with a visit to Olduvai Gorge. Arrive in Ngorongoro for afternoon game drive in the crater, Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge, B, L, D.
Day 15 (Sep 15): Ngorongoro / Arusha / Departure
Descend into Ngorongoro crater for morning game drive in the crater. Drive to Arusha, day room at Impala Hotel, then evening transfer to Kilimanjaro airport, B,L
Day 16 (Sep 16): AMS to SEA
On advice from this forum we added a flight to the Masai Mara but chose to drive back to get the feel of the country. Also because of advice given to other people on this site we chose the Mara Serena over the Sopa because it will be closer to the action during the migration. We are doing a lot of driving but this makes the trip more affordable. We are staying at a couple tented lodges.
Once again thanks for all the information on this safari and the egypt trip.
Safari Sept. 2007
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 East Africa summer 2014
- 2 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 3 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 4 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 5 Cape Town Safety?
- 6 first time family safari in August 2014
- 7 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 8 Memory cards for camera
- 9 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 10 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 11 Sabi Sands camps
- 12 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 13 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 14 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 15 Help with Rwanda trip
- 16 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 17 Tel Aviv beaches
- 18 trip report, morocco
- 19 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 20 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 21 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 22 Morocco for 2 nights
- 23 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 24 Hotels in Nairobi
- 25 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)